1 2 3 ... 5
Raze
Raze UltraDork
7/15/15 8:06 p.m.

Saw it, drove it, which is about all it does, total basket case, pictures are flattering to say the least.

I'm bringing it home on Saturday. I figure after the Merkur and Fiat how much worse could things get?

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5035617249.html

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
7/15/15 8:29 p.m.

Atlanta!

pres589
pres589 UberDork
7/15/15 8:32 p.m.

"I figure after the Merkur and Fiat how much worse could things get?"

That's the spirit!

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
7/15/15 8:48 p.m.

Atlanta! Lol, at least it will look good enough if it sucks completely

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/15 9:37 p.m.

Uh....congratulations?

Jambo
Jambo New Reader
7/16/15 4:24 a.m.

Awesome. If you have to change the optispark anyways, find out whether you can swap the whole shebang (cam, drive pin, water pump) for one of the later, vented units.

You may find a decent opti in a b-body since most of them had the lt1 from 94-96, albeit with a 'torque' not HP cam.

Good on you for picking up a C4. People treat them like red-headed step children, but the lt1 vettes had more power than anything since the smog era.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
7/16/15 10:24 a.m.

Still thinking a worn out C4 gives a AMAZING starting point for a sweet build.

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
7/16/15 10:31 a.m.

Man that thing rules. I've always wanted to pick up a cheap black on black C4 and go around feeling like a mid-1990s suburbanite drug dealer.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
7/16/15 10:52 a.m.

I want a 89-90 c4. Better interior. Make mine white with red interior.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
7/16/15 5:52 p.m.

great buy

Jambo
Jambo New Reader
7/16/15 5:59 p.m.

Actually, nix that idea about swapping optispark to a later year. I think you can just get an msd cap and rotor that has a hookup for venting.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/16/15 7:56 p.m.

Looks well bought to me!

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/16/15 8:11 p.m.

Looks great! But I don't know anything.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/16/15 10:05 p.m.

Nice score!

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/16/15 10:45 p.m.

I'm liking c4s more and more

problemaddict
problemaddict HalfDork
7/17/15 11:31 a.m.

Mine was a maintenance nightmare.Something broke on it every 6 - 8 weeks. Was fun when it was running. 13.4@97 in the quarter, great to autocross, not as much fun on the streets because you had to be going so fast to get anywhere near it's handling limits (compared to my Miata and turbo dodges).

The performance potential per dollar is pretty astounding. A power-adder, adj shocks, and sticky tires and you can run with most of the exotics!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/17/15 4:26 p.m.

Anytime someone says, "Hold my beer watch this".

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
7/17/15 4:27 p.m.

This just occurred to me: are targa tops like mullets for convertibles?

Raze
Raze UltraDork
7/17/15 5:15 p.m.
ssswitch wrote: This just occurred to me: are targa tops like mullets for convertibles?

Business up front...party in the back

Raze
Raze UltraDork
7/18/15 5:53 p.m.

Home...haven't started cleaning it out but I did find a wad of receipts...and the car has current registration and emissions...besides cosmetic and some electrical issues...I'm actually less afraid of this thing now that I've taken a peek. Stay tuned for cleaning and deconstruction...

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
7/19/15 8:05 p.m.

That look's a lot Better than the one I bought down on the Griffin side of Atl. I Paid A Grand and drove it home so not going to Complain. I plan on doing the challenge first then making it a mountain car, Going for the Old Can-Am look, But kinda with an Interior. have fun.

Raze
Raze UltraDork
7/22/15 10:22 p.m.

Finally had an hour to start the analysis of the car, here's the long and short of it:

BAD

1) cracked windshield

2) drivers door sags

3) weather stripping and window seals gone

4) top surround is cracked at rear driver side bolt

5) clam shell has a pretty rough fiberglass repair

6) computer and a bunch of relays are just hanging out

7) hood release cable snapped

8) body work and paint by a blind 6 year old

9) DexCool

10) tires are all trash, couple nails, and mounted backwards

After I wet sanded 2000 grit all the overspray and buffed it out, found sanding marks from 400 grit...not salvageable

GOOD

1) suspension is straight, bushings are in good shape

2) rear hatch works

3) hood strut works

4) lights work

5) tach works

6) oil smells and looks perfect

7) runs nice, good oil pressure, temps are stable

8) Trans fluid is clean and doesn't smell burned

9) brakes look serviceable for now

10) the interior is in really good shape and none of the buttons or switches are broken or missing

I will be pulling codes soon to see what else the car can tell me...

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
7/23/15 11:27 a.m.

In reply to Raze:

we got very similar Damage so it MUST be O K. Don't Know where you are located but there are 3 people in Cobb County that advertize C4 parts.

Raze
Raze UltraDork
7/23/15 12:33 p.m.
GTXVette wrote: In reply to Raze: we got very similar Damage so it MUST be O K. Don't Know where you are located but there are 3 people in Cobb County that advertize C4 parts.

Dunwoody, and yeah I've seen a few on the list, at this point I'm not even sure what I need, though I can tell there must be a missing bracket for the relays and computer, that seems to be priority #1 so stuff isn't rattling around

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/15 2:51 p.m.

So, it's an LT-1 Corvette that needs some minor (depending on what your goal might be) bodywork and other trim repairs for challenge money.

Well, that's pretty friggin good.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OxbfJcbGmetR3p2DrYICfh8azPiAMrwCLc6KkUKsotKbsUFeBD2zbXATLyBjGM3R