1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
9/22/20 1:25 p.m.

You sir have made GRM proud.  The Holley and Ls1tech guys thought so as well.

Unique swaps

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
10/1/20 7:31 p.m.

Wow! Where did you find that?! (Other than getting my first name wrong!)

I was interviewed twice at LSFest, but this is the first thing that I have seen! Pretty cool! Thank you for posting it!!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
10/7/20 7:09 p.m.

I was interviewed by the guys from Holley Performance at LS Fest! I've been waiting patiently for them to post the video on YouTube. Here it is!!! Sorry, I haven't figured out how to post a link. Thanks to the folks at Holley for putting on a great event!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
10/7/20 8:31 p.m.

https://youtu.be/g67HHs0FDMM

here is the link to the LSFest video. ( I hope!)

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
10/7/20 8:44 p.m.

Congrats on the video! Nice to get attention after all that work and shows your car is not "just" another LS swap.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/20 9:31 a.m.

In reply to Sofa King :

Good god I bet Colin Chapman rolls over in his grave every time you fire that up. Your bodywork turned out amazing too, the added length/wheelbase isn't obvious unless you're pretty familiar with Europas, and it might actually make it look slightly better. 

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
10/8/20 10:51 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks! I like the shorter front overhang. I think it looks a little more current, hopefully with out sacrificing too much of the original quirkiness of the design. It also helps the curb clearance when driving into my driveway!

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
10/8/20 11:50 a.m.

This is one jaw dropping swap, especially with the complaints I've heard of working on just slightly larger four bangers in a Europa. Maybe the next project should be a Gruney bubble roof to add room for a helmet? :)

solfly
solfly Dork
10/8/20 3:38 p.m.

I never like Europas until today.

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
10/8/20 3:43 p.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

I plan on going down! I don't think "Swanson Bubble" will have the same flair as the "Gurney Bubble"!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
1/13/21 4:36 p.m.

Monday was nice here in Ohio, so I decided to move the Lotus to the garage at my house to give me room at the shop for other projects. It took a little longer than usual to fire up , but it started up and was idling just a little faster than normal. I pulled it out of the garage and started up the driveway and realized that the drive by wire throttle wasn't working. I shut it off ( probably didn't completely recycle the key) and restarted it, but still no throttle control. So I idled it back into the garage and started jiggling the DBW connections. When I started it back up, the throttle control was back, but it wouldn't stay running. It fires up, runs for about 10 seconds and shuts off like a switch is being turned! I had the same problem when it was first built and it turned out to be a bad ground. I was too bummed to mess with it, so I ignored it until this morning. Turned the key and it fired right up and ran perfectly!! What a great car!! It even fixes itself!!!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
2/7/21 1:20 p.m.

Added a vent to the hood to try to keep some of the radiator heat out of the cabin. Also hope it might help keep the front down.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
2/7/21 2:10 p.m.

I dig the hood vent - I also dig that it looks like it is actually getting road time.

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
4/14/21 6:03 p.m.

Finally got around to adding the "Swanson Bubble" the opposite of a Gurney bubble. Now I fit with a helmet!

paddygarcia
paddygarcia GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/14/21 8:25 p.m.

In reply to Sofa King :

Excellent!

Maybe consider a Rautiainen Shield under the Swanson Bubble?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
4/15/21 7:43 a.m.

That video cracked me up! (No pun intended!) 

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
4/15/21 2:21 p.m.

Floor is welded back together. It will give me 2" of additional headroom.  With paint and seam seal, it will be drivable this weekend.

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
5/11/21 5:38 p.m.

I'm planning to take the Lotus to the British car show in Columbus, Oh this Sunday (5/16). It's at the Quaker Steak near Polaris. If you are in the area stop and say hello!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
5/18/21 8:34 a.m.

Made it to Columbus British Car Day! First time on the highway with the chin spoiler and the hood vent. Seemed much more stable at speed.

Shavarsh
Shavarsh Reader
7/24/21 11:50 p.m.

Somehow I missed the custom frame and miata bits in this thing the first couple times I went through this thread, Amazing!

7/25/21 5:52 a.m.

In reply to Sofa King :

Wow, that must be 5% of all the running/driving Europas in the US. surprise Glad the drive went smoothly!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
7/30/21 12:43 p.m.

The white and silver cars are local to me, so I see them at almost every show I attend!  Possibly more surprising is that this show was a 4 hour round trip for all of us and all survived without incident! There is also a red Europa that lives within a mile from me, and it runs too!!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
7/30/21 1:25 p.m.

Also, the white and silver cars are still owned by the original owners!

7/30/21 11:12 p.m.

In reply to Sofa King :

Wow, that's incredible!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
8/26/21 12:30 p.m.

https://www.onallcylinders.com/category/rods-rides-rigs/

So, I did the first 2 days of Power Tour...

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x1wZIARToMHiyrp9LvmRdOENb8jiXgtltEPATG4YiPmbGNuT44E1rFwExcYPs2KX