1 ... 3 4 5
Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
12/8/17 1:35 p.m.
Mr. Lee said:

This thing needs an update. Just sayin!

Nothing exciting. 

I had to put a new battery in a a few weeks ago. The one that was in the truck when I bought it finally died. 

And, I drove it to Sonic this morning after mowing my yard to get a Route 44 frozen limeade.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
12/9/17 3:33 p.m.

Longbeds just are no fun aren't they? Such a large percentage of trucks back then were longbed, yet everyone now wants the shortbed ones. I wonder if in 30 years everybody's going to be cutting up all these 4-door trucks that get made today in order to make fun single-cab models.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
12/9/17 4:12 p.m.

I actually liked my '71 lwb chevy stepside 350 with the schoolbus tranny..... drove it from Texas to Ohio and back.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
4/7/18 5:39 p.m.

It's time to close this thread. As of today the truck went to a new owner. I worked a trade/cash deal. The new owner is a bodyman who will finish the truck as a project with his kids.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
4/8/18 8:29 p.m.

Sadness.

PLEASE start a new thread with your next truck!

(I just finished reading through your '63)

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
4/9/18 7:00 a.m.
SkinnyG said:

Sadness.

PLEASE start a new thread with your next truck!

(I just finished reading through your '63)

I figured my 63 build thread was toast now with Photobucket holding pictures hostage. 

I honestly don't think there will be any future truck build threads. After 25 years of continuously owning and building GM trucks, I'm about over them. It's time to cover some new ground. Besides the current Miata and Honda builds, I'm really itching for a Datsun or early Nissan truck. Maybe even a Hardbody (that should hit close to home with you). Builds are more fun when parts aren't so scarce. 

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Rd3OAq9O2mPSch8Z1vA6AFvfrWiIxkecNfgTOiV7hlUxQ3X4ZpxtiuSsuq08cYyW