1 2 3 4
wrp
wrp New Reader
11/20/18 8:38 p.m.

Just nearing the end of this stage of the build. I picked up the car in 2015 as a kit someone had started but couldn't finish.  I completed the Roadster or open top version and drove it for a year then went in to seriously finish it. The car has a mild small block chevy engine, TK-45 5 speed, Ford 8.8  rear end. I have double adjustable QA-1 shocks on all four corners and a fully adjustable 4 link rear end. Some highlights of the car include the recent paint by 121 Rod and Restoration in Trenton Texas, the upholstery by Leo's Upholstery in McKinney Texas, and initial assembly by SNL Performance in Haslett Texas. We are sporting a Monster double disc hydraulic clutch, and an Old Air HVAC. The 350 Chevy was rebuilt by Blaine's Motors in DFW. The initial tuning and dialing in was completed by Travis Hooper in Frisco Texas while Garry Gutierrez of Frisco Texas dialed in the suspension. There were a host of other contributors to the car and it is of course not really finished yet. Enjoy the pics

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/20/18 10:02 p.m.

I like those cars a lot.  Yours is a great color!

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
11/20/18 10:21 p.m.

That thing just looks "Right". 

Brian
Brian MegaDork
11/21/18 9:51 a.m.

Nice. The new second gen with the 32 nose is my dream car. I’m also in the middle of a roadster build with my father. 

Enjoy it!

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
11/21/18 10:31 a.m.

That looks great... love the color too.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
11/21/18 10:37 a.m.

Beautiful car, love it. That is one of the cars on my wish list, hopefully I get to build one sometime.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
11/21/18 7:26 p.m.

Looks great!  Lived in Frisco tx for a few years and really liked it there.

wrp
wrp New Reader
11/22/18 10:58 p.m.

Couple more shots

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
11/23/18 9:29 a.m.

So... what do they call that green, anyway?

Brian
Brian MegaDork
11/23/18 9:56 a.m.

What does it still need?

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/23/18 1:48 p.m.

Beautiful car.  Enjoy it!

wrp
wrp New Reader
2/11/19 8:20 p.m.

We are pretty much complete, they have been touching up the paint, matching some areas that they wanted to ensure were the best possible.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/11/19 8:41 p.m.

Is that a removable hardtop and windshield?

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Reader
2/11/19 8:45 p.m.

I am honestly amazed at how tasteful that hot rod is. I'm all one for being obnoxious, but you've got usable padded seats and even electric window controls! And heat! Hordes of dad-rods have tons of stuff in them that makes them unbearable because "Thats the way hot rods/rat rods should be!" but just end up making a clone of what everyone else has done. Crap man, you even have a padded cover for the roll bar.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
2/11/19 9:10 p.m.

AND a nice still in the background,laugh

Pete

Sanchinguy
Sanchinguy Reader
2/12/19 3:39 p.m.

Amazing car. You should be proud.

I’m curious - Is that last pic photoshopped? I see some cut lines and some missing shadows , particularly the car isn’t reflected in the surface of the still...

mke
mke Reader
2/13/19 7:19 p.m.

Love it.  I'm hoping a 33 roadster will be my next project and hoping it comes out even 1/2 as nice as yours

Norma66
Norma66 Reader
2/13/19 8:33 p.m.

My father in law has a 34. I love fords of this era. Nothing beats the look of a chopped Ford.

wrp
wrp New Reader
12/27/19 7:33 p.m.

Sorry to have been away so long. The still was photo-chopped, the one below isn't :) The color is British Racing Green, it is a BMW color. Here are a few shots I have taken recently

wrp
wrp New Reader
12/27/19 7:35 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

I am honestly amazed at how tasteful that hot rod is. I'm all one for being obnoxious, but you've got usable padded seats and even electric window controls! And heat! Hordes of dad-rods have tons of stuff in them that makes them unbearable because "Thats the way hot rods/rat rods should be!" but just end up making a clone of what everyone else has done. Crap man, you even have a padded cover for the roll bar.

Thanks for the comments. I wanted to keep it simple cause I drive the crap out of it.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/27/19 7:42 p.m.

Sweet ride! 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/27/19 7:56 p.m.

Cool build.  It looks nothing like the ZZ-Top car but yet that song (..she’s got legs...) came into my head as soon as I saw it.  Maybe the fact you’re in Texas?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
12/28/19 7:32 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Is that a removable hardtop and windshield?

Yes, the FFRs can be run as roadsters or coupes.

wrp
wrp New Reader
1/1/20 11:05 p.m.

I've been working on a set of Vortec Heads for my SBC. The Vortec Heads in stock form have limited lift. I intend to run them with the mild flatt tappet cam I already have installed in the car. I have been working with a Machine shop that has let me use the machines to do some of the work. I've made some pretty good videos cutting out the old valve seats, installing new ones, Cutting the seats, lapping the valves, and modifying the guides to accommodate a dual spring setup and allow for a 0.500/0.500 lift.

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/1/20 7:06 a.m.

Shout out to GRM for including us in the April Issue.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VADugIni2uKXw9Oc8TMR4sw18ONSNiZWYOxoZtT4bcpTLnWvkmn1IwtcvE9QXVGi