Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
3/10/14 11:29 a.m.

Spent a couple of days at home last week with a high fever. Blaaaa. Sick of sitting around, watching cartoons, and full of meds, and mind wanders?!....so, I got this real rusty Dodge A120? van a while back for the front straight axle, cool van seats, posi 8 3/4 Chrysler etc. Free in South Carolina, just had to go get it. What a beauty.

I kinda felt bad pulling it home, those puppy dog eyes in my rear-view for a couple of hours, knowing I am going to strip, scrap and junk it.

Scraping

Anyway it got down to the nose of the van and I wacked it off and put it in the new house, shop area that I am building. Wife is not happy, but hey it is my room. Don't know why I saved it at this point, but I did. This area of the house is unfinished. Need to pour a floor, wire it, more lights etc.

We are now caught up to the high fever point last week. Watching a cartoon it hits me - Dodge Shop light. Workmen had left a pair of LED 120v lights I could replace the headlights with.

Trimming to fit the buckets.

LED wiring. Blue is Neutral and to White, and Brown is Hot and to Black.

Made a brace for the wall and the nose pivots on the front leaf spring hangers. Harbor freight winch goes to the top of the Dodge nose to crank the top angle in or out.

There is a steel beam in the rafters the eyebolt and pulley mount to. Also added a light to the floor for backlight. Good enough.

Blue and green spray paint and hung.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
3/10/14 11:53 a.m.

That's pretty awesome! I'd love to do that with the front end of a really rusty Greenbriar van.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
3/10/14 12:27 p.m.

I love this. I still have the front end from my '72 SAAB 95 (my avatar) that I plan to use in a similar manner when we finish the basement.

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
3/10/14 12:45 p.m.

awesome.... I have the front clip from a dodge daytona I intend to use as an awning on my shop door..

Love this!

Pat
Pat HalfDork
3/10/14 12:54 p.m.

That is sweet!

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
3/10/14 12:58 p.m.

That is fantastic! Nicely done.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Reader
3/11/14 4:49 p.m.

Awesome.

I'd like to do something like that with an old pickup truck front end on the outside of garage (as a "landscape" light)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ydCCfIxRz3cQ7is87NvBK9C4ZQ1FlE0Zptmtfbz0kZdwcwUJJMsqBQu4DqbdkWMD