JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
10/24/13 10:15 p.m.

Jacobh15 put a lengthy post on his build into aussiemg's. I'm moving it here at aussie's request

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
10/24/13 10:15 p.m.

Jacobh15 said:

Hey every one I'd share what's going on with anyone who's interested. On top of the 95 GT and the 00 Lightning, I got my first car back, my 1986 Notch. The first pic I'll post is what it looked like when I bought it the first time in 02. The pic after that is what it looked like when I sold it in 05 to keep paying for school. I got it back in the spring of 08 and the car sat until last fall when I started the build. When I bought it in 02, it was a bone stock 4 cylinder 4 speed carbed car. Rust free, 132k on the clock, and no options.

The car was painted the factory metallic blue by my grandpa and the car served me well for about two years until I picked up my 91.

I sold the car in 05 and found it in the spring of 08, still local.

The car was pretty much trashed. It's since been gutted and the re-assembly has begun.

The previous owners failed at a half assed 5.0 swap by dropping this bone stock bad boy in the car with a bone stock 7.5" rear end in it and splicing an EFI engine harness into a carbed harness. Needless to say, I ripped it all out.

The underside of the car also has Kenny Brown subframes fresly welded in. I do not have pics of those yet but I'll get some posted soon. The next step is to paint the interior floor boards, get the cage in, and then seal, paint, and undercoat the underside of the car. The factory fuel system is history and it'll be replaced with full Aeromotive sumped tank, lines, pump, filters, ect. The car will go to have the engine bay painted after that once all of the suspension and underbody/interior work is finished. I'll drop in the drivetrain, work out all of the kinks, get everything where I want it, then send the car to paint. The rear end is geared 3.73's and I picked it up tonight. I'll get some pics posted of it this weekend. I've ran a full 1989 EFI body and engine harness in the car. The car is being converted over to an EFI build 5.0 variation from DSS. Heads, cam, intakes, and a blower setup. The car will be built for street, strip, and show, with full interior all the way down the 1320. More pics to come as progress keeps rolling forward. Feel free to throw out any questions, comments, opinions, input, advice, or anything that comes to mind.

Jacob Hoppe

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/24/13 10:28 p.m.

Very cool! Glad to see you got it back. I still have fond memories of my sister's '80 notch and her '91 LX 5.0 notch. She also had an '88 LX 2.3 hatch and at one point I had an '84 GT 5.0. Fox bodies are fun. Keep us updated.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VdTopB4YYU96KkihAQwD1QUKIjJtIFEGWSrrm56zbDUJaaHqpy4Ihp2ikAPh3Seh