1 ... 7 8 9
MichaelYount
MichaelYount Reader
8/21/13 5:51 p.m.

Nice work Jakeb. Love the OEM look. All the electricals/gauges/A-C/cruise and such work as it should?

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/21/13 6:57 p.m.

In reply to Harvey:

My 2 year old loves to use wrenches on the valve stems while I work. Sometimes she even leaves them there...I'm going to loose one some day.

jakeb
jakeb Reader
8/22/13 6:36 a.m.
MichaelYount wrote: Nice work Jakeb. Love the OEM look. All the electricals/gauges/A-C/cruise and such work as it should?

thanks! The only thing that doesn't work is cruise. Mostly because this car is drive by wire and there wasn't an easy solution. Also the owner of the car didn't want/need it.

coolusername
coolusername Reader
8/22/13 7:21 p.m.

dude...you ever hear Chuck Berry or BB King and think man i would give anything to be able to play like that??? that is what i think of when i look at what you can do........a artist dude...a artist, play dude, play on.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/22/13 7:31 p.m.

Am I the only one who's disappointed the build is over? Seriously, jakeb, you have great taste, and do some incredible work! Thanks for sharing!

jakeb
jakeb Reader
8/22/13 8:50 p.m.
coolusername wrote: dude...you ever hear Chuck Berry or BB King and think man i would give anything to be able to play like that??? that is what i think of when i look at what you can do........a artist dude...a artist, play dude, play on.

That means a ton man! Thank you. I am actually a musician too. My degree is in Music Ed...I am a Band teacher by day. Part time this year so I can build more cars.

dj06482 wrote: Am I the only one who's disappointed the build is over? Seriously, jakeb, you have great taste, and do some incredible work! Thanks for sharing!

thanks! I'll keep posting my builds. There are a couple that will trump this one in the works....

Entropyman
Entropyman GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/23/13 1:05 p.m.

Been looking forward to the updates on this for the last month. Incredible work!!! Thanks for bringing us along.

jakeb
jakeb HalfDork
8/23/13 3:33 p.m.

Just little things now.

AC vacuumed down, charged up, and blowing cold.

jakeb
jakeb HalfDork
8/25/13 2:19 p.m.

Just putting miles on it...around 100 miles post swap on it. Getting more comfortable with pushing it harder. It is soooooo smooth. Put my sons car seat in it and will use it as a DD before it ships out just to make sure everything is rock solid.

Just some random pictures.

jakeb
jakeb HalfDork
8/28/13 10:26 a.m.

Out and about today...

Stopped and looked at a 63 stepside.... Noticed a great picture.

jakeb
jakeb HalfDork
8/29/13 12:49 p.m.

I really like pictures so I'll share some more....

Foggy this morning so I stopped at this old closed truss bridge.

MichaelYount
MichaelYount Reader
8/30/13 8:41 p.m.

Nice job Jakeb! No problems with tire to fender clearance?

jakeb
jakeb HalfDork
9/4/13 9:45 p.m.

Some high quality pictures....video will come in time.

This is me...

The full setting

jpnovak
jpnovak New Reader
9/5/13 9:47 a.m.

I had to laugh at the BMW logo on the top of the engine cover.

Stealthy. Great build.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/12/13 10:15 a.m.

Those wheels look enormous on the car. Great build overall.

jakeb
jakeb HalfDork
9/12/13 8:45 p.m.

If anyone is in the Chicago area I am going to be at vintage fest at ZF with the e36.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/13/13 7:16 a.m.

This is the best E36 I've ever seen. Great work!

jakeb
jakeb HalfDork
9/16/13 10:05 a.m.

Went to vintage fest in Chicago this past weekend..bummer that is rained just about the entire day on Sunday (day of the show) but still had a good time. Pretty awesome even with the rain you pop the hood and a crowd of 15 people gather around to look. The M60 cover tricked a lot of people off the bat.

Driving down on Saturday it was absolutely beautiful...74 degrees, sunny, couldn't ask for a nicer day. Listened to music with the windows rolled down.

I had planned to take more pictures but the rain sorta put a damper on it. This was the only one I took.

Then the entire way home it rained....well 90% of the way home. I hate driving in heavy rain.

The e36 performed flawlessly. Got 25mpg on the first tank and that was with some hard driving when I stopped to visit a buddy. Got 22mpg in town in Chicago giving multiple people rides. The tank on the way back I haven't filled up but I am estimating 26-27mpg or so.

unt0uchable
unt0uchable New Reader
10/7/13 9:01 a.m.

So, I drove up the Jake's this weekend to pick up some of his strut bars for the e28. As soon as I got there we scooted over to get the e36 from storage (he quit daily driving it...that e36 will spoil the E36 M3 out of you!)

I got the privilege of driving this thing around some of those back country roads and all I can say OH MY GOD. This thing hauls ASS, and sounds freakin awesome too. It pulls so hard and could take a corner like it's nobodies business. Once I figured out the clutch...and fly-by-wire gas pedal (yeah laugh at me, those things are touchy!! lol)..holy smokes! Even with the stiff suspension setup, 10" wide tires, and being as low as it is, the thing rides super smooth and is extremely comfortable even on our lumpy Michigan roads. The steering is tight, the shifter feel is incredibly comfortable. Tight, smooth, and SHORT shifts, and not a single bit of notchiness. And the throw on the shifter is so short, you can almost flick it into gear. The craftsmanship that went into this car is something else. The thing looks and drives brand new. And the exhaust note if absolutely perfect. This guy seriously knows what he's doing.

Can't wait for the next build man...I know you're lined up, but now I see exactly why people call you left and right wanting something like this. Definitely a German Muscle Car here. And an absolute blast to drive!!

jakeb
jakeb HalfDork
10/15/13 5:51 a.m.

Short teaser of the video we are working on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS2LPmY1cB8

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/16/13 2:47 p.m.

I thought you built this for someone else? How come you still have it?

BTW, I like how it still has a BMW engine cover.

jakeb
jakeb HalfDork
10/16/13 8:57 p.m.

I did build it for someone else. It just hasn't shipped yet. Customer is not in the US and is working out all the transportation details.

jakeb
jakeb HalfDork
11/6/13 6:53 a.m.

New video...

Narrated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDuQTn1o0LQ

and non http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWgGKHyqYw

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kzrKP1iZ7oL2z40nLUu2DLJFzzl9BwrcDkRPildYF9zQQVuejsPVqiz7YI4P9vDd