1 2 3
Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
1/6/20 8:08 p.m.

Well, the LEDs are quite an improvement over the old sealed beams... got them adjusted and the cutoff is at hood level and trends downward from there. Parked about 9 feet behind the Escape, and the cutoff is just below the back window... 

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
3/12/20 2:03 p.m.

The Ramcharger has not been running like her usual self the last couple of days. Popped the hood at lunch today to check things out and found this-

That would be the manifold bolt for the No 1 cylinder, conveniently attached to the end of my negative battery cable. Found another place to bolt the cable to, and I will report back on her running habits with good ground...

Also, does anyone have a pair of LA 360 heads they'd be willing to get rid of cheap? I may need them if that bolt doesn't want to come out...

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
5/14/20 7:44 p.m.

The factory consoles on these trucks suck. They break and crack easily, the inside is a hollow plastic box without a bottom, and the cupholders don't. It's a problem that needs some creativity...

Enter my friend who is a cabinetmaker. He needed some help with fixing his truck. I helped, and he built me a center console for "payment". I told him nothing fancy, and gave him the old console to measure with. 

This is the "Nothing Fancy" he came up with- 

Gotta love a what a good craftsman considers "nothing fancy."

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/15/20 2:26 p.m.

Scary thing is its all probably from his scrap barrel. And hed call it quick and dirty.

God bless woodworking. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/15/20 2:39 p.m.

That's lovely. I'd be afraid to put my coffee in the cup holders. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
5/15/20 4:14 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

It's got a matte polyurethane finish. Wipe on, wipe off... smiley

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
5/1/21 4:31 p.m.

I took zero pictures whatsoever; but the window motors and regulators got replaced in both doors today. Win #1? Metal panel clips. 
Win #2? The assemblies are now bolted in instead of riveted in. Win #3? The windows work, and they don't rattle anymore. 
Win #4? Sometime in the whole process, I dropped a sawzall and accidentally cut off everything from the cat back...

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
5/1/21 6:31 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

Inner 9 year old enabled win #4? Was this planned or on impulse? Extra points for making an impulsive decision.  

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
5/1/21 11:54 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

This is the second truck I've done a cat-only exhaust on. Both times were a result of boredom and access to power tools. Truthfully, it sounds waaaay better than it has any right to.

And when my wife heard me fire it up?

"You are such. A. Boy!!!"

Yeah, I'm totally winning.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b1YDOAj7esLAKgfQyhgyhhSpr9E5ULt45Lcy0Ce30meg2VyDcVvIR2LhE8EveCvB