1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 56
AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/11/19 8:12 p.m.

I've done that to a Miata!

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham UberDork
8/14/19 9:29 a.m.

Garage looks AMAZING!! Whose kit did you use? I'll be in the market soon.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/19 11:30 a.m.
Ed Higginbotham said:

Garage looks AMAZING!! Whose kit did you use? I'll be in the market soon.

Thanks!  The metal came from Central Florida Steel Buildings. The structural pieces are thick and beefy. Building feels real stout. I would recommend. 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/19 6:56 p.m.

Final inspection is passed!  I’ve spent the last 2 nights cleaning/degreasing and etching the concrete. This is miserable work doing 1500 sf solo. My wife has agreed to help apply the epoxy floor this weekend. Hopefully it’s less sucky. 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/17/19 11:56 a.m.

Rustoleum professional grade floor epoxy is down!  No designer color flakes on this floor!  I gotta find those bolts and 10mm sockets when they jingle through the engine bay to the floor - ha!  Wasn’t sure if I was going to get it all done with the constant rain but we did it.  I rigged a tarp to try and keep any rain from creeping in under the doors.  A few days to cure, and then I can load in some cars and start the mezzanine.

java230
java230 UltraDork
8/17/19 12:51 p.m.

In reply to Lof8 :

Nice! I have size envy. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
8/17/19 3:50 p.m.

Very wise move to use plain color without the fleck. Far easier to work on. I would not be too concerned about water ingress on epoxy cure, it is not "paint" in the sense of needing evaporation time. Some types cure faster with moisture.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/17/19 5:52 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

Very wise move to use plain color without the fleck. Far easier to work on. I would not be too concerned about water ingress on epoxy cure, it is not "paint" in the sense of needing evaporation time. Some types cure faster with moisture.

Thanks for the tip. I will rest a little easier since it’s been raining about 10 hours a day everyday around here. 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/19/19 12:07 p.m.

I added a couple of spigots around the building. I’m more proud of them than I should be lol. Used some synthetic boards to add some rigity. Also decided to pull up about a foot of grass around the perimeter. I’ll add some shell. I was afraid the grass would hold moisture against the metal and make it degrade prematurely.  

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
8/22/19 1:10 p.m.

The garage looks great.  I'm jealous as I still haven't figured out my shop. 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/23/19 9:20 a.m.

Driving through a little town in central FL called Mascotte, I come across this sweet lineup at a shop called “Smash customs”

They also had a Range Rover painted up with the Florida Gambler 500 logo. These seem like our people!

rustybuckets
rustybuckets Reader
8/23/19 10:32 a.m.

That Safari 911. I must have it. It's amazing!!!!!!

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/24/19 11:10 a.m.

Even though I’ve got lots of work to do to get the garage fully set up, I feel like this is a major milestone in the project.  4 cars stacked in the corner and I’m pleasantly surprised with how much space is left!  Looks like I need more cars!  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
8/26/19 7:07 a.m.

Why are there no donut marks on that floor yet?

java230
java230 UltraDork
8/26/19 8:52 a.m.

Very very nice. 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/26/19 12:30 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I was joking about doing exactly this with a buddy friday night over some beers.  I feel like I should.  But after putting in so much time and money, its holding me back a bit. 

crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
8/26/19 5:51 p.m.

That garage is exactly what I needs and don't need at the same time. I would fill it to the brim because I could.

Having that empty side is great for workshop space.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/27/19 9:06 a.m.
Lof8 said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I was joking about doing exactly this with a buddy friday night over some beers.  I feel like I should.  But after putting in so much time and money, its holding me back a bit. 

Burnout would be slightly less risky... laugh

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/28/19 7:39 p.m.

I picked up a perfectly sized set of stairs from the FB marketplace for $200 and it looks like they'll line up perfectly with my mezzanine design. The mezzanine is only about 25% done but most of the hard stuff has been accomplished - the remainder should go more quickly.  I called in my Dad and wife this afternoon to help hoist the stairs into place. It was quite a challenge and deserved a beer at completion!

320 more square feet to collect junk!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/29/19 8:08 a.m.

Looking great, man!

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/31/19 1:42 p.m.

New carport, better than the old carport. Big projects around the “ranch” are complete. My vision for car/toy storage and working areas have come to life!  I just need to fine tune the garage interior and I can go back to focusing on other things  - like hopefully more racing soon!

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
9/1/19 6:53 a.m.

Looks good, always thought those metal trusses were cool 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/1/19 6:52 p.m.

Mezzanine is mostly framed up. 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/4/19 7:34 p.m.

Had a fun evening!  Dad, bro, and lil nephew, Isaac, came by to help me finish up the platform. 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/7/19 1:37 p.m.

Mezzanine. Done!

next step, electricity.

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 56

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GdmGyAPO9z0X0OuDAY2Gq5JjWvnSqi0oIvxiJ5fR6lo4djb3BQsVzDju91r7PJFJ