1 ... 23 24 25 26 27
Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/12/18 3:17 p.m.
Go_Gators said:
Patrick said:

When you get back would it be possible to get a picture of balancer to steering rack clearance and a measurement of same?

i should be able to do that today!

so its 5/8" gap, couldnt get a picture to come out well as it sits, here are a couple old ones..

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/12/18 3:19 p.m.
MulletTruck said:

I saw subrew  put a smiley face next to the comment but if he was serious maybe he should try to carry a sheet of plywood on a windy day!

 

 

truth.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/12/18 3:22 p.m.

Thanks!  The c5 and camaro balancers are 3/4” difference so i may have to find someone to trade me camaro for corvette accessories.  

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/12/18 3:36 p.m.

here is the video from event 3. my best run was 60.6sec. video also of the wipeout at finish filmed from the car and field... the audio from the stationary video is beautiful, video didnt transfer well though...

event 3 disaster footage...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
3/12/18 4:19 p.m.

yeah, uh, you're not supposed to stop the clock *permanently*...  

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/12/18 4:32 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

lol. remarkable it did send the signal for my finish.. of course, there was a bit of an event  delay after.. fortunately we were able to use a smaller backup antenna successfully. 

 

TiggerWelder
TiggerWelder Reader
3/14/18 8:59 p.m.

did you end up selling the rocker panels, or where they destroyed in the disassembly?

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/15/18 5:31 a.m.

In reply to TiggerWelder :

completely destroyed. they are glued onto the chassis REAL GOOD!

badwaytolive
badwaytolive New Reader
3/15/18 10:19 a.m.

Props for posting that video-

Hard to know what the limit is without going over a bit every now and then- ask me how I know!

Have you done any analysis on your wing setup? I'm just curious how you selected that AoA.

Love this project and the updates!

damen

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/15/18 11:21 a.m.

In reply to badwaytolive :

at the very the least the video serves as a PSA for the rest of our club members....

No, no analysis, no field testing at this point. A long time winner in various mod solo classes, locally and nationally suggested 20 deg on the larger wing and 5 on the near horizontal wing. for events i am going to run the larger one at 20deg to vertical. the lower is set at about 20 deg to horizontal. until i sort out some of the other variables, i think the current setup is reasonable. it was purely based on pictures of unlimited pikes peak cars and solo AM car pictures. where, both run some very steep angle wings. the size, relative to some true AM cars is smaller compared to the chassis/power than true AM cars. 

 

Galaxidan
Galaxidan
3/20/18 9:51 p.m.

West central Floridian following this thread. Been planning a similar build since seeing the Roadkill vette kart. Wanting low tech non computer build to use as a weekend hot rod. Local car shows ect. Been looking for a c4, ditch the tpi, put on a carb, manual trans would be nice but would be happy with auto if i could get it to operate without computer.

Awesome build by the way!

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
3/20/18 10:46 p.m.

Here is a car that addresses the cage/headroom issue in a little different manner:

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/21/18 7:14 a.m.
Galaxidan said:

West central Floridian following this thread. Been planning a similar build since seeing the Roadkill vette kart. Wanting low tech non computer build to use as a weekend hot rod. Local car shows ect. Been looking for a c4, ditch the tpi, put on a carb, manual trans would be nice but would be happy with auto if i could get it to operate without computer.

Awesome build by the way!

thanks much!  there is a C4 kart in Spring Hill FL... also, if you are on FB, join group 'vette hacks' started by said Spring Hill builder...  its a small group, but ~10 vette-kart owners in the group, including one in the UK.

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/21/18 7:18 a.m.
jfryjfry said:

Here is a car that addresses the cage/headroom issue in a little different manner:

never seen this example before.... appears to be Z06. interesting thing they did with the hump back looking roll bar arrangement behind the occupants, i dont understand it...  if he used similar roll cage tube, which based on the setting, i bet he did... i think i could be as much as 200lbs lighter...

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/26/18 6:17 a.m.

i put out a corvetteforum post ISO a used Z06 front sway bar on the cheap. For $60 a guy in california sent me his take off!!  base model ~24mm compared to Z06 3omm. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
3/26/18 10:39 a.m.

In reply to Go_Gators :

Kyle, any way you could post in vette hack fb to get them to admit new requests to join?  I applied to join group but they haven't responded yet.  

Thanks

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/28/18 5:57 a.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:

In reply to Go_Gators :

Kyle, any way you could post in vette hack fb to get them to admit new requests to join?  I applied to join group but they haven't responded yet.  

Thanks

Did you get added in the couple days since this post? i dont see any pending requests... PM me if you didnt!

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
3/28/18 6:01 a.m.

got started on the wing's side plates. frame is thin wall 1/2" square Al tube. both sides frames are stacked on top of each other in the pic. Dropped it off with buddy who has the welding skills! Will skin them in the .040 Al sheet when done..

 

 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
3/28/18 7:48 a.m.
Go_Gators said:
Ovid_and_Flem said:

In reply to Go_Gators :

Kyle, any way you could post in vette hack fb to get them to admit new requests to join?  I applied to join group but they haven't responded yet.  

Thanks

Did you get added in the couple days since this post? i dont see any pending requests... PM me if you didnt!

Resubmitted join request.  thx

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
4/6/18 5:47 a.m.

 

wing side plates have been welded by my expert welding buddy!   @lucky_buck_fab

 

these suckers are super light and super rigid. will skin them in the .040 Al sheet then mount.  if all goes well, before sundays event!

badwaytolive
badwaytolive New Reader
4/6/18 8:40 a.m.

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing test results...

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
4/10/18 12:54 p.m.

Going to call Event 4 a success, first such result for the kart (E1- mulitple offs, E2-battery short, E3-windshield).  It made 8 runs, 2 runs by one of the clubs ringers and my 6 runs. 

Should get the videos up tonight/tomorrow. here are a few pics. 

The tail-happiness is absolutely more controllable now with the full wing and bigger front sway bar.  Tires still suck.

 

jmc14
jmc14 Reader
4/10/18 5:13 p.m.

Interesting.  I think I would have gone with a used sprint car wing.  Maybe even the sprint car front wing.  

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled New Reader
4/10/18 5:27 p.m.

Those side plates really make this thing look bonkers (as if it needed help).  Please take a picture the first time you drive this thing to work.  I know you'll adjust the angle of the top wing, but it'll still look just as crazy yes.

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
4/11/18 5:20 a.m.
Dead_Sled said:

Those side plates really make this thing look bonkers (as if it needed help).  Please take a picture the first time you drive this thing to work.  I know you'll adjust the angle of the top wing, but it'll still look just as crazy yes.

it goes to work (on a Navy base) about once a week!!  its certainly bonkers, but i am pretty happy with how it came out over all considering it was fabbed with hand tools in my garage.

 

 

1 ... 23 24 25 26 27
Our Preferred Partners
p61HrQjp5FvFssup7oUh2RjkcHuY3N7Ot9FqaRYJ4AEcYlEZiZ4ChivirtDvvbha