1 2
drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
10/12/17 12:25 p.m.

Plug wires solved the stumbling problem, and I opted to just replace all the Maxxis tires with slightly narrower v720's. Mt Philo is the last event of the season, but I just don't trust those torn Maxxis beads. It's also extra cold and a very short course, so getting heat into 225's should be a little easier than 245's. I think next season, I'll add a set of 15x9 or 15x10 6ul's to the collection.

That will give me:

• Winter wheels - something like 15x5 or 14x5
  • Rain/summer wheels - 15x8 with 225-45R15 V720's (treaded autox tires)
  • Race wheels - 15x10 with 245-40R15 RC-1 (semi-slick autox tires)

I still haven't found a local shop that can handle scheduling an appointment for an alignment and putting slightly-not-OEM settings in the machine. I'm going to have to learn the string method sometime soon.

Here's a photo of the car all ready to go to Philo, days before the event. I'm not quite sure what to do with all this time, so I guess I'm going to drive up a bit early tomorrow. This is a totally different experience than I'm used to, where I'm still welding at 2am the day of the event. I could get used to this.

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
10/18/17 11:36 p.m.

With the last event of the season over, I can finally get back to wrapping up the Datsun!

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
6/12/18 10:30 a.m.

We missed the first event of the season (Ascutney), but made it out for Mt Okemo this weekend. It was fantastic. The weather was the best I've ever seen. Aside from my alignment being still-terrible (I'll get it aligned before the next event), and the exhaust being unbelievably loud ... it was perfect. I had a battle with Jason in his ZC-powered #223 CRX and he pulled out a fantastic run on Sunday. I made him work for the win, and am definitely looking forward to continuing the fight for a class win throughout the rest of the season.

Here's one of my runs.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
6/12/18 2:32 p.m.

Good looking car!

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
6/13/18 4:47 p.m.

Thanks mate! It drives pretty great, so I'm really looking forward to how it behaves when I get it aligned.

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
8/29/18 12:34 p.m.

At Burke, we had a new tube-frame, Hayabusa-powered buggy that showed up and ran away with the P4 class win. At this point, I haven't won an event so far this season ... but it looks like I'm in the running for the Class Champion despite that. Showing up to the most events definitely counts for something in racing.

Here's one of my runs from Burke 1!

https://youtu.be/5AnlBmImVSo

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
D8koKuosRr2BuxtnNu4qJPOKOsF0oAbaY1ueCSe4nbPxlbmZbNOjS7wm3Gbu47Aj