1 2 3 4 5
mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/28/20 10:59 a.m.
AxeHealey said:

That body style has really grown on my over the years. There's a guy around me that seems to daily his all year long. I think he was really confused when I saw him the first time and honked like an idiot and gave him a thumbs up. 

I guess all depends on how old you are. My family had a brand new 1985 one. We traded in on a 1989 Toyota Master Ace Surf dual sunroof LE van (what a mistake ). Great van, but it was no FJ. 

Lots of people in So Cal DD them. They usually drive them to $18 avocado sandwich for lunch, and $9 gourmet coffee and donut for breakfast. 

Jonathan Ward at TLC/ICON makes a great living catering to that crowd. 

Of course stated insurance is needed, as these are stolen these days, more than Integra Type Rs were back in the 00. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/28/20 11:08 a.m.

I have to order the wheel arch repair kit and the lower quarter panel repair panel

Will be about $950.

Then  order up upper and rear tail gate. 

These would the things I have to tackle - to take care of the rust. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/20 11:18 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

I'm in Cleveland so seeing really anything old-ish and cool being dailied through the winter is pretty rare. The guy that drives this is of the age that he likely could have bought it new and still has it. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/28/20 11:22 a.m.
AxeHealey said:

I'm in Cleveland so seeing really anything old-ish and cool being dailied through the winter is pretty rare. The guy that drives this is of the age that he likely could have bought it new and still has it. 

Ah ok.

My youngest brother is doing residency in Akron, so I know how seeing old metal there is. Makes sense! When I lived in St Louis, and I used to DD my Elise, year around, my consultant collegue at Deloitte, used to DD a brand new Viper, rain/shine/snow. Hardly saw anything old and nice around there being DD. Either was super junky things that were old, or mint restored things on weekends in the sumer time. 

onemanarmy
onemanarmy Reader
10/28/20 11:46 a.m.

I can't help it.....the abomination known as the FJ Cruiser should never be mentioned in a thread about a true Land Cruiser...an FJ60 in this case.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/28/20 11:53 a.m.
onemanarmy said:

I can't help it.....the abomination known as the FJ Cruiser should never be mentioned in a thread about a true Land Cruiser...an FJ60 in this case.

Ok ok fine! LOL 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/28/20 11:59 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

We were sort of cross shopping these when we bought the FJ Cruiser. Whenever I see one I'm sort of sad that we went the way we did, but 100k miles and nearly zero mantenence has been nice. 

This should be a fun thread. 

Hi Seth, the 3rd row you gave me to turn my FJCruiser into a 7 seater, has been fantastic, and we truly use it all the time!  

Yeah to me the 60 series is classic, from the middle east and africa and in my head (40 guys and iron pig fj55 guys will kill me), is the epitome of the design of the wagon. Of course the 105 series and the 70 series, neitehr we got stateside, are the other true warriors. 

This certainly WON'T be a FJC TT no maintenance thread, like you call mine the "Fire Chief Edition," the name has stuck by the way. I don't do anything on that, literally oil changes. We went to Moab and Canyonlands this year with it, before Covid shut down, and it didn't miss a beat. 

Just want to reiterate how happy I am that little people are having adventures riding around in that seat. The more families that get to use is the better the purchase was. Keep doing awesome car stuff. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/28/20 2:45 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Just want to reiterate how happy I am that little people are having adventures riding around in that seat. The more families that get to use is the better the purchase was. Keep doing awesome car stuff. 

Yup the little people are truly enjoying the nature, the national parks (6 this year so far), with plans for 3 more in New MX/AZ in New years. We are making awesome use of it.

HOWEVER, since members like onemanarmy want to talk about a REAL landcruiser (the 60 incoming), looking forward to showing kids the roll up windows (they think only my 67 Mini Cooper have them), and the TWIN STICKS! Very excited. Nov 10th can come soon enough!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/29/20 2:44 p.m.

GRM member picks up title for me Saturday. 

Trucking company has been now paid - picking up Nov 10th. 

Seller has been paid. Very excited. 

HOWEVER< while this was happening, WIFE DID A THING!!! Will have to make another thread.... 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/29/20 2:49 p.m.

Just over here waiting and trying not to point out that my FJ does have twin sticks........

This thread needs more pictures. 

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
10/29/20 4:01 p.m.

My best friend in highschool had one as his first car, albeit with less interior than yours. They're so smooth and comfortable. Really a taste of the beginning of the luxury SUV era. The H42 is a great shifting trans and seems geared well for the 2F.

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/29/20 9:56 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I'll post some more Seth when I grab the title. I was telling Mr2s2000elise if I hadn't just dropped a bunch of money in my Xterra, this one may have gotten kidnaped before it made it to California. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/29/20 10:17 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Just over here waiting and trying not to point out that my FJ does have twin sticks........

This thread needs more pictures. 

I know it does. Hehe 

You should make your FJ triple sticks! 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/29/20 10:17 p.m.
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I'll post some more Seth when I grab the title. I was telling Mr2s2000elise if I hadn't just dropped a bunch of money in my Xterra, this one may have gotten kidnaped before it made it to California. 

Hey I said if you want it - take it 

pay me later ! 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/29/20 10:18 p.m.
buzzboy said:

My best friend in highschool had one as his first car, albeit with less interior than yours. They're so smooth and comfortable. Really a taste of the beginning of the luxury SUV era. The H42 is a great shifting trans and seems geared well for the 2F.

Hehe thanks! I can't wait to drive it 

if I had this much room in high school - I would be in trouble. 

I feel like I got a mail order bride - and bmw88rider keeps sending me pics of her and is having his fun with her - and just teasing me'

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/2/20 7:22 p.m.

Title has been picked up from seller (thanks Mike). Waiting for Nov 10th, for the 60 to be picked up and delivered to me... 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/2/20 7:35 p.m.

I know a few guys in southern California with these. Really really nice ones. I'm have to find the pics I took of them at JCCS. 

They're def cool. Now I know where all your G Wagon money will be going. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/2/20 7:48 p.m.
yupididit said:

I know a few guys in southern California with these. Really really nice ones. I'm have to find the pics I took of them at JCCS. 

They're def cool. Now I know where all your G Wagon money will be going. 

Yes you will see soon enough where G wagon money will be going.  devil

I have been at JCCS last 5 years. Showing my, AE86, MR2 Turbos, and Cressida Wagon. cool

yupididit
11/2/20 7:49 p.m.

I went from 2014 to 2018. I probably have pics of your cars. 

What did you bring to 2018?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/2/20 7:55 p.m.
yupididit said:

I went from 2014 to 2018. I probably have pics of your cars. 

What did you bring to 2018?

You probably do. 18 + 19 I bought the same things: 1) P Type Supra 2) 4wd Liteace 3) 8K mile 95 MR2 Turbo

yupididit
11/2/20 11:39 p.m.

is that yours in the background? 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/3/20 5:42 p.m.

A few of us have sand 60s. Have fun with it. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/3/20 7:20 p.m.
yupididit said:

DAMN!!! YOU WERE THAT close to me!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/3/20 7:21 p.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:

A few of us have sand 60s. Have fun with it. 

love yours!

yupididit
11/3/20 10:32 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
yupididit said:

DAMN!!! YOU WERE THAT close to me!

I'm pretty sure the Asian guy you see in the previous pic and I, actually spoke to you. He had brought his Galant VR4 there!  This was 2018.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1Z3ECLeUqqFpQMbYJXaZFjlfBNXsZRMfjVR3jnYyc9s07vJNDRw7sjtaPEAzcsYV