Hoping to get it tuned sometime soon 

Rhen another open track day 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
2/3/20 1:41 p.m.

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
6/7/20 9:16 a.m.

Finally getting to this, lot of things happened woth moving remodeling etc the past few months. Finally going to get to the new shop. Going from 50x20 to 24x30 will be tough. I need to get more organized. I'm hoping to get a 30x20 lean to built or build it myself. That will make things much better and should have room for a trailer and my truck I drive everyday 

First coat was some paint someone returned and wasn't happy with, I'll go over it with some white next coat. Probably will leave the floor unpainted, haven't looked into any floor coatings though 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
6/12/20 7:07 p.m.

Street car now? I think I need to weld some braces from the door bars to the mirrors though. 

took Camaro mirrors then cut the bottom off and drilled holes to move the hardware so they can be mounted flat. 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
8/16/20 8:44 a.m.

Had access to some dirt so built a pad to the right, not really sure of the plan yet but, can't build there but I was thinking maybe a concrete pad and something so I can cut, grind and do dirty work over there. Cut down the left and started grading a pad. I think I'll go the lean to route here with tji joists here so from about 10ft height down to 8ft. thinking of around 20ft now but need to verify setbacks, and allowable square footage. 

I took two husky racks and connected them with one shelf to form a little work bench, its just a welded metal bench, which I think may be nice since its hard to stack a bunch of crap on it. I have another wood bench in front of the peg board. The amazon 8ft lights are really bright, I saw lof8 had them in his shop. Need to finish wiring after moving out my car and mounting the rest of the lights. The current shop wiring won't run a small air compressor so I don't really have a way to pump up my flat tires. I just bought a new jack though so I'll see if I cant take the tires off and bring them up to the house to inflate them put them back on. Need to run a service back here that I can weld off and run an air compressor and tools. Think I'll add some race banners in front of the above storage along the back wall also.

Haven't really worked out of it yet and will be needing to get a lot of tools still, I shared a lot previously with my dad at my old rented shop. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/16/20 2:12 p.m.

Lookin good!  What part of town are you in?

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
8/20/20 6:30 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

Myakka, just talked to the county and I'm limited to staying less than the house square footage on the addition, so I can do around a 24x30. So dealing with the same issues you had to

Lof8 - Andy
8/20/20 12:53 p.m.

In reply to ctk339 :

Nice!  Further East out your way is where I'd go if I had to do it again.  The mf'ing county people/rules suck.   

stylngle2003
stylngle2003 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/25/20 4:51 p.m.

this looks like an absolute blast.  heading back to first page to relive the project is probably a bad idea....but i'm going to do it anyway.  

we've been kayaking in myakka, i think.  or maybe watching gators at the park there.  i definitely recall a park with like treehouse type platforms where you could see the whole world. my folks live in Venice

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
9/12/20 9:32 a.m.

In reply to stylngle2003 :

Yep I really like it out here, I live about as close to town as you can be in Myakka so its really not far out.

I started to hopefully prep the car for another track day, things have settled down to where my shop is set up decently and I don't have to do other things.

One weird thing I noticed and it may have been part of the culprit with my very high oil pressure problem with the 0w-50 mobil 1 racing. After not running the car for a while I drained the oil, barely any came out of the oil tank behind the drivers seat, but a lot of oil came out of the oil pan drain plug. So I guess somehow all the oil is draining back into the pan, which is sort of weird because all the oil lines rise up above the engine. I was having issues with the 0w-50 mobil 1 racing having really high pressure even after it warmed up some, it was bypassing so much oil the pressure was 10-15psi over the pressure I set the bypass at (80 psi). 

But now that I've realized all the oil drains to the oil pan after sitting I'll prime the dry sump with a right angle drill before I heat the oil, that way there is actually oil in the oil tank to be heated. 

Going to just fill it with regular 5w-30 mobil 1 this time. For the most part it is similar to a stock ls1 and running the same clearances, oil temp shouldn't get too high with the radiator sized oil cooler either. 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
2/25/21 7:12 p.m.

Well that year flew by, well worth it though 

Ordered a fire bottle system, any suggestions on where to put the automatic nozzle? I'm leaning towards under the gauges, or on the curved part of the dash towards the driver

The manual pull I'll put one nozzle on each header and another nozzle pointed towards my feet I think. 

Lof8 - Andy
2/26/21 7:50 a.m.

Not sure if you're ready to hit the track again yet, but myself and a couple friends are hitting the Firm on Sunday, 3/7.

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
2/26/21 12:20 p.m.

I'll try for that, hopefully can get this fire system mounted this weekend and get some other odds and ends buttoned up, shouldn't be much. 

I have a remote tuning session setup for the 3rd, hopefully he would be able to tune the 7th as well. 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
2/28/21 6:42 p.m.

finished most of the fire system, need a longer pull cable. Also want to redo the nozzles that go to the engine compartment, should have used a grommet. Probably will be fine for a while though so not a rush.

Probably will mount the driver automatic nozzle next to do the other nozzle on the dash. Have the other one on the fuel cell

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
3/4/21 7:06 p.m.

Went to register for the 7th but looks like it's a time trial, probably not good for going on and off the track for remote tuning. I'll probably go up the following weekend. Are saturdays or sundays usually slower?

Lof8 - Andy
3/4/21 8:40 p.m.

In reply to ctk339 :

I haven't been to enough of them to know which day is better. Maybe just look at the number of people registered. I know their track days have been growing in popularity. 

yeah...the time trial, that's something new for me. I'm sure I'll be pushing the car harder than I usually do. 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
3/4/21 8:53 p.m.

Yeah I'd like to get there eventually. The Saturday before looks like not many people registered but we were going to go to the freedom factory drift event and probably won't have time to wake up at 4 the next day and get ready.  

Hopefully can get it sorted out the weekend after, tuning session went well on Wednesday, the few changes with the 02 sensor seemed to help. 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
3/16/21 12:22 p.m.

Took it out again, fuel pressure is dropping from 45 psi to 40 under load and the tuner said thats an issue and causing the EFI to over correct

Going to start with the easiest and work towards hard. 

Few ideas

-change fuel filter

-change wire ends, i have some steel crimped ends, maybe I need to switch to copper crimp ends on some of the wiring. Could do this on the grounds and power supply 

-wire the relay for the fuel pump to the terminal after the first battery kill switch that the alternator goes directly to

hopefully one of those will work, if not I'll start trying other things 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
5/3/21 8:15 a.m.

New vent in didn't help. Did help with the fuel smell in the trunk so not all wasted. Fuel filter was changed as well

Almost thinking I need a larger fuel filter with a stainless mesh instead of the paper element. 

infernosg
infernosg Reader
5/3/21 8:52 a.m.

Couple thoughts regarding fuel pressure. What gauge wire for the pump? Looks beefy but hard to tell. Do you have any way of monitoring voltage while doing a pull? Voltage drop will definitely slow down a fuel pump. My experience is with lower-powered engines so this usually isn't an issue. Not that it should matter but in my experience the fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator are located much closer to the fuel rails than what you have. Also, I would recommend against going with the coarser 100 micron steel mesh filters. EFI injectors are pretty sensitive to contamination. Most manufacturers recommend 10 micron max filters.

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
5/4/21 7:19 p.m.

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
5/4/21 7:20 p.m.

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
5/4/21 7:25 p.m.

I wired in a voltage meter before the pump, not sure if that was the correct method. I'll try to go from the battery on the terminals as well to see voltage drop. My ECU was reading 12.2 with the car off as well

I was going to get a 10 micro, just the woven glass or whatever else they had besides paper. Haven't decided on that yet

I'll do some more research but I saw something on the holley forums about turning it up to 60psi if you have the regulator furter away

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
5/10/21 6:37 p.m.

Tested it running today, had good voltage at the pump. My test wires and connections got hot though. Ran it again without and the connections all seemed fine.

Maybe I'll try a better flowing fuel filter. 

Also starting to think I need to mount the regulator coming off the TBI

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
5/18/21 8:13 p.m.

Sounds like it flows a little more fuel, we'll see if it helps this weekend. If not next thing is moving the regulator to the front. 

May need to change up how I'm mounting it, not thrilled with the zip ties but I guess they work

1 ... 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ETqzCCMATaD1Qlu5O8yQgQIFU3vGGgn6FXCOpkBOmCIZKuy2MvtvwRKFX1Kvn8sW