1 2 3 4
wrp
wrp New Reader
3/2/20 9:45 p.m.

Stopped off by Outlaw Performance in Lewisville TX. They were having a Grand Opening Car Show. We got a trophy.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
3/3/20 10:18 a.m.

Nice!

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/20/20 11:13 p.m.

Thanks for the kind words. There was a show at Northstar Dragway in Denton Texas a couple of weekends ago. We did not  really win anything but met a lot of great gearheads. Additionally, the track was holding an opening session. We found out later it was the last event for the track which had been sold. 

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/20/20 11:17 p.m.

On the way home from Northstar, we saw a beautiful Flag Flying so we stopped by and took a few shots. Enjoy

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/20/20 11:22 p.m.

It has rained pretty hard here for the last couple of weeks so the sun peeked out earlier and we went out to a subdivision that was new, with no houses, and did a video of the car cornering. Speeded up the video a little , fun roads

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
3/21/20 7:47 a.m.

Would love a picture from the front with the top off.  Can't quite figure how the top, windshield and roadster config works.

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/21/20 9:38 a.m.

Secret sauce is there is a separate windshield for the roadster configuration.  So when the top comes off, the existing Windshield comes with it. Same bolt holes hold the windshield you see here. There are a few variations out there. There is a soft top, or retractable convertible top that fastens to this windshield. There also is/was a vendor that molded a glass top that would mount like the one that came with the kit but would hook up to this windshield. I think FFR has added a variation on the kit that has the single windshield with removable top.

Sanchinguy
Sanchinguy Reader
3/21/20 3:22 p.m.

Is it just me or does that car cry out for some subtle dark gold pinstripes?

Azryael
Azryael Reader
3/21/20 5:24 p.m.

That thing really looks like a riot to drive.

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/21/20 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Sanchinguy :

It actually does have them, in the sunlight the pearl underlay seems to over shine it

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/21/20 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Azryael :

It's underpowered but I do enjoy it. Working on a better motor now.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
3/21/20 6:24 p.m.

In reply to wrp :

Makes more power than just about anything I've got!

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/21/20 7:21 p.m.

In reply to Azryael :

I apologize, I did not mean to come off in a bad light. The car prior to this had nearly 1500 wheel horsepower, maybe more. I could move a 4,000 lbs GTO to 9.29 @ 154. We had made many improvements looking for an eight second time slip but the car was destroyed. This current car is a hoot to drive and I am very proud of the work that has been done on it. I am sitting on twin turbos and a LS 6.0 LQ9 that are waiting to go in when the SBC gets sorted out.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
3/21/20 7:31 p.m.

In reply to wrp :

Oh no, I no means took it in a bad way; I was more or less saying I'm sure it still makes more than anything I've got currently.

That's going to be insane when you do that swap. Definitely looking forward to seeing some videos of it in action.

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/21/20 10:46 p.m.

Its all hot rodding and its all good :)

Azryael
Azryael Reader
3/21/20 10:51 p.m.

Absolutely. I love seeing the builds and the passion on here.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/22/20 2:31 a.m.

That bird is gonna be stupid fast with a twin turbo LQ9. I can't even imagine.

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/24/20 9:51 a.m.

So at the end of the day I have 16 quarts of moonshine sitting around in the garage. I have a friend who is suffering from an incapacitating disease and wondered if they are being affected by shortages. Hang with me here. Ethyl Alcohol is as effective as Isopropyl Alcohol for surface cleaning. So I contacted them to see if they could use some sanitizer. At 100 proof, the white whiskey is about 50% alcohol. So the answer was certainly. The challenge then is to brave the forces of social distancing and make the delivery. In a way, it is like the old days roaring out of Harlan heading for the Cumberland Gap. I am titling this the run to glory.  https://www.thejacksonscottbatesfoundation.org/ is the location of rht Foundation page for anyone else wanting to contribute.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
3/24/20 11:28 a.m.

That's so cool!

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/25/20 8:00 a.m.

Took advantage of the low density traffic to do some playing yesterday

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/25/20 8:02 a.m.

Got out and about yesterday, aligned the front end after raising the ride stance about 2 and a half inches. Car handles great

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/25/20 8:03 a.m.

Fantastic opportunities for photos especially in the traditionally high density traffic locations

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/26/20 4:57 p.m.

Tracks ain't open, however, the exit ramps are. Texas exit ramps are a hoot any time. With the SIP, no traffic, even moreso. Enjoy

wrp
wrp New Reader
3/26/20 7:24 p.m.

So, talking to a friend about the Biloxi meet. He asked the question, what tools should I bring? I had recalled we were at a show and a friend had a minor problem and wound up having to drive a car home under non optimized circumstances. I vowed to always have a minimum number of tools to avoid getting towed or having to drive an unsafe car. My lists are below.

Must Haves

1. Tape, Duct, Masking, Electrical.
  2. Screw Drivers- Phillips, flathead, and torx?
  3. Pliers, vice grips, and dykes.
  4. Sockets, ratchet, extension
  5. Zip Ties
  6. Spare bulbs
  7. Spare Fuses
  8. Cell Phon Charger
  9. Allen wrenches
  10. Jumper cables/device

Nice to have

1. Jack and breaker arm
  2. USAA/AAA roadside service
  3. Multimeter
  4. Timing Light
  5. Distributor wrench
  6. Adjustable wrench
  7. Protection
  8. Hand Sanitizer

zordak
zordak Reader
3/27/20 9:03 a.m.

Murphy's law says no matter what you bring you will need the one thing you did not.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2U52ENLtqzo02gKfiBynaxCwbhBV4uWF7DoWg5CyQCIaJ2fskEGAl53bOcbAqDeJ