1 2
ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
2/16/18 1:17 p.m.
crankwalk said

As I do with all new engines and clutches with zero miles on them, I do a quick burnout in the Bass Pro Shop parking lot after hours to uh...properly seat the rings.

Well, you did say you moved to Alaska from Georgia...

Looking good, sounding good! It does suck about the cam. It would make me worry if there were other wrong specs since it was the wrong cam. How's it driving?

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/16/18 2:33 p.m.
ultraclyde said:
crankwalk said

As I do with all new engines and clutches with zero miles on them, I do a quick burnout in the Bass Pro Shop parking lot after hours to uh...properly seat the rings.

Well, you did say you moved to Alaska from Georgia...

Looking good, sounding good! It does suck about the cam. It would make me worry if there were other wrong specs since it was the wrong cam. How's it driving?

It drives excellent. Timing is spot on, pulls hard at all RPM. I was originally concerned that the whole specs may not have been right but everything is great except for that lobe. It *feels* like it supposed to by hand and visually looks right but just isn't big enough to hit the arm on the fuel pump.  So bizarre as it would take MORE work to just machine it down not to work on regrinds. My only guess is not a ton of people are doing this motor anymore and maybe nobody has said anything because they already run an electric fuel pump or just quietly switched to one and moved on.

I need to check a couple oil drips I noticed this morning. I think most of it is coming from the mechanical fuel pump that we had on and off 12 times and with the block off plate should fix it. The other spot is the 4 mounting bolt for the oil cooler housing which is like swivel and extension hell even when just sitting on the floor. Normal new engine teething pains though. 

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/14/18 4:27 p.m.

New alternator, fuel pump (old cheapo used unit couldn’t flow enough) and the block off plate on. Everything is running great but I discovered my oil leak is likely my oil squirter threading a tad too much and pressing against the inside on my front timing cover thus making the big leak. I’m just going to deal with the mess until fall because I’m tired of spending money on her for a bit. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
11/29/18 11:52 a.m.

How is the cruiser running

I have been wanting a fJ 60 for about 10 years, but never pulled the trigger. Found one local, a guy who hasn't seen what current crazy prices are, and I am going to look at it saturday. Wish me luck!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XKPZa3BbI5VGVBQ2u5GdI6VV2rSnhAv1vttUJ3wWftKrpQ9Xg336qYprYqSuZpJZ