newdelsolowner
newdelsolowner None
3/10/14 10:00 a.m.

HELPPP plss>_< I recently bought a 1995 Honda del sol si(d16z6) for $4000 it has a dc sports exhaust and oem everything else (according from the seller)

everytime i cold start it something squeeks from the engine bay and it sounds like a belt screeching on to something and when im just cruising around I hear a rattling sound coming from the driver side door which is in my opinion the window is loose?

I also did some general checks i noticed that the suspension system looks pretty old. I dont wanna go to a car store or dealership because they're just going to make me pay more and sometimes they lie to you to comeback for more repair and stuff. I know i could trust people in here to helpmeim just asking what parts/brands should i get for suspensions, brake calipers and rotors, engine parts, etc. im thinking of replacing the whole exhaust system for the car since the exhaust manifold looks worn out and rusty I saw a$80 stainless steel exhaust manifold with high flow cat on ebay is that a good buy?

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
3/10/14 10:07 a.m.

squeaks … you might try having someone start the car while you're head down in the engine bay and try to isolate the origin of the noise …

the rattle in the door … yeah … more than likely a loose window regulator … fix it before it comes completely loose and the window won't go up/down

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
3/10/14 10:13 a.m.

The squeak on startup is a worn belt. Exhaust parts normally look rusty if they're not stainless or painted, unless there's a hole in the exhaust or you have extra money lying around and feel like making it look nicer, I'd say you should leave it.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/10/14 10:17 a.m.

I agree with wbjones.

As for the suspension; Is it working? Just looking to change it out? Are you looking for stock ride height? OEM? Lowering? Performance?

All manifolds get very rusty. Unless there is a problem, I don't see why you would want to replace it unless you are trying to improve the performance or sound. $80 doesn't sound bad.

As for brands, I am happy with ebay cheap brands. Some wouldn't suggest that. To each their own.

newdelsolowner
newdelsolowner New Reader
3/10/14 10:25 a.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

lowering and performance. money is not a problem but would be nice to know which brands sells a good price

Bonespec
Bonespec New Reader
3/10/14 12:52 p.m.

The door rattle can be a loose window OR the door catch is rusting and coming apart from the body. This is a del Sol issue when people don't keep the drains lines clear.

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
B3sxhwASXR6JfAVDPTfgV185Qdu9aWNy