stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
1/15/15 7:58 p.m.

so a lot has happened in the past year and I do not have mustangs or lifted trucks right now , I acquired this "decent" dd/project car ; a 1996 Ford Crown Victoria . its not a p71 , but it is in really nice shape , doesn't even leak oil , but the odometer is broken and it needs all four window regulators ,interior is ok and it is all original . so far I've just done fluids, an induction service and rear ceramic brake pads .I'm enjoying the "stockness" and quiet . Gets decent gas mileage, hauls six and can fit four 265/70/17 inch truck tires without without blinking . I would like to do a moderate "pro-touring" style car that's reliable and comfy but fun to drive (even though it already is really) . anyways here are some pics to hold you over .

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
1/16/15 1:20 p.m.

paint code: Baller Beige.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/16/15 1:55 p.m.

Cash rules everything around me

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
1/16/15 2:02 p.m.

Details on future plans?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/16/15 5:26 p.m.

I approve. The color is.. interesting.

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
1/16/15 7:41 p.m.

You get it "fueled by caffeine" , haha . Future plans ?; I would really like to buy some 17x9 for all four corners and I'm thinking staggered offset , zero front and -12 rear , 98+ (whale ) brake upgrade in the front , limited slip and after that possibly start looking into some suspension , power is not really my main concern atm but I'd love to do a single turbo 5.4L (in the dream realm ) I'm trying to keep it simple and fun , lighting is one thing I'd like to improve , and I need fog lights for the thick fog we get around here . I Wasn't even thinking but with a purchase price of 1700 it's got a little ceiling for a challenge budget but I doubt i'd make it down for an event ever . Edit : the color was a huge factor for me getting this car , I've been wanting a vehicle in this color for a long time

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/16/15 9:27 p.m.

That is an impressive shade of beige. I didn't know it was possible to be......THAT beige.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
1/16/15 9:53 p.m.

There are times when I wish my Mark VII was a Crown Vic. That particular generation of Vic has a very low coefficient of drag. High mpg potential and high top speed potential.

This guy has done some interesting mods to his:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/project-aerotank-23057.html

Will
Will SuperDork
1/16/15 10:01 p.m.

If ya want beat then bring the ruckus, Ford Crown Vics ain't nuthing ta berkeley wit.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
1/16/15 10:11 p.m.
Will wrote: If ya want beat then bring the ruckus, Ford Crown Vics ain't nuthing ta berkeley wit.

"HHWHAT?....HUH?"

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
5/27/15 8:53 p.m.

haven't done much but drive this thing, the other day I installed some HID headlight kit(s) I got for free from my job, not too ricey ,low and high beams , and I refinished my headlights...I will have to upload pictures eventually... and get on the ball on doing something to the car, been mostly focused on my garage . I did go back to Florida to get the rest of my tools and stuff...have to get pics of that as well I suppose.

flatlander937
flatlander937 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/27/15 9:58 p.m.

That thing is awesome! I miss my 95 Crown Vic.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Reader
5/28/15 6:42 a.m.

I really wonder if the CV is the hot rod of the future. Going to start seeing these things at Goodguy's races etc...

anyone do a manual swap for them?

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
5/29/15 9:11 a.m.

people do manual swaps all the time,5.4 swaps, cobra swaps , lightning swaps ,ls swaps ...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K2JLQ7NYetG8M6lzXjOoddlBWrrU9Y8nrG3aDOcKfcMQylCvAstHxvUAh2e50gHf