1 2
trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/16/17 6:21 p.m.

Well Santa's helpers are out early.... Got the call that we pushed up one day....

Once again, great support from Stewart, very friendly and helpful. I was actually stuck in traffic so he was waiting on me!

Quickly unloaded 5:30pm ... well there is like 10 million boxes... so quick is relative.... did the inventory and laid out the boxes in what I think will be the order to attack them in....course got done with that... and heck... might as well open the box I was gonna do in the morning.....so Box 15 is done!

And it looks like we have some 818 design here with Both R and S mounts on the same frame.

Lower A-Arms all greased up and set loose in there until we get ride height set and then torque......

I will get the nose off in the morning and finish up the front suspension... the aluminum that I normally remove almost right away will remain for this build so I can set the engine and take a look at turbo placement.

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/16/17 6:27 p.m.

so.. fast forward since I already started right at Christmas to the other day...

moving towards getting this to crank and make some noise....

Wiring is about 80% done... I am going to get it running with all the stock switches first then wire up the cyclic stick... Engine went in today for the FINAL time... while I was at it I went ahead and recycled the 2015 clutch tubing..fit nice. All I had to do is re-bend one line and it all worked out... I can go ahead and put brake fluid and clutch fluid in tomorrow. The Coyote Harness is 100% laid into the Ron Francis Harness... will work the seat heaters tomorrow as well as start working the custom driveshaft I need built. Looks pretty cool.

I had a couple people ask me about the MT82 tranny and how far it hangs below... so here are some more shots..

From the front... oil pan JUST below the frame:

Custom Made MT 82 tranny mount

getting ready to mount the intercoolers!

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/16/17 6:28 p.m.

Didn't get as much done today... had a few visitors and some friends came over.... so got the intercooler mounts made... one intercooler color matched to the car color... looks pretty good... had planned on measuring up the driveshaft, but that is a next weekend thing I suppose. anyway....

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/16/17 7:22 p.m.

Not intended to be a complaint, but which model FF vehicle is this? And pics are always of interest...

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/16/17 7:50 p.m.

65 coupe

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/21/17 6:00 p.m.

Another few steps closer today.... work has let up some.... so spent the FULL day at it.... Seat heaters installed, some more wiring, installed the shifter for the final time, installed a good chunk of the aluminum.. the back is completely done, cockpit floors are in, battery installed and cables run...man I guess I got a lot done now that I am typing it all out... only 3 pictures but the under car shot looks great with the powdered panels....too bad it won't be seen.... anyway... closer to first start!

seyhan3535
seyhan3535 New Reader
1/21/17 9:10 p.m.

This is worthless without pics. Show pics of the car.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
1/22/17 1:17 a.m.

The pix are hotlinked from the FFR forum; you may need a login there to see them.

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/22/17 6:47 a.m.

the pics are showing on my computer?

einy
einy Reader
1/22/17 5:39 p.m.

None showing on my ipad ....

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
1/22/17 7:58 p.m.

nix, no photos here either

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/22/17 8:51 p.m.

hmm.... how about now?

Hamfisted_Slowguy
Hamfisted_Slowguy New Reader
1/22/17 8:58 p.m.

In reply to trevesk:

Oooh! Shiny. Looks really nice so far. Did these just start shipping? This is the second thread in the past week about this kit.

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/22/17 9:27 p.m.

I am a beta builder

emsalex
emsalex New Reader
1/22/17 11:03 p.m.

Turbo. I see a turbo.

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
1/23/17 6:15 a.m.

In reply to trevesk: what does BETA mean,I have built a 427cobra kit,I guess the Co. (FF) is Alpha

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
1/23/17 6:23 a.m.

I only see one picture. It is a good one though. Sounds like an awesome project.

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/23/17 6:55 a.m.

ok.. I figured out why the others are not showing... will work on getting the others corrected....yes x2 turbos!

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/23/17 7:20 a.m.

In reply to trevesk:

I see you're linking pictures from the Factory Five forums. Typically that doesn't work.

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/23/17 3:16 p.m.

Yep exactly what I was doing.... I will have to put all that crap on photobucket then repost.... couldn't be easy

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/23/17 7:44 p.m.

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/23/17 7:45 p.m.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
1/23/17 8:47 p.m.

What kind of aircraft did that shifter grip come out of?

trevesk
trevesk New Reader
1/24/17 7:36 p.m.

it came from an early LRIP UH60M Blackhawk

Pattyo
Pattyo New Reader
1/24/17 8:23 p.m.

If you don't hook up at least two of the buttons to honk the horn or produce a smokescreen or something, I will be very sad.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2oEjE5bmiec7HXEEWU7WPNCXAB49eBEE7DQLDNaBpO4hkFyDcEqYjauYQ5GedU9i