1 2 3
Wxdude10
Wxdude10 Reader
2/5/17 8:41 p.m.

No pictures, but built two photography backdrop holders for Mrs. Wx. Got to use my new jig saw. Plus, got a little cleaning done in the garage.

The wife's happy with it enough that I may be getting a 76 Fiat Spider...

NoPermitNeeded
NoPermitNeeded Reader
2/5/17 8:55 p.m.

I'm about to start planning for a racing sim setup... I'll post that in here.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
8/30/17 10:55 p.m.

Found this in a barn my dad recently purchased

mixed with 15 dollar facebook marketplace purchase

Proceed to flip it over pulling wheelies , watch my buddies do the same and nickname the bike death trap.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
10/11/18 10:05 a.m.

Reviving this for my latest waste of ti... err, small project. Gentlemen behold:

It's one of the free seats a customer left behind when we upgraded his MR2 Spyder to the later model leather seats. I rescued the aluminum chair base out of the trash at work, welded up an adapter out of EMT and unistrut, and bolted it all together. I completely failed to account for the layback of the seat, layback of the base, and height of the base, so my feet couldn't even touch the ground at first. Flipping the base around 180 degrees made it just tolerable, with a flat seat bottom instead of a radically laid back seat.

I might skip making the other one of these.. it wasn't the most effective use of too many hours of my time to admit. It is comfy, but I don't have many guests that want to sit around in the shop...

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
11/29/18 1:34 p.m.

I replaced this embarrassing and frustrating craftsman home gamer chest/bench 

I Voltroned together two HF chests with a side extension cabinet in the middle. 

I reclaimed the stainless wrapped plywood top from the old bench. I think it is very sanitary looking and the new height is far more comfortable 

914 New Reader
11/29/18 11:28 p.m.

My wife wanted a sofa table type cabinet for behind our 8’ long sectional.... problem is they don’t seem to exist. 

3 Ikea billy bookcases like this come to the rescue. 

Cut them down, screw them together and replace the shelves with stained real wood shelves and a continuous top and we are good!

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
11/30/18 1:18 p.m.

Earlier this year they closed the road to our favorite beach camping site - its hard packed sand/dirt and plenty fine for 2wd cars to make it most of the way down before it gets too sandy, However this is about 1 mile hike now. I really enjoy the spot as it as hidden in plain sight as you can be but its great waking up to the sound of the waves, normally we take the 4wd trucks to the 1.1 mile mark where it then takes some serrious air down or jeep like large tire vehicle to get past any further and by that time you basically on someones property. 

So to avoid carrying all the camping gear and firewood I constructed a little wagon after reviewing the plastic options on amazon.

This one is rated to 500lbs and has collapsible axles for stow-n-go mode, they slid down when you remove the hitch pins and place it in another hole.

built entirely out of scrap metal and HF junk it can be made for about 200 bucks and fits nicely into the trailer hitch. 

I use an oversized trailer hitch adapter for the undersized ball and it pivots nicely so you can steer

it technically then can be driven by a mower hitch setup too if you so choose, but I found it come in handy when doing yard work or carrying things around the property, added bonus is that I can carry my fuel jugs outside the car for rallys. no spill no smell and instead of carry them to the site you can just drag them comfortably and with its offroad tires its miles ahead of the plastic wheel'd counterparts that are just as expensive and hold 1/10th the weight. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/30/18 1:22 p.m.

In reply to fidelity101 :

That is pretty dang great!!

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
11/30/18 2:53 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to fidelity101 :

That is pretty dang great!!

thats what my brother in law said - so I made him one for xmas! 

I also have a weber gas BBQ welded to one of these get ups with non steer axles so I can bring the BBQ with me camping.

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/30/19 5:56 p.m.

I needed a spot to store tires/wheels to make space in my basement so I built a rack for them today.

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 Reader
6/15/20 11:04 a.m.

I hated the stock shifter (it's strange looking?) on the Cayenne so I chopped the shaft down and added a threaded post to put a different knob on it.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
korzk6T90jMhwGxbZ7CHAjp3CEdallKrrnWIxRiwEs0IzW2crBduW2B39qVKLKAs