1 2 3
Torkel
Torkel Reader
5/2/19 1:47 p.m.

Really enjoying this thread. Keep it coming!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/19 2:49 p.m.

For the interested, grand total to field two cars in a 24 hour race, all in, including building one car from scratch and having to add fire systems and lights to both cars. $6664.68 

The only thing not included in that total is food which worked out to $20 per person and lodging. All of us camped at the track for Friday and Saturday. 

The next event will be a good bit cheaper. We've already sourced a engine and transmission for the Dirtson for $120 and the Civic only needs a fuel pump. Add to that, entry for one car at the next event is free. 

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/5/20 1:52 p.m.

Just read this after being directed from the V10 Rolls thread.  Welding the input to the output shaft with a flux core welder in the paddock!!  I'm just stunned, in the best way possible.  You've just won every 'best bodge' on any forum for eternity with that one. Well done.  I am humbled.

Toyman01 (Forum Supporter)
Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/20 2:30 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

I honestly expected it to stay together for a dozen laps tops. Having it last 7 hours was amazing.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/5/20 2:44 p.m.

That is a crazy story, I can't imagine how it stayed together, but glad it did!  Hopefully you will be back on the track in the near future to share more adventures!

Toyman01 (Forum Supporter)
Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/20 3:26 p.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

We were supposed to run it again in April but that race canceled. The Dirtie is getting a re-power with something a little more modern and reliable. Still going to be a little hokey, but it should stay running this time. Next Lemons event for us will be September. 

That build is going on here. Lemons 2020, The Dirtsons strike again.

volvoclearinghouse (Forum Supporter)
volvoclearinghouse (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/6/20 9:43 a.m.

We're shooting for September as well with the Plymford.  Hope to see you there!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dOX3rPu1BwdsaxPIDMqfeccFUsATz2yiStug9eKDIPnZjBPTICinof4qyndpBqeC