1 ... 4 5 6
NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
12/9/19 2:25 p.m.

I have to stop looking at naked Corvette chassis and getting bad thoughts.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/10/19 8:15 a.m.

In reply to jlk16188 :

Looking good!

Would your front end design benefit at all from a rear mount radiator setup?

jlk16188
jlk16188 New Reader
12/10/19 8:28 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:

In reply to jlk16188 :

Looking good!

Would your front end design benefit at all from a rear mount radiator setup?

I dont think it would.  the radiator is mounted in the exact position and angle as stock.  I will be building a bumper support bracket off the front bar once I shape the body

jlk16188
jlk16188 New Reader
12/16/19 9:26 a.m.

I spent some time this weekend building a new radiator support.  The support holds the radiator in the stockish location but also will serve as the mounting points for the new front splitter ill make. 

The OEM radiator support was very flimsy and housed both the horns and the emissions air pump.  I deleted the pump and will mount the horns somewhere else later so I was able to really reinforce the new radiator mount well and welded it to the frame rails.

I can easily stand and jump on this new mount and my 200 lb weight doesnt deflect the mount at all.  I need to add some small gussets to the sides to prevent any side to side movement in the event of bottoming out the car accidently but it is already 100 times stiffer than stock

I had a helper this weekend.  Looks like shes been watching me a lot closer than I thought

Stz2020
Stz2020
1/10/20 8:07 a.m.

Great project!

I must say I was liking the roof idea though.

Was the change because of technical complications? Perhaps related to the fitting of the side window glass and the like?

Keep it up. Looking good anyhow. :)

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
7/29/21 10:20 a.m.

How's this project progressing?

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EGONAdsvHfhbbPUZZPZu5nDAlAH6MsQjnYrzVO2Sw2FxyIAvq5rKMYegzL3pSkdA