1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 52
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/5/20 10:44 a.m.

In reply to Go_Gators (Forum Supporter) :

I knew you'd be there once it got sorted. Congratulations!

Oh, and thanks again for another fun course. I'm really enjoying the events with Buccaneer SCCA. See you in November at Amelia Island!

Go_Gators (Forum Supporter)
Go_Gators (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/5/20 11:46 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Appreciate it!  Yea, we have a great group, only two Events left for this year. We always run the same course on the final event of each year, so Nov is the last custom course for 2020... If turnout is low or required to be low by the county, thinkin about doing a variation of the triple cross-over course we did this past spring!

10/5/20 2:13 p.m.

In addition to the kart's setup coming together... my recording setup performed better than usual too! Shot video off the car, rear and top, with my carbon fiber GemLux GoPro pole and had my old GoPro in car... and miraculous both cameras recorded and my remote mic even worked well this time out.  

Clips include my quickest run of the day and a couple instances a bit too much sideways and a Fun Run on a modified course after the competition runs were done. Enjoy.

Youtube Link

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/5/20 8:01 p.m.

it was a great event as usual.  Your cart looked awesome out there.

We had fun shaking down the challenge subaru and even won our class...

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/20 8:48 p.m.

I was in your neighborhood a couple of times this week.  Was tempted to ask your neighbors if they knew you but didn't want to call attention to your car for reasons we discussed.  When is the Nov autocross?  I might be able to come if allowed and at least watch and or volunteer.

10/6/20 8:06 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

Yea, we are working that protest paperwork right now.

LOL.

10/6/20 8:08 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Haha, yea, thanks. surely some dig it, others, not so much. Left the house saturday at 0530, for instance.

Nov 15 at Amelia Isl. That should be fine, but yall ought to run any operable vehicle!! 

Regional website

10/24/20 8:25 a.m.

Believe this was my best fun/exhibition run on the $2000 Challenge autocross course, 46.6sec. Darrin was able to get down to 46.4sec.

youtube link

Stampie (FS)
10/24/20 1:59 p.m.

Was nice seeing you yesterday. Thanks for coming out and helping them on the timing. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/24/20 7:32 p.m.

I will second stampies comment.  Thanks for helping out.

10/26/20 7:32 a.m.

Absolutely, had a great time. Hope someday time allows for a second project to come play with at the Challenge!

11/11/20 2:30 p.m.

the tire fairy should show up tomorrow.  no surprise, at 3deg neg camber the tires are wearing pretty evenly while they are my dedicated autox set. Then, when they become my street set, the inside 3/4 takes the brunt of stop light to stop light abuse. 

11/17/20 12:23 p.m.

Event 11 was this past weekend back at Amelia Island.

Kart felt great. New rear tire set. Ran the Z51 front bar and base rear bar for the first time at Amelia. Pretty happy with my runs, very consistent. Felt like i pushed it pretty hard and didnt leave too much time on the table. Finish 3rd behind a true F-mod car and a darn B-Street Focus RS... 

One more event for 2020. Then will likely jump right into replacing the A-arm bushings (going with Borg delrin) and replacing the ball joints. Everything is obviously 22+ years old at this point and a couple of teh bushings are starting to deform... 

Video has view from the GemLux GoPro pole looking out in front of the kart, forward and back towards the kart - notice the very decent looking body roll. 

Youtube Link

12/1/20 6:00 a.m.

Brrr... drove the kart into work today, ~10 miles. 39deg and 15-20 winds. where did florida go?  we run again saturday, forecast is about the same, plus a chance of AM rain.  looking like a good opportunity to test towing (picked up a higher miles ecoboost f150 about 6 months ago).

Stampie (FS)
12/1/20 6:36 a.m.

Yeah I actually wore long pants to work today.

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
12/1/20 8:41 a.m.

A bit off topic....  I have a upr catch can kit for a 15-16 (maybe other years) f150 ecoboost) I'd sell if interested!

12/1/20 10:23 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry (FS) :

that is something i would like to do.. looks like it depends on which kit you have. sending you a PM. thanks!

12/7/20 2:11 p.m.

drive by youtube link

someone got a quick video of the LS1-KART going by on course at our final event. Enjoy.

12/7/20 2:25 p.m.

Not wildly excited about my runs at our jax Solo finale, Event 12. I did course design again, and have no one to blame but myself. LOL.

I made the kink at start (trying to minimize drag race starts) way too tight, i only made it through the first couple elements cleanly on half my runs. Then i DNF'ed my final run away by plowing through a cone wall at finish where i bailed on the turn knowing i failed to slow down enough to make it and didnt want to take out timing...

Comparing my final run to my hotest, but dirty run, my final run would have been FTD. My quickest dirty run, where i hit two cones at start was a full half second quicker than the actual FTD set by our Overall Champ in a 1LE.  So, my best clean run, nearly 2 seconds slower than my fast dirty run, put me 3rd overall raw time on a fairly weak field... UGH.

Here is a video of my quickest clean run and my "dirty FTD".. Times were fairly consistent, but cones just kept getting in the way! 50.2, 50.2, 49.5, 48.3, 50.3, DNF.

Youtube Link

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
12/7/20 3:28 p.m.

Sorry to ask a question off topic but what year did Corvette go from single piston calipers to 4/ 6 piston calipers?  

12/8/20 5:59 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

my '68, first year C3 had four piston calipers on all corners....  which were garbage and a part of why i was willing to see it go.  my recollection is that C4 and C5 both have dual piston up front and single in the rear...  suspect even Chevy learned from thier mistakes on C3!

12/8/20 11:20 a.m.

MOOG ball joints, all locations... received...

MOOG tie rod ends, received.. 

BORG delrin bushings, all locations, received...

Z06 leaf springs... ebay ordered... 

just under a $1200 tab, but, should transform the handling. 

looking like i will jump into it in the new year. too many projects and other obligations between now and then.

1/4/21 12:16 p.m.

"why hello there...."

Did you offer to run 'em?

1/5/21 5:51 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

his tag did say "NEXXXT"....

1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 52