1 2 3 4
Autolex
Autolex Dork
10/18/12 9:59 a.m.

the page for the camry is missing the whole entry with the wheels, tires, struts, brake pads and sway bar.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/18/12 3:45 p.m.

At least we'll get info on how to build up a Camry V6, since Per went and "blowed that one up reel gud"

Autolex
Autolex Dork
10/19/12 3:03 p.m.

he blew it up!? already!?

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
10/19/12 3:16 p.m.

But Toyota reliability

turboswede
10/19/12 4:50 p.m.

I suspect that they didn't desludge it in time before the damage was done to the bottom end.

Something to keep in mind when picking up your own Toyota V6 project. Desludge and check/replace the bearings.

ganseg
ganseg New Reader
10/19/12 7:59 p.m.
turboswede wrote: I suspect that they didn't desludge it in time before the damage was done to the bottom end. Something to keep in mind when picking up your own Toyota V6 project. Desludge and check/replace the bearings.

How do you recommend desludging? I have two friends with these sludge monsters and we have done two engine cleanings each following the instructions on the bottle.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
10/19/12 8:06 p.m.

Unless i'm missing something, he didn't blow it up. It blew up on a test drive and the motor was replaced before they bought it.

Unless it blew up again?

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
10/19/12 8:29 p.m.

I believe there was a facebook post which said he blew it up again :(

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
10/19/12 8:44 p.m.

This is pretty sweet! Makes my gold, automatic Maxima feel right at home on here!

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
10/19/12 9:22 p.m.
MA$$hole wrote: But Toyota reliability

We had a rough spell a couple of years ago and my in laws gave my wife a Corolla S that they bought new. Had under 100k on it. Two days later the engine blew while she was driving down the interstate. Left her broke down on the side of the road 8 months pregnant in 100* heat.

^ ^ This is what I was thinking the whole time.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
10/24/12 9:12 a.m.

Springs, struts, brakes, and wheels. Just some mild upgrades and this car is transformed.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/1999-toyota-camry/make-our-camry-turn/

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/5/12 11:53 a.m.

It's bbbaaaaaaaaacccckkkk!!!!

http://youtu.be/XNWbZ53_CZo

http://youtu.be/lHXcxgHK-g4

I have no words.

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
11/5/12 12:31 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

Have no words for what? I'm not pulling up youtube here at my, uh, vacation home.

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/5/12 12:40 p.m.
pres589 wrote: In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: Have no words for what? I'm not pulling up youtube here at my, uh, vacation home.

I think i've linked videos of this particular camry in the past... more recently laying down 700whp+ on the dyno.

This video shows him improving on that. Substantially.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
11/5/12 12:41 p.m.

In reply to pres589:

Published on Oct 24, 2012 by Dynamotorsports
September 2012
DMT's Toyota Camry V6 Turbo
CCHT 3MZ/1MZ-FE 3.3L V6
Custom 274 Cams
HKS T51R SPL 1.00 A/R
Custom Sidewinder Manifold
Custom Intake Manifold
Tuned-length exhaust manifold
4" Downpipe
4" Aluminum Exhaust
JDM E153 Transmission w/ LSD
ACT 4-puck Ceramic Sprung DIsc
ACT XT Pressure Plate
Spec Aluminum Flywheel
AEM EMS

Break-in Tune 867 WHP @ 28 PSI (94 oct / meth) est. 1000 flywheel HP

Just more proof people will modify anything.

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/5/12 12:45 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: In reply to pres589: Published on Oct 24, 2012 by Dynamotorsports September 2012 DMT's Toyota Camry V6 Turbo CCHT 3MZ/1MZ-FE 3.3L V6 Custom 274 Cams HKS T51R SPL 1.00 A/R Custom Sidewinder Manifold Custom Intake Manifold Tuned-length exhaust manifold 4" Downpipe 4" Aluminum Exhaust JDM E153 Transmission w/ LSD ACT 4-puck Ceramic Sprung DIsc ACT XT Pressure Plate Spec Aluminum Flywheel AEM EMS Break-in Tune 867 WHP @ 28 PSI (94 oct / meth) est. 1000 flywheel HP Just more proof people will modify anything.

First link gives 934whp.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/5/12 12:54 p.m.

Is that Camry still FWD?

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/5/12 12:59 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Is that Camry still FWD?

Absolutely. It runs a Racelogic traction control setup, though, if that helps?

There's other videos of it out there engaging in somewhat less-than-legal activities and it seems to hook surprisingly well.

turboswede
11/5/12 1:04 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Absolutely. It runs a Racelogic traction control setup, though, if that helps? There's other videos of it out there engaging in somewhat less-than-legal activities and it seems to hook surprisingly well.

Doesn't hurt that it seems laggy as all get out. Looking at the curve it seems to be a lot like the 1000hp Supras. Impressive numbers, but actually driving them on the street is another matter.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
11/6/12 5:00 a.m.

That thing is INSANE! I don't even want to think about the torque steer that he experiences...

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/6/12 6:03 a.m.
turboswede wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Absolutely. It runs a Racelogic traction control setup, though, if that helps? There's other videos of it out there engaging in somewhat less-than-legal activities and it seems to hook surprisingly well.
Doesn't hurt that it seems laggy as all get out. Looking at the curve it seems to be a lot like the 1000hp Supras. Impressive numbers, but actually driving them on the street is another matter.

Hard to judge lag on a dyno sheet, really... It doesn't seem to be all that laggy in the videos of him driving it on the street. It's certainly not OEM-ish instaspool, but due to making a decent amount of power out of boost, i'd say it's not much more laggy than my MX6, and anyone who's ridden in that would never accuse it of being laggy.

This car is also usually twincharged... don't know if that'll be finding its way back on the car.

Either way, it's the guy's daily driver. (He's the tuner at that shop, also has a 1200whp+ Supra, turbo integra, is300, Evo, etc etc etc...) Instaspool FWD daily drivers SUCK. This car was a "ehhhh i'm bored" kinda thing, from what i understand.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
11/6/12 9:50 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:

There's a municipality somewhere missing their air raid siren.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/6/12 10:20 p.m.

Is that Justin (aka Wraith's) Camry? He was putting out some serious numbers years ago when I owned a Camry, but the current numbers are mind-blowing!

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/7/12 11:06 a.m.
dj06482 wrote: Is that Justin (aka Wraith's) Camry? He was putting out some serious numbers years ago when I owned a Camry, but the current numbers are mind-blowing!

Nah, i haven't heard anything out of Justin in a few years, and his was a 3sgte car.

Swegyptian seems to have disappeared as well, along with his car.

This is "Tony The Tiger's" car.

turboswede
11/7/12 6:57 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
dj06482 wrote: Is that Justin (aka Wraith's) Camry? He was putting out some serious numbers years ago when I owned a Camry, but the current numbers are mind-blowing!
Nah, i haven't heard anything out of Justin in a few years, and his was a 3sgte car. Swegyptian seems to have disappeared as well, along with his car. This is "Tony The Tiger's" car.

It's GRRRRReAt!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8IdpCJp7HTuxMNK2HAdJcK53IYfyNpa7raqSPe3Dbk33CoQuwY8ld8sYaAdMWoE3