1 2
GPz11
GPz11 Reader
8/1/17 1:03 p.m.

Can you take a picture of the anti sway bar issue? I'm running a Cossie bar on mine and it clears the bellhousing just fine.

What year is the car, IE wide or narrow trans tunnel? A T5 trans should fit just fine if that's what you have.

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
8/1/17 1:10 p.m.
GPz11 wrote: Can you take a picture of the anti sway bar issue? I'm running a Cossie bar on mine and it clears the bellhousing just fine. What year is the car, IE wide or narrow trans tunnel? A T5 trans should fit just fine if that's what you have.

I have a euro sierra wagon bar currently, which is in the way. In this photo, it's disconnected on one side....

I think it's an 85?

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
8/1/17 1:20 p.m.

Who's motor mounts do you have, Debarry's? Can you slide the motor forward on the mounts? I remember when installing the motor that we tried to have it all the way back on the mounts but ended up having it slide forward a touch.

That might clear up the bar and trans tunnel issues

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
8/1/17 1:43 p.m.
GPz11 wrote: Who's motor mounts do you have, Debarry's? Can you slide the motor forward on the mounts? I remember when installing the motor that we tried to have it all the way back on the mounts but ended up having it slide forward a touch. That might clear up the bar and trans tunnel issues

I have jims mounts. It's almost all the way forward right now.

The car had a 2.3 with a T5 previously. It has a 2 piece driveshaft, not sure if it's custom or off the shelf. I'm hoping that will work with the T5 I have now and the 302... What driveshaft did you use?

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
8/1/17 2:00 p.m.

I have a 1 piece drive driveshaft that I had made but it's the same shaft I had when I ran the 2.3

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
8/1/17 2:02 p.m.

Don't know if you are on Facebook but we do have a V8 XR and SIERRA Swap Group for helping out.

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
9/6/17 9:20 a.m.

Found out the T5 I had, was complete junk. Ordered one online, and it was lost during shipping. It was shipped in a Tremec box, someone probably stole it...

Couldn't find one locally, so drove out of state to pickup a rebuilt unit. 

Motor and trans are in. Driveshaft fits, thank god. Fuel system is wrapped up. Now it needs to be wired, tubular front end needs modded as the aluminum Cobra radiator I bought doesn't fit. Dropping power steering lines off at a shop today, to have Mustang fittings added to lines, for the 95 Cobra PS pump. It's coming together.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/6/17 9:50 a.m.

That sucks about the shipped trans, but Ive heard of that kind of thing happening before. Hopefully the seller works with you to refund anything you had in the transaction. The carrier should be on the hook for the value of the shipment.

I may have missed it, but what did you end up deciding on for ignition?

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
9/6/17 9:53 a.m.
4cylndrfury said:

That sucks about the shipped trans, but Ive heard of that kind of thing happening before. Hopefully the seller works with you to refund anything you had in the transaction. The carrier should be on the hook for the value of the shipment.

I may have missed it, but what did you end up deciding on for ignition?

The seller has a great feedback history, and it's not his problem. The shipper is on the hook, and a claim has been filed. It will probably take me a year to see the money. Not the end of the world.

HEI Distributor. 

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
2/18/18 4:32 p.m.

Roll bar is finished. 

Mr_Merkur
Mr_Merkur New Reader
7/4/18 6:58 p.m.

Apologies for the necroposting.

Do you happen to have Jim DeBerry's contact information? So far I've had no luck tracking him down. Thanks!

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
7/4/18 7:09 p.m.

Did you just post in the V8 swap Facebook page? I tagged him in that.

Mr_Merkur
Mr_Merkur New Reader
7/4/18 7:11 p.m.

Ah! Thanks, I appreciate it. Sorry for the trouble.

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
7/4/18 8:16 p.m.

No worries, it was the best mod done to my car.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IlznfiGiqfuGO9p4QL1cG0dJoMOjCz4OoP9P2wFlFUOUKKNerwKjd4jlrQdPD5By