1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/18/18 4:36 p.m.
BoostedBrandon said:

In reply to Cousin_Eddie :

You're my new signature.

Love the truck!

That makes two of us with Cousin_Eddie quotes for signatures. 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
11/18/18 5:19 p.m.

I'm very flattered about both of the signature quotes. You fellas ought to meet me in real life. I'm the most socially awkward person you'd ever meet. I say all kinds of quirky stuff. Little of it noteworthy....

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
11/19/18 7:43 a.m.

Lookin great Eddie! 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/19/18 7:54 a.m.

CuzzinE, what hp #'s will this hypo RED bullet put out?

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
11/19/18 8:15 a.m.
759NRNG said:

CuzzinE, what hp #'s will this hypo RED bullet put out?

Should be roughly 85 horsepower (stock rating). I do have a Weber carb and a so far undisclosed other addition which may help it a tiny fraction. No hot rod, this truck.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/19/18 8:57 a.m.

Not even a cold air intake....nice shiny chrome header .....and a cat back exhaust????

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/18 9:01 a.m.

As a child of the 80's, those rims are AWESOME!

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/19/18 8:32 p.m.

That would make at least two of us. At least till you get to know me. Then I'm trouble.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
11/20/18 11:54 a.m.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
11/20/18 12:38 p.m.

Wow that happened fast.

It looks marvelous! 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/20/18 12:42 p.m.

The rusty brake master is out of place. I would also pull the hard vacuum line to the booster and clean it up. And all of this is better than anything I own and I'm in awe. Just ignore me and carry on. 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
11/20/18 1:52 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

The rusty brake master is out of place. I would also pull the hard vacuum line to the booster and clean it up. And all of this is better than anything I own and I'm in awe. Just ignore me and carry on. 

I do not disagree with the things you pointed out. Getting the engine into the truck was a big win for me, as my shop is quite small so I've been playing Tetris with the truck and engine hoist and engine on the stand. Once I got it dropped in and bolted in place, I was able to disassemble the engine hoist and put it and the engine stand into storage. Now I have a bit of room to maneuver. So, now I can turn the page and focus on making stuff sanitary.

wawazat
wawazat Reader
11/20/18 4:39 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Wow!  Rubbing rust in the wound Seth!  You trying to kill Cousin Eddie?

mazdeuce - Seth
11/20/18 5:31 p.m.

If it makes it any better, the front end clunk on the crappy Miata is resulting in me painting the front A-arms and I blame that 100% on you. Can't put dirty parts back on. 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/20/18 6:26 p.m.

And the shiny chrome header will be in your next post....... wink

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
11/20/18 6:27 p.m.
759NRNG said:

And the shiny stainless steel header will be in your next post....... wink

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/20/18 6:39 p.m.

BOOYAAA!!!!!!........I knew it ......now, how is the cold air intake gonna shake out???? 

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
11/20/18 6:48 p.m.

Does it not need nitrous of some flavor?  Because race truck?

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
11/20/18 7:05 p.m.

The paint is super gorgeous, but from your old trucks I was expecting a lot more powder coating - do you still do powder coating?

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
11/20/18 7:12 p.m.
SkinnyG said:

The paint is super gorgeous, but from your old trucks I was expecting a lot more powder coating - do you still do powder coating?

Not too much. It's in deference to my shop. My old shop was ghetto and I did mad powdercoating in it. My current shop is pretty nice for a fellow like me, so I don't want to get powder all over it. I still do a little powder work by hanging the parts outside and shooting them before bringing them into the oven inside. The valve cover is powder. Everything else is VHT paint.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
11/21/18 1:38 p.m.

Progress continues on the engine project. This morning I decided to hit the junkyards for some needed goodies. I've been on a constant-tension hoseclamp kick lately. I'm banishing worm gear hose clamps from my projects. So I am the weirdo that buys factory hoseclamps from the junkyards.

As soon as I got in to the yard, I wept openly at what I saw. I really want to replace my daily driver 2000 Civic with a first gen CRV. And here sits a perfectly good one that some shiny happy person threw away.

I did find a little truck that gave up some booty though. Mainly, I got a tach cluster (with clock). My truck lacks both of those. Plus a bunch of little doodads that I needed.

Speaker block off plates for the rear cab corners. I have never seen these before. Since I won't be running speakers there in my truck, I had to grab them.

Miscellaneous nic-nacs.

I had two bellhousing bolts missing on my truck when I got it so I grabbed a couple. They are bigger than bolts that I routinely keep laying around.

mazdeuce - Seth
11/21/18 1:43 p.m.

I'm with you on the constant tension clamps. 

So I'm torn between an early CR-V and a first gen Rav4. Both of them are just little and weird enough and both can be had with a manual and I keep looking at them on CL. Any reason to prefer the CR-V? 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
11/21/18 1:54 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

So I'm torn between an early CR-V and a first gen Rav4. Both of them are just little and weird enough and both can be had with a manual and I keep looking at them on CL. Any reason to prefer the CR-V? 

No reason that I can justify. I do have a bunch of special Honda tools though, so things like changing suspension bushings and such is easy for me. 

I can't seem to score a Forrester of my own like you did. If I could, that would fill the niche instead of a CRV or Rav. I want something station wagon like that isn't nice enough to worry about things like junkyard parts runs.

edizzle89
edizzle89 SuperDork
11/21/18 2:47 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Personally i like the Rav4 over the CR-V only because the toyota has a real awd system in it (same as the all-trac) and the honda have a hydraulic/clutch type awd that is only awd when the front wheels start to slip. Not to say that's a terrible thing but when i comes to awd i prefer mechanical systems

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
11/21/18 3:02 p.m.

I want a station wagon too.  However, the one I want is far too nice for junkyard runs, an E63 AMG wagon...

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lVWD2eePwmPuX0eDIk5eHhTwS1VjzSFKmkCgQFwTubKsnKPofUqhupkh5cYPDBXZ