1 2 3 4
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/16 10:54 a.m.

You may want to talk to RadCapz.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/9/16 4:54 p.m.

I had the good fortune to see this car in person at York in 2014. At the Rod Nats, I was with Andrew.

Definitely an interesting car and a pair of proud owners

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel HalfDork
4/20/16 4:10 p.m.

Any updates?

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
4/25/16 7:38 a.m.

Well, not much happening at the moment on the T5. We pulled the engine about a month ago for a quick rebuild, and while I was under the car I found a lot more structural rust than I had initially thought. Looks like the T5 will be getting the summer off.. LOL I have some other projects in front of her, (Motorcycle and Bathroom) but once those are done we will get back to it. For now, here are some pictures.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/25/16 8:57 a.m.

Any pictures of the rusty areas?

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
7/29/16 1:06 p.m.
Woody wrote: Any pictures of the rusty areas?

I didn't take any while I was under her. I may get some time in the shop this weekend. I will grab some pics if I think of it. Its nothing horrible, just work. :-)

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
11/8/16 10:48 a.m.

Well, its been too long since I spent a little quality time with my lady, so Sunday the youngest and I headed to the garage and started cutting out the old rusted floors... Not a lot of progress, but it was progress. As always, the more you do the more you find. I hoped the seat supports would be good, but nope... Oh well

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
11/14/16 10:18 a.m.

Got the old floor cut out enough to test the first replacement pan so I could see how it fits. Lots more work to do!

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
2/14/17 11:25 a.m.

Well its been a while...

I spent a little time in the shop Sunday and worked on the T5 a bit. Started cleaning up the inner rocker to attach the new floor pan, then laid everything back in to see how it was coming along. Slow but steady. I need to get some gas for my mig so I can start leaning to weld again. :-)

Jroc
Jroc New Reader
2/14/17 12:39 p.m.

Good to see the rockers in good enough shape so you have something to weld to.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
2/20/17 11:51 a.m.

No work on the car itself this weekend, But I did started on a little side project.. The T5 fender badges for our car are long gone. Because I cant justify the cost of OE replacements on a driver/beater quality car we are going to try our had at reproducing a "close approximation" of the badge. Something that looks "right" at 10 feet and identifies the car as a T5. Here is what Ive got so far.

NOS OE Badge ($2500 a set)

Good Restore-able OE Badge ($1500 a set)

My 2D Concept Drawing

My 3D Model

I found a place to 3d print 2 sets for $60 total. Talk about a Grassroots effort.. lol Hope to get a couple sets printed soon to play around with adding chrome/color.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
6/28/19 9:22 a.m.

So just as a followup, I stumbled upon the T5 today while searching for Mustangs for Aaron (Ratghia)  She turned out nice!

https://inventory.berlinmotorslogistics.com/vehicles/66107/1966-ford-mustang-t5

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6Ejh5qr3u82U0ylroVHt0999fT2iJfI0yhbt7lmzi4aSFbMYmnvpEb2H7SW5r2W6