1 2 3
logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/3/17 7:31 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

Close, its a form of automotive glucose that is metabolized by the Jeep.

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/3/17 7:34 a.m.
ebonyandivory said:
logdog said:

Isn't this the cutest thing you ever saw!

I think my Samurai carb could’ve beat that up in a fight.

Everybody knows a 2 on 1 barrel

fight isn't fair!

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/3/17 9:52 p.m.

After a scuff and solvent wipe down, the stock bar from the CJ7 chassis was painted with Rustoleum Matte Black.  Fun fact, that color is a virtual match for the bumpers on work truck package Rams.

Mrs Logdog paints much better than I do.  She sprayed some base/clear to fix a boo-boo I did to her truck this summer and earned herself the job of go to painter for all projects.laugh

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/3/17 9:56 p.m.

After the paint dried we set the bar on the Jeep.  I still need to mount it in new holes.  I filled all the hacked up old holes when I repaired the figerglass.  But I cleared up a chunk of garage floor.

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/4/17 9:13 p.m.

I spent more time than I want to admit pressure washing the new wheels and they look about the same.  A wire brush takes whatever the brown staining type stuff off.  I need to go pick up some aluminum cleaner and soak them down.  I really don't want to scrub these things by hand. Im lazy!

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
12/4/17 9:25 p.m.

I could find someone to powder coat those for you...

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/4/17 9:40 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

Didnt we already cover this? cheeky

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/6/17 6:13 p.m.

I thought I would clear off a little bench space and hang the power steering bracket on the engine.  Unfortunately the holes don't quite line up, as seen in the picture.

I have NEVER had good luck with headers.  It doesnt matter what brand of car or what brand of header.  I ALWAYS have to tweak or modify something to get them to fit.  No matter how much the box lies and says they will bolt up.  The header that came on this 258 is no exception.  The bracket just kisses the cylinder 1 tube.  The choices are stick with the Armstrong steering thats currently on it, dent the tube, or grind a bit off the bracket.  Since the bracket is so meaty I am going to grind a little off of it but that project will go on the back burner for now.  

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/11/17 9:39 p.m.

In my quest to rid the CJ5 of diamond plate, I decided to tackle the filler neck.

Surprisingly it wasn't glued to the body.  Just a few rivets.

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/11/17 9:42 p.m.

The hose didn't actually go to the tank, nor does it fit.  It appears the previous owner was trying to use a rock hard old hose.  

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/11/17 9:48 p.m.

It came with new stock flares, but only one is installed.  

The place the fuel filler was located would prevent the flare from actually mounting to the body.  So even if the diamond plate didn't bug me, I would have needed to move it.  I think I may use a TJ filler bezel and move it back.  Now I need to do some more fiberglass repair.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
SkilteeHmHXYikVCKKLkcEW4ZZFEeyZ2