1 2 3 4 5
patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/28/11 8:03 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: To tint the back window remove the whole rear deck , pop speaker covers and the pull carpet , upgrade speakers while in there

?

confused. all glass (except windshield of course) is tinted since this came from down south and all the southern guys tint their stuff i assume. and it looks to have good speakers too, the guy i got it from took out the amp and box(extra weight) and head unit(probably obsolete anyway) and left all the speakers.

i also fixed my blazer floor shifter that i plan to use, and found the 4th gen camaro shift cable fits it perfect, and is a good 4 feet shorter than the blazer cable that i left at the junkyard when i bought my shifter and console.

new starter hopefully will arrive to install next weekend. i did find out the alarm system still functions and it has remote start. not a feature i ever intend to use, but i've never had that before. all that means to me is some hack got into the wires under the dash. the 4th gen camaro cluster swap intrigues me and i gather that is something i should do to get a tach and real gauges.

i have also procured extended rear trailing arms and an aluminum driveshaft that i will probably install over winter, because if i get this thing to fire with the new starter, it'll be a mad dash to get everything buttoned up and get some road time before the snow flies and i have to put it back in the garage.

patgizz
9/9/11 8:50 p.m.

it's aliiiiiivvvvvvveeeeeeeee

evil laugh

more soon, hopefully with video

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/9/11 8:59 p.m.

Excellent!!!!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
9/10/11 6:08 a.m.

I like it. It is cool.

MrBenjamonkey
MrBenjamonkey HalfDork
9/10/11 7:05 a.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Yes, yes it will. AND it's almost a full 200 lbs lighter than the 4.6 SOHC and 300 lighter than the DOHC.

How did that crappy, huge, slow, not that efficient and massively heavy mod motor ever make it out of the planning stages? Really Ford, why?

Awesome project, way cool!

patgizz
9/17/11 9:34 p.m.

http://youtu.be/lX6DMJ7PBmw

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
9/18/11 9:24 p.m.

great sound.

is it just the camera angle, or was there a LOT of body motion?

patgizz
9/19/11 8:38 p.m.

it was on jack hovering above the stands so all those torques(that my old 4.6 vic did not have) were angrily trying to escape.

patgizz
9/20/11 5:26 p.m.

just bought a 94 LT1 wagon that has some parts that are nicer than the SS. so the SS gets the best and the wagon gets the castoffs, and i have an LT1 and LSx b body pair now. hooray for wagons. hope i did not sell my extra ss grill.

patgizz
10/11/11 9:13 p.m.

car is on the road, and it is FUN!

hit a local cruise night, popped the hood, and had instant crowd.

hopefully some action video soon.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
10/11/11 11:00 p.m.
patgizz wrote: car is on the road, and it is FUN! hit a local cruise night, popped the hood, and had instant crowd. hopefully some action video soon.

we demand pictures, one which includes a killer smokey burnout, a video, quarter mile times and autocross pics/results ASAP.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
10/13/11 7:03 p.m.

What are you doing with the spare wheels?

patgizz
10/13/11 9:35 p.m.
Hoop wrote: What are you doing with the spare wheels?

sold them already to make car $200 cheaper.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m619/patguzowski/?action=view&current=1d5d0ef6.mp4

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/14/11 7:59 a.m.
patgizz wrote: car is on the road, and it is FUN! hit a local cruise night, popped the hood, and had instant crowd. hopefully some action video soon.

Nice!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/14/11 8:31 a.m.

sounds good P...is there a good way to get the dash to talk to the engine? Noticed you were tat 0 mph the whole time.

If the GRM LSR meet ever happens, this car has to make it down to wilmington!

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
10/14/11 9:31 a.m.

shift kit!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/14/11 10:02 a.m.
belteshazzar wrote: shift kit!

proper gearbox if Im not mistaken...

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
10/14/11 10:20 a.m.

Cool swap. I love those Impalas. How my dad could have bought a 94 Buick Century instead is beyond me.

I have an a 4th gen F-Body cluster kicking from my donor LS1 car around if you are interested.

patgizz
10/14/11 1:08 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: sounds good P...is there a good way to get the dash to talk to the engine? Noticed you were tat 0 mph the whole time. If the GRM LSR meet ever happens, this car has to make it down to wilmington!

it does, i haven't hooked up speedo wire yet. my harness has 2 greens, one for speedo and one for temp gauge. not labeled of course. for fear of frying something i didn't hook them up until i hear nothing will get hurt or someone tells me how to test them with a multimeter.

i picked up a 4th gen analog cluster at pull a part a few weeks ago.

my buddy has hptuners so when i scrounge up $100 for another tuning credit we can change shift tables and stuff.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/17/12 3:35 p.m.

springtime updating. car is out of hibernation and i have been playing with it for a few days. things done:

passenger window rollers replaced, glass no longer falls down in door

painted air intake tube - be jealous of my awesome black crinkle type paint.

made pcm and relay center cover and did same paint job on it.

installed hayden adjustable fan controller.

made speedo work!

misc cleanup under hood, installed washer tank, tucked some wires.

next up - paint the front end/rear spoiler and take out some minor door dings, install front air dam, go to track when it opens next month.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
3/17/12 4:33 p.m.

Freaking. Awesome. Love the car.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/17/12 7:27 p.m.

I'm really impressed, man. Now you'll have all that experience ready for when I put a 7.0L LS7 in mine.

Which will be right after I win the lottery.

corytate
corytate Dork
3/18/12 3:01 p.m.

One of my favorite cars ever. My wife makes fun of me for it, but I've been in love with them forever.
Stock outside + LS + T56=

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
3/18/12 10:19 p.m.

Looks fantastic! Great job. I was SERIOUSLY thinking of doing an LS swap on my P71 instead of the 5.4 swap I did. Really, like on the fence, about to go either way. Did some google searches to see if anyone had done it too. LOL Don't think I found anything and had a fellow GRMer talk me through the 5.4 swap.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/19/12 4:39 a.m.

Canoe

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pr2lbTfVgeLTw27FDYrgPaycNLcSnfnRp45rxmKQRe8FUV4N2TQolEiYYICF9pkr