1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22
2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
12/19/16 4:09 p.m.
Jerry From LA wrote: Unfortunately, your vehicle may be too old to pass muster with any state regulatory agency to use as a commercial vehicle in this realm without a lot of mods.

thats a very good point. probably a pipe dream anyway and if it just gets used to haul friends thats ok.

finished most of the wood work today. tomorrow I'll finish the bench tops and back rests then figure out how to pad and cover them.

dont mind the green. its the old piece in there for a fit check. the back rest on the left will also extend all the way to the end of the bench. think I'll go with a black outdoor carpet and I might even make some front "door cards" if there is enough material left. cant have the rear more cozy than the front

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
12/19/16 5:01 p.m.

Very cool! Good job on that tank sir!

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
12/20/16 9:28 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost:

thanks man. i am quite pleased with how it turned out.

also loving how the rear interior is turning out. almost done!

tiny machine. three people in the back is gonna be tight on leg room

java230
java230 Dork
12/20/16 10:57 p.m.

3 people is plenty! No friends on pow days!

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
12/21/16 8:37 a.m.
java230 wrote: 3 people is plenty! No friends on pow days!

this guy knows!

since we can double the capacity by towing, I have an idea in mind of a 4 or 6 seat pull sleigh. If built right it could be a nicer ride than in the kristi. . . on a sunny day make it small enough to fit in a pickup bed, pick the right drop material, used auto seats and donated boards or skis, I could almost build it for free. could be cool.

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
12/23/16 12:27 p.m.

officially done with the rear interior.

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
12/29/16 10:09 p.m.

today I finished the tracks. what a journey

my brain thinks spreading the splices out will make it stronger. . or less likely to tear. we will see. someday I will buy new rubber belting. for now I will bring everything needed to make repairs on the trail.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
12/29/16 11:32 p.m.
2K4Kcsq wrote: since we can double the capacity by towing, I have an idea in mind of a 4 or 6 seat pull sleigh. If built right it could be a nicer ride than in the kristi. . . on a sunny day make it small enough to fit in a pickup bed, pick the right drop material, used auto seats and donated boards or skis, I could almost build it for free. could be cool.

Would an old jon boat work? Those are cheap.

Good thinking on staggering the splices.

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
12/30/16 8:20 a.m.
BrokenYugo wrote: Would an old jon boat work? Those are cheap.

thats a good idea. might even find a damaged one for free or close to it!

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
12/30/16 10:07 p.m.

I love it when one thing changes everything

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
12/30/16 11:32 p.m.

So when are we going to see it move under its own power?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/16 1:21 a.m.

I'm pretty sure I spotted this or another one today at a house near the Redlands car wash. I didn't get a chance to take a second look, but it doesn't look like the same garage.

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
12/31/16 5:30 p.m.

wasn't me near redlands car wash, but there is a tucker that lives up there. as for seeing it run under its own power. . . today was a good day.

took it up on the mesa for a few hours. nothing crazy. just wanted to run it thru the gears and make sure my ghetto tracks didn't fall apart. everything went well. quite pleased. few things to address but I cant complain. its a fun little machine!

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
12/31/16 5:44 p.m.

That looks like fun. Reminds me a bit of the Bombardier Snow machines that are used to take us out ice fishing on lake Simcoe

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
12/31/16 7:56 p.m.

Very cool!!! Can you post some videos?

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/31/16 9:44 p.m.

Awesome!!!

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
12/31/16 11:52 p.m.

my wife took a couple short vids. I'll get something up here eventually

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/17 11:38 a.m.

Excellent! I like the emergency skis on the roof

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/1/17 1:25 p.m.

How cool is that!

java230
java230 Dork
1/2/17 7:59 p.m.

AWESOME! glad to see it finally is moving under its own power! Those belt splices are surprisingly stout. (and easy to carry extra sets too!)

HikerDan
HikerDan GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/2/17 9:16 p.m.

Sweet!!! That is super cool to see it out in the wild, congrats!

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
1/3/17 10:57 a.m.

This thing is awesome. Would be perfect for remote winter cabin transport. Our camp is inaccessible by anything other than tracks from December to April, and it's a pain staying there with having to do 8 million trips from the cars to the camp with all of the humans, pets, supplies, and clothing.

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
1/3/17 12:06 p.m.

thanks guys. its a shakey, loud little SOB inside. . and its not breaking any land speed records. . . but it definetly has a usefull place in the mountains. once we iron out a few issues im going to take it into some deep snow and find its true character. here is a video as promised.

kristi test drive

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/3/17 1:11 p.m.

In reply to 2K4Kcsq:

That looks like fun! If it wasn't so cold, anyway.

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq HalfDork
1/3/17 7:52 p.m.
petegossett wrote: That looks like fun! If it wasn't so cold, anyway.

its not bad. that aircooled right next to the firewall keeps it toasty inside.

today I pulled it back off the trailer. found and fixed my throttle linkage issue, pedal hinge was mounted backwards causing the pedal/linkage to hit the firewall. did a valve adjustment, then followed the kristi manual and greased the gear selector shafts. this is supposed to cure it slipping out of gear. luckily its a five minute job. seems to be a vibration induced issue, trans itself is fine.

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ArvFwRRSM4EeEm9qrIWPKknXVwNE51aObYLAoEAhVsA0buhfANAHcNvQbfesg4y7