1 2 3 4
MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/15/13 6:43 a.m.
petegossett wrote: I understand not having time to finish the controller, but I fail to see why could couldn't just install a big knife-switch as a throttle for now?

Lol-Believe me it has crossed my mind. I have the schematic for a slightly less dangerous than knife switch relay/resistor based controller in my head. I refer to it as my "death box" controller. If that was all it would take to make it go well I would do it. The problem is the car still needs pretty much everything done. I'm headed out to the garage now and I'm naively hoping it will only take me an hour or so to get the car capable of rolling onto the trailer.

youngfg
youngfg New Reader
11/15/13 12:57 p.m.

I subscribed to this thread but didn't get any updates, so I am a little late. It looks like you have your brakes taken care of already. I can't find my brake pictures, I used Willwood PS-1 calipers, and rotors meant for a disc brake kit on a golf kart.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/15/13 11:33 p.m.

Ever have a nightmare that you left the house naked?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/13 7:13 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote:

Okay, now I'm starting to understand the appeal of this thing.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/16/13 8:22 a.m.

Turns out I didn't need the parts that weren't in my kit. They are no longer used.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQ99s4Ywnw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgqQ99s4Ywnw

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/16/13 8:29 a.m.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
11/17/13 8:34 a.m.

i saw a pic of this at the challenge. did it run?

and i love adam sandler. thanks for that.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/17/13 12:07 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13: unfortunately no. We ran out of time. Should be drivable soon.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/17/13 2:41 p.m.

Wait a minute! I resent that!

It ran. It ran just fine!

Not too fast, but I was proud to be the single horsepower on it's maiden voyage while you drove it!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/17/13 2:44 p.m.

In reply to SVreX: you are indeed strong as a horse:

So strong this the two of us just carried it off of the trailer. (It might just be really light )

spin_out
spin_out Reader
11/19/13 9:58 a.m.

Thanks for bringing the car to The Show. I took several photos of the tires on it. Sweet.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
2/2/14 1:33 p.m.

Any updates?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
2/3/14 12:13 p.m.

Did you see on Counting Cars that Rollie just bought one of these.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
2/11/14 2:26 p.m.

Is anyone else thinking: Add a section behind the door, maybe a foot (Like the way they make limos longer). Then lower the frame work on the base. Mount the driver seat more on the floor, and the batteries behind him.

It would make the wheel base longer, make the car look less stubby (I.E. make it look sleeker), and lower the center of gravity. These seem like good things.

I'm a paint and body guy with a welder, so that's the way I think.

(Yesterday I just happened to be looking over the photos I took at "The Show", and I go thinking.)

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
2/11/14 3:01 p.m.

My son pointed out the car in the magazine and I tried to explain to him what was going on. He seemed confused. I still think it's potentially awesome.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/12/14 9:21 a.m.
spin_out wrote: Is anyone else thinking: Add a section behind the door, maybe a foot (Like the way they make limos longer). Then lower the frame work on the base. Mount the driver seat more on the floor, and the batteries behind him. It would make the wheel base longer, make the car look less stubby (I.E. make it look sleeker), and lower the center of gravity. These seem like good things. I'm a paint and body guy with a welder, so that's the way I think. (Yesterday I just happened to be looking over the photos I took at "The Show", and I go thinking.)

That would all be good for performance but I like how stubby the car looks

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nANekiDEXuAoh59VnF5omMuEuUEEnFaHiiruKDfmjvOQ0VhQN6Gfo9x4gcidTUxP