Jpbrienp
Jpbrienp New Reader
10/28/20 9:34 a.m.

Hi all,

Been lurking the forums for quite some time. Love the idea of the 2000 challenge and even thought about trying to participate 2019 with the gastropod class. Work got in the way of plans; I travel a lot and just ran out of time.

2020 has killed all my work travel with COVID. I dove deep into Facebook market place looking for a fun project. Somehow, that lead me to buying several basket case tractors that I ended up flipping. Tractors gone I decided it was time for a daily driver to keep some of the miles off my truck since I am in the office 5 days a week now. Hours gone searching market place and nothing I considered to be cheap and in decent enough condition to spark any interest. Kinda took a break from the daily searching just to keep myself from an impulse gotta have it purchase.

Finally, last week a 2000 Lincoln Town Car fell in my lap. Wife comes home from work on Friday and says I almost bought you a car today. Ohhh…. What is it? I get the full story from her, a coworker/ family friend’s mother has a Town Car she can no longer drive and would like to sell. I immediately dismiss the possibility and we go out to dinner. After dinner we get home and I can’t help but to google everything possible about Town Cars, light bulb turn on in the ol cranium but I keep my mouth shut.

Saturday morning on our way home from running errands I decided to ask my wife to call her coworker and see if we could look at the car. I get a funny look but she obliges. We pull up and knock on the door as instructed to get the keys. Dot a 90 year old woman greets us and invites us in.  Spent way to long talking to Dot but that’s ok. Get the details from her on the car; it was her 50th wedding anniversary gift. A 2000 Lincoln Town Car Cartier edition. leather, moon roof, flip out car phone, and a gold clock all things i did not realize i needed. Now showing just over 200k, the car checked out, needs a headlight assembly ( to match the new one that was replaced in a garage wall strike), has a tiny oil leak around the filter housing, and the leather could use some cleaning. Overall a very well maintained one owner car.

I am starting this thread pre delivery as traditional here at GRM. I was supposed to pick the car up yesterday but was asked for an additional day to track down the title. No big plans for the car yet. Right now just a good once over, standard fluids and a good cleaning to see where I am at.  knowledge and suggestions welcome. Will add more pictures once the car comes home. 

Georges1991
Georges1991 Reader
10/28/20 9:39 a.m.

As long as the intake has been done, you're set up for another 200k

Great cars I've owned a million variations of the panther platform, congrats.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/28/20 11:28 a.m.

That car looks minty fresh, good buy. 

KonaBoss
KonaBoss Reader
10/28/20 1:40 p.m.

Welcome to the panther fold.. While I have owned just about every combo of a crown vic possible, I have never owned a town car..

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/28/20 3:50 p.m.

Nice car, I have a '98. Mine's kind of annoyingly good at breaking something every few months, hopefully you have better luck.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KrEh3vNzWdhYd5Z5R4w856tUdrF3OYZXoAByTEaPUHXXNYMRCPJvCc8IewRVndAL