1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/20 2:21 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Speaking of Z34 and enabling... 

Link to Grand Prix Richard Petty edition, manual trans

Look at the redline and then ask why i love the LQ1. It sings at 7k.  It's an orphan of an engine, but it sure is fun.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/15/20 2:23 p.m.

I really dislike E36 M3 birds that post the price or mileage with a missing digit. "Honest mistake" my ass...

Patrick
2/15/20 2:33 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Yeah i saw $1950 and the pics and was ready to go buy it.  

Patrick
2/15/20 3:30 p.m.

Trusses just showed up.  Beefy.  No pics it's cold out berkeley that

Patrick
2/16/20 10:31 a.m.

Big boys 

in other news who wants to buy that impala ss once the garage is done and i pull my ls1 out?  

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/16/20 11:02 a.m.

In Reply to Knurled:

And so did Patrick's new garage become known as West Pripyat

I think we have identified the sign for over the door:

Azryael
Azryael Reader
2/16/20 2:01 p.m.

I've journeyed into the exclusion zone in my teens back in the 2000s. Eerie place.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/16/20 2:43 p.m.
XLR99 said:

In Reply to Knurled:

And so did Patrick's new garage become known as West Pripyat

I think we have identified the sign for over the door:

Don't we have a member on here with a CNC plasma table? If so how much will this cost to get made and shipped to Patrick?

Patrick
2/17/20 1:39 p.m.

Laying out backsplash tile pattern for the retro-ish kitchen in my buddy's house with the blue bathroom fixtures, i get excited when i get to do stuff like this

still concerned about winning the z34, it's in charleston WV, so if it happens i'll have to get a friend to go with, pick up, drive to Lexington and pick up rx8 and dolly then head back up.  Not really wanting to do this, so i hope someone outbids me or the seller refuses sale.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/17/20 1:47 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

You got two days left. Doubt you win with that much time left. 

Patrick
2/17/20 2:05 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I simultaneously hope and don't hope you're right laugh

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/17/20 2:08 p.m.

I know a nice cheap hotel in Charleston.....

Takes AAA discounts!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/17/20 4:59 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Charleston WV is just a day trip.  Straight down 77.  About 3.5 hrs south.  Be there for 1 hr and then 3.5 hrs back north.  An 8 hr day.  

But, if you want to make the loop including Lexington, let me know.  I'll join in.  

Patrick
2/17/20 5:54 p.m.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
2/17/20 6:41 p.m.
Patrick said:

Is that a garage for your garage?

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/17/20 7:01 p.m.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/17/20 7:15 p.m.

In reply to Brotus7 :

Yo dawg...

chandler
chandler PowerDork
2/17/20 7:28 p.m.

You need me to grab the rx8? I'm in Louisville now heading home tomorrow and it's not waaaay out of the way.

Patrick
2/17/20 7:41 p.m.

I mean, i could paypal him the balance if you wanted to get them closer to me.  I bought the rx8 and a dolly from kyallroad jeremy, and they're both at his place, so it should in theory be pretty easy.  It would save me from dealing with them right now.  I don't know if i have his number or not, i do have his email though

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/20 7:58 p.m.
Brotus7 said:
Patrick said:

Is that a garage for your garage?

Patrick
2/17/20 8:37 p.m.

I love GRM.  

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
2/17/20 9:14 p.m.

I think you described this earlier....that once the existing grosh gets "covered"  you then start exposing said  walls(existing) by removing exterior sheeting.....siding....yadda yadda............

Patrick
2/18/20 4:36 a.m.

Because berkeley me and I've been up since 2:45am, here's the idea.  This is the new workshop area where i'll have my tools and the main project and after all the building is done a 4 post lift.  

the posts down the left of the existing building are for a 10' wide x 32' deep area that will have an 8' garage door facing the street.  Once the building is done and inspected, the tools will move to the big workshop area, shelves will be built floor to ceiling in the original portion down both walls giving me tons of storage for parts as well as 4 cars pulled straight in from the driveway.  It'll likely be 2 future projects against the back wall and 2 drivers at the door for easy access.  Then in the 10x32 area it'll leave me 2 more spots for parking cars for easy access but will also be a pass through to the workshop for stuff coming from the front.  So i could drive in from there or from the new 16' wide side door.  

in the interest of separating the clean cars and parts in the old section from the working area, no walls will be coming down but the doors will remain between them.  There's a 5' golf cart size door on the back that will be a nice way to initially move the tools then after that it'll be a good way to get some cross ventilation and grab shelved parts without walking all the way around.  

it looks like the wartburg will go to the back first for completion, then it can trade places with the 57 which should be a drop in engine/trans and minor reassembly away from being a driver.  The hope is that with room to work i can start crossing the couple easy projects off the list so I can move on to the 2 hard ones.  The sand rail is literally popping a vw engine onto away from being functional, but without the space it's just not possible.  The same with my 54 belair.  It's a starter and clean the fuel system away from being back to driving, but it's been inside my dad's barn for the last 6 years because if it was here it would be sitting outside.  

inside will be the 54 and 57 chevys, wartburg, datsun, chevelle, mustang, the devin and the sand rail.  The mustang isn't here permanently, it's a challenge only car so if it goes away after this year or next it's going to go away.  Colin's studebaker is safely in my buddy's moms garage until which time she decides to downsize or move to seattle, so i'm not bringing it home until it needs to be here.  The Impala SS and the q45 are going away.  I don't love the impala anymore and i hate the infiniti

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/20 5:22 a.m.

Did you put those trusses up yourself or do you have help? Looking good btw!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/18/20 5:45 a.m.

I'm excited to come visit and see exactly how you fill the space. Hoping for some ideas. 

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LFgM3ird6XhyySXUcfv9bWmc24db5dLhVwJZMsmzw1bWuEpdvFUFYV2WA1rnCd46