1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
12/3/18 9:53 a.m.

And then wheels. And then wheels. And then wheels. And then wheels.

(can't wait!)

FunkyCricket
FunkyCricket Reader
12/3/18 12:49 p.m.

are you going to just fill in the roll pan for the bumperless look? time to drag that ass around town throwing sparks!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/3/18 1:02 p.m.

I blame you, cousin eddie.

I blame you for the entire enterior, minus dash, being stripped from my truck. To clean, due, repair, detail, etc.

The truck is my daily.....

Thanks for the inspiration and motivation! Goal is to have enough back together to be remotely comfortable and useful for the girlscout parade this weekend. 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
12/3/18 1:03 p.m.
FunkyCricket said:

are you going to just fill in the roll pan for the bumperless look? time to drag that ass around town throwing sparks!

I'll probably buy the factory Mazda blank off fillers that base model bumperless trucks came with.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
12/3/18 1:05 p.m.

It isn't there yet. I still have to get the stance dialed in. But, it's mostly there.

FunkyCricket
FunkyCricket Reader
12/3/18 1:09 p.m.

those knock off centerlines though.... mmmmm 90's rific.

Just need the black taneau cover and the side skirts to match the bumper and it will be my high school parking lot all over again.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
12/3/18 1:27 p.m.

Lookin good!

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
12/3/18 1:28 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I blame you, cousin eddie.

I blame you for the entire enterior, minus dash, being stripped from my truck. To clean, due, repair, detail, etc.

The truck is my daily.....

Thanks for the inspiration and motivation! Goal is to have enough back together to be remotely comfortable and useful for the girlscout parade this weekend. 

But, won't you sleep soundly at night ? I know when I rip something apart and witness the horrors of years' accumulation of grime, I just can't rest until I know it's eradicated. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/3/18 1:55 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie :

Yes i will.

Ive actually wanted to do this since i bought it last year, but you finally motivated me.

Your truck lools fantastic! Needs about another inch all the way around lower looking at the pictures on my phone.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
12/3/18 2:05 p.m.

Get rid of the hood bra unless you don't like your paint.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/3/18 3:08 p.m.
Cousin_Eddie said:

It isn't there yet. I still have to get the stance dialed in. But, it's mostly there.

Quoting for hawtness!  Holy Hot Damn that thing is a looker.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
12/3/18 3:44 p.m.

Yes. I'd be cleaning/repainting up the window trim and calling it job done. The faded decals on the side kind of look right to me.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
12/3/18 4:01 p.m.
Mezzanine said:

Yes. I'd be cleaning/repainting up the window trim and calling it job done. The faded decals on the side kind of look right to me.

Coincidentally, I have a fresh can of SEM black trim paint and new Mazda factory rubber window channels waiting for a warm day.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
12/3/18 6:32 p.m.

Ahhhhhhhhhh. That's better.  Thank you.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
12/3/18 6:48 p.m.

In reply to SkinnyG :

When I woke up this morning, it just felt like today was suspension rebuild day.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
12/3/18 7:32 p.m.

I must admit I really wasn't down with these hoops, but for some strange reason these have to be here on this....well done.....AGAIN!!!! 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
12/3/18 7:38 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Thanks man.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
12/4/18 7:02 a.m.

The only other wheels I could picture would be genuine wire wheels, same diameter. Maybe even gold/chrome.

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
12/4/18 7:36 a.m.

That takes me back, nice work.  I miss mini trucks.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
12/4/18 9:34 a.m.

From 

Too

Image result for jaw drop gif

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
12/4/18 1:38 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

Too

*to. Sorry man, but you may have been in the states too long.

Couldn't help myself.

CuzE: Awesome job, that little Mazda is, to use period correct language, rad.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
12/4/18 6:55 p.m.

I think the mirror swap made a very significant improvement to the overall aesthetic. I very much enjoy everything you're doing here. Satisfies my OCD that I resist indulging.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
12/5/18 3:45 p.m.

I am waiting on an order from Summit to allow me to finish the suspension. In the mean time, I dug into a problem area that has been annoying me.

The truck came with mismatched keys, all of them worn out, as well as worn locks. The ignition lock was particularly bad as I had to fiddle with the key for a while to finally get it to turn each time I started the truck.

So I ordered a full factory lock set from Mazda. All nice and matching in one box. But the parts house called with the bad news that the lockset had recently gone obsolete, so I was left with assembling what I needed from aftermarket.

I couldn't find the ignition lockset anywhere but eBay. The seller on eBay however has sold a bunch of them with 100 percent positive reviews. So....

Changing the ignition one was fun.

notice the factory security bolts. Those were a little challenging to get out.

New bolts.

Installed and adjusted

tighten the bolts till they snap off

I'm planning on installing the door locks during a little door mini project day when I repaint some door trim and install new glass channels. I may take the new locks to a 'smith and see if he can rekey them to match the new ignition switch. I'd prefer not having to carry two keys if feasible.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck HalfDork
12/5/18 5:12 p.m.

What were you thinking Stereo wise?

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
12/5/18 5:26 p.m.
MulletTruck said:

What were you thinking Stereo wise?

Perfect world ? A Punch 45 driving the 4" dash speakers and 6x9s in the rear boxes. Then a sub box with a pair of 10s and either another Punch 45 or a Punch 75 driving them. I may build some door panels with 6.5" separates in them if I can figure out a way to route wiring to the door that's sanitary enough to not cost me sleep.

The head unit situation is stymieing me a little. I want CD player. I want the ability to port my phone music into it either cord or blue-toof. But I don't want spacehip looks. I've been perusing the usual suspects. The Porsche and Benz guys are leading the way with their quest for a sedate looking headunit that had the features. I'm finding boat head units to be more in the direction of classic looks. So far, I have a 15 year old Pioneer Supertuner in there that does everything I want except play my phone music.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VemyoWWGRXqhWM3VhYCd7AVWhdCrQYVdU0bjRHgUALumIvRDPZAY2mbcQrawohyg