1 2
pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
5/20/19 10:37 p.m.

I'm really curious what engine and trans setup you do on this one.  You've got what sounds like a complete set of engine accessories as long as all brackets mate up to whatever heads you end up with.  Could do worse than a 350ish iron-block SBC, whatever aluminum heads you can find on the cheap, and a 200-4R behind it.  But that's just one way to skin this cat and there's a ton of other methods as well.

Good score, and good luck!

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
5/22/19 1:48 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Thanks! Right now I am looking at useing the SBC and 700 R4 out of this car 84 vette that I parted out about 5 years ago:

I cut the car up for the suspension for another project 

I paid $660 for the entire non running roller car (600 + 10% buyer fee) but that was back before Vettekarts and before I knew about the challenge, so I don't think the paperwork has survived.  I will need to figure out FMV and go from there to see what the best plan is.

I checked the casting numbers on the iron heads and they should be 1.94(?)/ 1.50 or the 2.02/ 1.60 valves. I have not opened it up yet to check condition, but I do know the 700 R4 was shot when I got it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vm7VbbxjXzHtnUFenD8ORrO7b8v0GM0mecCUh4fwl5mdO5m8moqErW3oGKoJaqoJ