1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/8/19 6:20 p.m.

And I weigh underestimated the amount of yield we would get from the plywood. I think I may actually have made enough tonight to do three out of the four walls

Dusterbd13-michael
1/9/19 8:51 a.m.

I have no idea why it took me 3 years to put a latch on the door to cold storage. But i finally did!

Dusterbd13-michael
1/9/19 9:17 a.m.

Unknown cost. These are all t8 fixtures, with utilitech led bulbs. Two fixtures still need boxing, and i have 5 more for the other side of the shop. Im very pleased with these. 

I still need to finish the ceiling. 

Another unknown cost.

50s era craftsman 150 floor standing drill press.  The box is an 80s era craftsman that i scored at habitat for humanity. Same with the grinder. It holds all things drilling related. And is on wheels, which is nice. The drawer slides on the box are garbage and need attention.

Tonight i give the truck a once over, and hopefully start hanging the French cleat wall system. 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/9/19 4:41 p.m.

Thats as far as im getting tonight. Im on munchkin duty.

Dusterbd13-michael
1/13/19 3:32 p.m.

The french cleat wall system is about 1/3 done. There's about another 8 feet to the left of whats complete that i want to do yet. But i need to fix the wife's minivan first. 

Moving the drill press against the wall, as compared to the previous 1 foot off, as well as removing the valvoline sign really makes the shop feel bigger, and a lot more workspace is now usable. 

Need to find a new home for some of the garage art now. Some will be on the cleats, but some may need to go away.

Dusterbd13-michael
1/16/19 8:17 a.m.

Slowly but surely getting the hardware bins back on the wall.

Then to get the hardware organized better with the expanded ability. 

I reallywant to get the workmates and fire extinguisher up as well, but need to figure out how to mount them to a cleat.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/16/19 8:22 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Grab a wall bracket for the fire extinguisher and mount it to a cleat. The work mate is a bit more challenging. Maybe put a couple hooks on the wall or a rafter. Horrible fright has big hooks really cheap, screw in, gravity supported, and bolt on.

Dusterbd13-michael
1/17/19 8:50 a.m.

I think I may have gotten too many bins. 15 still to hang.

Thats almost 16 feet of cleat material in just hanging the bins.

And i have no use for half at the moment. 

xflowgolf
xflowgolf SuperDork
1/17/19 9:23 a.m.

looks great! 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/17/19 10:18 a.m.

In reply to xflowgolf :

Thanks! I'm amazed with how much storage space this opens up, but it's a new mental game of Tetris figuring out how to best utilize it

Dusterbd13-michael
1/18/19 10:02 a.m.

All the bins made it on the wall.

Organization will take a couple of days....

Slammo
Slammo New Reader
1/18/19 7:53 p.m.

Looks awesome!  I'm sure you'll find a use for the empty bins quickly.  Anything small that doesn't have a home will wind up in one.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/19/19 8:25 a.m.

Looks great man. 

I am about to do a minor renovation to my shop space this summer.  I have had my house and it's attached barn for about 20 years.  The roof has leaked that whole time and I could not insulate the ceiling of the shop area.  Barn got re-roofed this fall.  I can insulate!  Today I am getting 8-10 sheets of 3/4 plywood that used to be real estate signs.  That will cover a bit more than 1/2 of my shop.   It is currently oil soaked barn boards.  I have flooring plans.  I'll have to start a thread about the updates.

Thanks for the reminder of the Habitat Store.  I have one about 20 mins away and never remember it.

Keep up the good work.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/3/19 3:00 p.m.

Next is seal and wax this side. Then baseboards. And challenge car...

Norma66
Norma66 Reader
2/3/19 6:16 p.m.

Looking good!

Dusterbd13-michael
2/7/19 6:50 a.m.

Ripped pressure treated 2x6 and 5/4x6 to 5 inches tall, pulled my stash of salvage quarter round, and got the first coat of paint on.

I forgot just how miserable painting quarter round is.

Dusterbd13-michael
11/8/19 9:16 a.m.

I spent $141 on electrical supplies this morning. 

Dad and i add lights in storage and wall receptacles tomorrow. I will finally be able to have that off the list!

And since we essentially have to gut the whole works to do this, it'll be a good time to clean, install the baseboards, and finish the ckeat wall.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/19 9:30 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Hey I know those lights!  Nothing like a shady deal on a side street in the Brentwood area of Jacksonville. 

Dusterbd13-michael
11/8/19 10:03 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I still have five more to put up on the other side of the shop when I get that ceiling built. I'm actually kind of excited to be working on the shop again to be honest. It's time to have a nicer place to spend time.

Dusterbd13-michael
11/9/19 9:57 a.m.

Todays electrical goal is lights, circulating fans, and a switchd outlet for the air compressor in the cold storage. 

Dusterbd13-michael
11/9/19 1:34 p.m.

Well, were done. For today at least.

The lights all work. The outlets for the fans work. 

The switch to control the lights do not. We screwed the pooch somewhere....

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
11/9/19 5:46 p.m.

Did you add that thermo ply yourself? Did it have an affect? 

Dusterbd13-michael
11/9/19 6:00 p.m.

it was here when we bought the house. sp i honestly cant say if it helped or not. 

i have been binging home electrical articles and videos tonight. i found out a LOT i wish i had known this morning. 

tomorrow is going to be far more productive!

Dusterbd13-michael
11/10/19 9:02 a.m.

child labor is AWESOME 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/19 10:55 a.m.

Mary Mary, why ya buggin?

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TbyYmCh3ZzwEUNR0JE2s0gh9Ls3PHrLELDiCEWzhydN8FF6Vei3uX2mikelgqh4h