1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 52
Go_Gators
Go_Gators GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/14/18 3:53 p.m.

Autocross event 10 at FIRM was fantastic. great 1.5 hr to and from drives and five darn nice runs. some pics (courtesy of Brandon Kilgour):

russ_mill
russ_mill New Reader
10/14/18 6:10 p.m.

I just gotta say, this is in my top 2 favorite build threads. This thing is amazing and looks so fun!

Go_Gators
10/15/18 6:09 a.m.
russ_mill said:

I just gotta say, this is in my top 2 favorite build threads. This thing is amazing and looks so fun!

Appreciate it!  It has been a fun build and is becoming what i hoped for on the track! 

Go_Gators
10/16/18 6:41 a.m.

Got around to editing the video from this past weekend. Data, remote mic and video work well.  I ran the camera over my shoulder and on the front bumper. Looking at the video i think i could have pushed the car harder in the track's corners than i did. 

Overall pretty happy with the runs. i got progressively faster through the 5 runs. My best was good enough for 14th out of 117.  FTD was set by a nationally competitive CM open-wheel car, he was ~3.5sec ahead of me.

youtube video link

This weekend i am showing the kart at a car show i go to every year. its on centre st in historic downtown Fernandina Beach. They close the street to traffic and show cars park through out downtown, its pretty neat. 

badwaytolive
badwaytolive Reader
10/16/18 9:18 a.m.

In reply to Go_Gators :

Nice video and nice driving!

It looks like the seat is moving around laterally quite a bit; is that noticeable while you're driving?

Thanks for sharing!

damen

Go_Gators
10/17/18 7:18 a.m.
badwaytolive said:

In reply to Go_Gators :

It looks like the seat is moving around laterally quite a bit; is that noticeable while you're driving?

Thanks for sharing!

damen

Thanks!

No, i dont notice excessive seat movement... though... i plan to replace the el-cheapo NRG drivers seat this winter. i am only 6'1", but i have to run the shoulder straps over the seat bc the cutouts are like mid-back! Furthermore, a higher quality seat seems prudent at this point... in general.

Go_Gators
10/19/18 6:50 a.m.

In a wild coincidence my last two fairly high priced 'part out' items sold on ebay Wednesday. a pair of Bassani and the passenger door. I hadnt sold anything in months.  So, i have a few small items still on ebay, i am going to throw in the trash. If stuff doesnt sell in a year... its time to let it go. 

My grand total for the cost recuperation is ~ $4900 in sales. Netting ~$3880.  Sold more than 65 items. 

It was a fair amount of work, but the return greatly exceeded my expectations. 

Go_Gators
10/19/18 1:04 p.m.

heres a different view..  a fellow autocrosser is working a prototype CF automotive selfie stick.  he 3d printed the roll bar attachment and go promount, secured them crudely to a ~3ft CF tube. 

this is a short clip of it in action, holding my go pro just outboard of my driver rear tire. 

video

this would be ideal for burnout video.... hmmm.. 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
10/19/18 5:04 p.m.
badwaytolive said:

In reply to Go_Gators :

Thanks for sharing!

damen

+1

Go_Gators
10/29/18 12:34 p.m.

LS1-KART phase 2?

Go_Gators
11/4/18 2:34 p.m.

Managed a top ten raw time (though a thinner field than normal) in a drizzle... 

Placed 8th of 54. had decent runs, but never put a real good one together. Car feels so good though. 

Three other club members took a run in it too, their videos included:

Event 11 video

Go_Gators
11/6/18 5:44 a.m.

A couple pics of the LS1-KART in its natural habitat:

russ_mill
russ_mill New Reader
11/6/18 7:07 a.m.

Sweet runs! 

I'm a fan of the open wheel/ open cockpit but I'm sure those wheels threw lots of rocks and debris. Even thought of a canvas bimini top for the roof?

Go_Gators
11/6/18 11:20 a.m.
russ_mill said:

Sweet runs! 

I'm a fan of the open wheel/ open cockpit but I'm sure those wheels threw lots of rocks and debris. Even thought of a canvas bimini top for the roof?

they do for sure. the a-pillar shields  the cockpit from the fronts pretty well.  the rears throw water and dirt in and onto the inside the windshield. The rear fenders are a recent addition and the thirty plus minute drive home in the rain was the first time i have encountered rain with them installed. It was a much better experience, the windshield remained clear and the cockpit and i didnt get soaked! Typically, i pull the roof, hood and rear fenders for runs, but it was looking like rain all day.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/11/18 1:59 p.m.

Like the rear fenders.....anymore of that finds it's way on this(frt fenders/side panels) and you'll have a 'locost' on steroids....the pump yu special....wink  hmmmm the jeep pajamas might be interesting.

Go_Gators
11/13/18 6:07 a.m.
759NRNG said:

Like the rear fenders.....anymore of that finds it's way on this(frt fenders/side panels) and you'll have a 'locost' on steroids....the pump yu special....wink  hmmmm the jeep pajamas might be interesting.

its creeping that way.... But then i could legally run EM! (vice AM)

however i dont see any more body pieces coming soon... this popped up on BaT though. its slick:

Jeep Z06 auction

russ_mill
russ_mill New Reader
11/13/18 6:25 a.m.

That is slick! You've been posting a few "jeep" z06s... are you trying to tell us something? lol

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/13/18 7:48 a.m.

I was hoping to see this car at the State autocross finals at the Firm on the 11th, if you were there, of course.

Turned out, I wasn't able to go. I caught a wicked cold, with a fever  that started Saturday night, and ran through last night. Timed perfectly so I couldn't cancel.    sad

Go_Gators
11/13/18 9:24 a.m.
russ_mill said:

That is slick! You've been posting a few "jeep" z06s... are you trying to tell us something? lol

nope. i am generally not a jeep fan... but i do find it interesting others have gone that direction!  

Go_Gators
11/13/18 9:28 a.m.
Floating Doc said:

I was hoping to see this car at the State autocross finals at the Firm on the 11th, if you were there, of course.

Turned out, I wasn't able to go. I caught a wicked cold, with a fever  that started Saturday night, and ran through last night. Timed perfectly so I couldn't cancel.    sad

Bummer x 2.  Yea, i wasnt planning on attending, wife's birthday interfered... Jax Solo will have another pair of events there in 2019, typically one in the spring, another in the fall. i will make those! i hope to run in brooksville, probably with the local corvette club in the spring too. That trip would be run with a C4 vette-kart that definitely inspired my project. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/13/18 6:25 p.m.
Go_Gators said:

LS1-KART phase 2?

Hmm...coincidence?  wink

Go_Gators
12/3/18 9:28 a.m.

Autocross year 1 is in the books. Didnt run good at all, clarification, kart was awesome, i sucked.

However, video came out brilliant. i was using a 3' carbon fiber go-pro pole with 3-d printed end pieces. So, the camera is looking back at the kart which gives a cool perspective. If you want infor or to order a pole, message ash@gemlux.com.

youtube event 12 video link 

So, on to our 1.5 month off-season. no major changes planned. i will put a better drivers seat in it. Going to defer rear radiator mounting till june/july (summer autox break) so that i can immediately test it in FLA temps before physically rmeoving the forward radiator brackets/etc.

Need to get more seat time in it to be fast. Which will be hard. 

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
12/4/18 7:03 a.m.

I’m in the middle of my Corvette kart build and have a few questions for you.

1. What is the static ride height measurement at the bottom of the rocker or pinch weld? I’m trying to figure out ride height/ground clearance for mine and currently have it set at 5-3/4”.

2. Have you weighed the car in its current configuration? If so, how much weight has it lost from when it was stock?

Thanks.

Go_Gators
1/26/19 7:28 p.m.
lotusseven7 said:

I’m in the middle of my Corvette kart build and have a few questions for you.

1. What is the static ride height measurement at the bottom of the rocker or pinch weld? I’m trying to figure out ride height/ground clearance for mine and currently have it set at 5-3/4”.

2. Have you weighed the car in its current configuration? If so, how much weight has it lost from when it was stock?

Thanks.

Oh, I know. you have an awesome build going!   mine sets about 4.5" off the ground in the middle of the chassis. i havent been back on scales since caging. but, cage-free it was 2350. i am betting 2600 as it is today.

Go_Gators
1/26/19 7:33 p.m.

Heres what happens when you turn the keys over to a nationally competitive driver... he nearly sets fast time of the day... I am glad to see the kart is getting close to being an FTD contender, wish my driving was closer!  Ash got a couple runs in the 36.3sec range, but put a cone down on each. FTD was 36.1sec, in a GT3. i ran consistently in the mid-37s.. here is Ash's video:

A great driver autoxing the LS1-KART

1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 52

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uWXNSKFE2csCPj3Lsj1G1fwl5DoEvbx6GNHQDhnd7M7hGtatesZwJ2dmt4lGdOJ9