1 2 3 4 ... 8
Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
8/2/08 2:15 a.m.

It's unfortunate that the Challenge is a few weeks before my 21st birthday... Well, being underage hasn't stopped me yet!

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
8/3/08 5:59 a.m.

I am a big fan of the Husband-Wife / Family builds. Keep up the great work guys.

minimac
minimac Dork
8/3/08 9:26 a.m.

How come I only see the Mrs. working?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/3/08 9:33 a.m.
minimac wrote: How come I only see the Mrs. working?

Crap-someone has figured out my evil plan!

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Reader
8/3/08 4:06 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote:

The main issue is...has she figured out your evil plan.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/3/08 4:25 p.m.
wlkelley3 wrote:
MrJoshua wrote:
The main issue is...has she figured out your evil plan.

She won't...

As long as my motorcycle fund is...supplemented...

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/3/08 7:14 p.m.

Just wait 'til another Miata shows up and see how content she is with stripping.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/3/08 10:08 p.m.

Im Hoping she only wants to strip for me.

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
8/3/08 11:48 p.m.

This is going to make some fun banter at the Challenge. "So Mrs. Miata, Josh says you have a penchant for stripping out in the driveway..."

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/4/08 12:50 a.m.
MitchellC wrote: This is going to make some fun banter at the Challenge. "So Mrs. Miata, Josh says you have a penchant for stripping out in the driveway..."

Would explain why the neighbors quit complaining about the abundance of car projects.

Sunday August 3rd, 5:15-6:15 6:45-10:30
Continuing the "Stripper" theme, we spent another evening removing parts.

Removing broken/rusted bolts (see I occasionally do something myself)

She wanted to use the grinder too!

Topless! (couldnt help myself )

Took a break for dinner. Nothing like a big hunk of meat with some potatoes to help a challenger find loopholes to exploit in the rules.

Apparently none of this is entertaining to dogs.

After dinner we worked a bunch and took very few pictures. We gutted the doors, removed the pseudo vent windows, stripped the guts of the dash (and debated half-dashing it), removed the rear shocks, unbolted the front shocks, vacuumed the floorboards, and worked on other odds and ends. Here it sits tucked in for the night.

The Pile-O-Miata was moved and continues to grow.

Fairly productive day, but tedious. It will be more fun for both of us when we start putting things back on.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/4/08 5:21 a.m.

"Quick Honey, take a picture of ME holding the grinder. The guys are starting to equate me with that child labor clown".

At least Guido feeds his minions. That dinner table shot seems to have only 1 plate of food.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/4/08 6:30 a.m.
SVreX wrote: "Quick Honey, take a picture of ME holding the grinder. The guys are starting to equate me with that child labor clown". At least Guido feeds his minions. That dinner table shot seems to have only 1 plate of food.

Hey! Thats the serving plate! But I guess it is full of food She cooked. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm............................................................Did I mention shes wonderful?

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
8/4/08 8:01 a.m.

Good times, this thread keeps me laughing. I'm trying like crazy to get my wife to roll down with me. I've been telling her that other wives will be there. I think she'll be transformed after a ride in the car with a real driver. I think her go kart roots will well back up to the surface.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/4/08 6:06 p.m.

There will definitely be a few wives there. Good point about the ride along! I guess we will have to make sure to leave the ability to bolt in another seat to give Jenna a chance to experience an autocross with a national caliber driver. Shes a roller coaster junkie so I bet she laughs her head off the whole way through.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/4/08 6:08 p.m.
wheels777 wrote: I am a big fan of the Husband-Wife / Family builds. Keep up the great work guys.

Thanks, You are the family that came to mind when I said we weren't the first such build. Maybe when we have kids we can involve them and our car will run 10's as well.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/4/08 6:20 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
wheels777 wrote: I am a big fan of the Husband-Wife / Family builds. Keep up the great work guys.
Thanks, You are the family that came to mind when I said we weren't the first such build. Maybe when we have kids we can involve them and our car will run 10's as well.

Night before an autox the crx's master cylinder took a big dump. At 11pm I get back to the house with the part. My wife is there holding the drop light. ... She can be awesome when she wants to be.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/4/08 11:06 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Maybe when we have kids we can involve them and our car will run 10's as well.

Or maybe you'll be EVEN MORE like Guido!

car39
car39 Reader
8/5/08 7:47 a.m.

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it. My wife started going to track days with me, and now I have to upgrade hotels to a major chain from the cheap-o inn, dinner involves chairs AND a table, no more bar stools, and we have to visit every tourist trap within two hours drive of the event.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
8/5/08 7:51 a.m.
car39 wrote: Be careful what you ask for, you might get it. My wife started going to track days with me, and now I have to upgrade hotels to a major chain from the cheap-o inn, dinner involves chairs AND a table, no more bar stools, and we have to visit every tourist trap within two hours drive of the event.

Sounds like she's enriching your life experience!

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette New Reader
8/5/08 9:29 a.m.

We dragged out our last year entries to freshen up . We are thinking of running a rx 7 or a camaro we got from the sheriff , we are tryin to get running . Just made reservations at the motel . Got to drag out tow dolly and check over . School bus is ready . This event sure is negative economuy friendly fun for the price !! www.fastpitstops.com

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/6/08 10:41 p.m.

Wednesday August 6, 2008 7:30-10:15pm

Due to the fact that I am a man severely lacking in common sense, with 55 days left I decided it would be a good idea to remove More parts from the challenger.

Freeing the beast!

Durty gurl!

Out with the Weak!

Soooooooo, what will replace the feeble heart of this yellow bellied mutt? The goal is to more than double the horsepower and raise the handling to national caliber autocross levels. Too ambitious? I hope not!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/7/08 1:33 p.m.

Of course it's not too ambitious. Neither is a Ro-Spit.

Is part of the goal also for it to be RUNNING in time for the Challenge?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/7/08 9:45 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Of course it's not too ambitious. Neither is a Ro-Spit. Is part of the goal also for it to be RUNNING in time for the Challenge?

Running, Driving, Contending!

Did I mention that one of the main areas the Wife and I differ is I enjoy having bunches of projects, while she enjoys Finishing projects? This one will be running and driving, and hopefully with much gusto, at the challenge.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/7/08 10:10 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Of course it's not too ambitious. Neither is a Ro-Spit. Is part of the goal also for it to be RUNNING in time for the Challenge?

Oooooh snap!

No N* for you!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/7/08 10:28 p.m.

Thursday August 7, 5-5:30pm 6:15-10pm

The buy in price just keeps getting lower! Im going to say the value of that Miata is $395.83 Bob! (yes that dark shriveled looking one on the right is a dime)

I continue to do my best to scare the neighbors! (BTW, thanks Charlie-Tyvex Rox!)

Making room for the LSD. Yeah, its gonna be a viscous LSD, but the price and availability on short notice is right!

Completed the first steps of the famous Keith Tanner Half Dash.

It always bugged me that Mazda left that cross brace under the dash bare metal. Since I finally had one out, it was going to be painted. It will be fun when we can get more than a couple of hours of work in before dark, Jenna did a pretty good job painting by flashlight. (and the camera does a surprisingly good job taking a picture when you just aim it at blackness )

Another pretty productive night. We hope to get at least 3 short weekdays in with a long weekend day to top it off. Things are progressing slowly and smoothly, and I did learn something today:
Jenna>Miata Key (I think maybe i need to ask her to back off of her workouts )

1 2 3 4 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lzlaGO0PMWJXGtE7dnn6TiJlO3cKRxF5UcCQlcupuEh6Ha6FFtnJHroe6NxRxcZD