1 2 3
DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/17/17 6:34 a.m.

Sweet!  I know a guy that can powdercoat those wheels.....

 

JustJim, I believe the York is highly prized for on-board air because the oil is in a sump, not carried in the refrigerant. Perfect for OBA.

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/17/17 9:15 a.m.

don't know if you have heard of Jeep Fest here in Jasper Ga.  I have to say that for 1 week there were at least 10,000 Jeeps  OR MORE here,   Kinda Awesome,   Early September I believe it was.  Really so many Jeeps we don't go up there.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
10/17/17 9:48 a.m.

Brings back memories of my sister's CJ-5.  Had some good times in that baby.  

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/17/17 7:32 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

I've never understood how you handle lubrication with an A.C. compressor for tire filling.  What's the solution?

Dr Boost hit the nail on the head.  The oil supply is self contained.  I have not personally build a system yet, Ive just eyeballed them for years.  Here is a little info

 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/17/17 7:34 p.m.
DrBoost said:

Sweet!  I know a guy that can powdercoat those wheels.....

 

I know a guy that can let them sit in his garage for months and them give them back, unpowdercoated, with a lame excuse about how he couldnt complete the job.cheeky 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/17/17 7:35 p.m.
GTXVette said:

don't know if you have heard of Jeep Fest here in Jasper Ga.  I have to say that for 1 week there were at least 10,000 Jeeps  OR MORE here,   Kinda Awesome,   Early September I believe it was.  Really so many Jeeps we don't go up there.

Ive hit the All-Breeds show in York PA but never made it down to GA for Jeep related activities.  Sounds like it might be worth checking out.

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/18/17 4:04 p.m.

The previous owner gave it one of the worst Jeep names Ive heard.

 

 

"Legal Docs" sounds like a courtroom medical drama on Lifetime

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/22/17 9:19 p.m.

The weekend's progress was limited​ to putting a layer of resin over the damage. 

 

 

 

 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/22/17 10:11 p.m.
logdog said:
DrBoost said:

Sweet!  I know a guy that can powdercoat those wheels.....

 

I know a guy that can let them sit in his garage for months and them give them back, unpowdercoated, with a lame excuse about how he couldnt complete the job.cheeky 

Jerk face!

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/27/17 9:08 p.m.

Only had a little garage time tonight.  I picked up a new sander and used it to clean up my resin work.  Im pretty happy with how it turned out.  I had a couple places to touch up.  Depending on how it cures tonight I may wrap up the sanding tomorrow.  I really want to get the bedliner down before Thanksgiving but I am spending most of the next 3 weeks traveling more than usual for work (In N Out, here I come!)

 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/27/17 9:10 p.m.

I removed one of the rear marker lights.  Previous Owner didn't put them in quite the right location, they are a little high on the fender.  I know legally they are required but I am thinking of deleting them.  As you can see by the grossness behind, the comet bath I gave it when it came home was needed!

 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/27/17 9:13 p.m.

The  mid 70s distributors are known for cracking and leaking due to the plastic vacuum advance.  This one has electrical tape on it holding it together.  It will be getting the later model Ford distributor from the CJ7 frame when I start to address the engine.  

 

 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/27/17 9:16 p.m.

Isn't this the cutest thing you ever saw!

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/5/17 4:28 p.m.

Not a lot of time this weekend to work on the CJ5.  I was able to rough up the surface of the tub and clean it all up.  I then got it taped off in anticipation of rolling on bedliner next weekend. 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/12/17 8:20 p.m.

Thanks to our cold snap I decided to delay the bedliner application.  It was dropping into the 20s.  Im not sure what would happen, but I don't want to do it twice.

 

ClemCougarSparks
ClemCougarSparks PowerDork
11/12/17 10:12 p.m.
logdog said:

The previous owner gave it one of the worst Jeep names Ive heard.

 

 

"Legal Docs" sounds like a courtroom medical drama on Lifetime

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/21/17 10:10 p.m.

Looking for the best option of bed liner was an interesting journey.  Pick a brand, any brand, and there are tjreads about how its the best, and threads about how it is The Suck.  I went with Rustoleum due to local availability and I figured a 2 part epoxy mix would be better​.  We will see how it holds up.

 

 

First coat

 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/21/17 10:17 p.m.

Many coats later

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
11/22/17 6:54 a.m.

Looks good man.

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/2/17 6:57 p.m.

Today we took some time stripping the parts off the CJ7 chassis.  I bought it mostly for the power steering brackets so everything else was gravy.  Kept the distributor, alternator, weber  carb, starter and a few other things.

I was on the fence about keeping the trans and Dana 20 case but my wife talked me into it.  They now live in the shed next to the T19 and the Chumpcar (excuse me Champcar) trans that needs 3rd gear work. 

 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/2/17 7:00 p.m.

 

The Powered Wheelbarrow made dragging the CJ7 carcass around the house and up the driveway easy.  

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/2/17 7:06 p.m.

If that CJ7 chassis tickles your fancy, you can buy it here.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
12/2/17 9:44 p.m.
logdog said:

I removed one of the rear marker lights.  Previous Owner didn't put them in quite the right location, they are a little high on the fender.  I know legally they are required but I am thinking of deleting them.  As you can see by the grossness behind, the comet bath I gave it when it came home was needed!

 

Wow, that's some difference. Good work!

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
12/2/17 9:46 p.m.
logdog said:

Isn't this the cutest thing you ever saw!

Is that the brake master cylinder?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
12/3/17 5:29 a.m.
logdog said:

Isn't this the cutest thing you ever saw!

I think my Samurai carb could’ve beat that up in a fight.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
eNaDSAaB3DtqEo2uPjp8UdqtPIg8Tdqg