1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 93
Crackers
Crackers Dork
6/3/19 11:35 a.m.

That'll do it. 

It will be tough to get them out without going through the top coat. I think you'd be better off starting over or just buffing them with compound so they're at least shiny. 

Crackers
Crackers Dork
6/3/19 11:40 a.m.

If you do want to chase them out, I'd recommend against using a block or a DA. Use a small piece of paper and a finger tip to just blend the edges. Just be careful not to try and sand the bottom of the craters as that will be your thinnest spot. 

Maybe use something like a pencil eraser. (big pink one, not a pencil top one) 

Make the work surface just barely bigger than the fisheyes and flat. Work in tiny circles, again, avoiding the bottom of the craters. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/3/19 11:45 a.m.

No matter what I think you need to keep the same green. I love how it's not like a factory color. Dare to be different, not that you have any issues with that. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/3/19 1:12 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

The funky green is staying. So no worries there!

Crackers: ill try that! There is about 1/2 gallon of paint (2 quarts after mixing the paint and thinner at 1:1) sprayed on this thing. The paint itself us smoothing well, though the fisheye craters are a problem. I THINK i have enough paint thickness to sand them out, but will try the finger method you proposed first. Blow through is not a problem i want. Luckily they seem to omly be on the decklid and passengers quarter, but i havent gone over the whole job with a fine tooth comb yet.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/3/19 1:37 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to Stampie :

will try the finger method you proposed first. Blow through is not a problem i want.

I'm giggling. 

Dusterbd13-michael
6/3/19 1:52 p.m.
Stampie said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to Stampie :

will try the finger method you proposed first. Blow through is not a problem i want.

I'm giggling. 

Stiffness!!!

Dusterbd13-michael
6/4/19 7:51 a.m.

Well, i started a wetsanding and buffing thread over on the main forum. So far, im learning a LOT.

Dusterbd13-michael
6/4/19 1:34 p.m.

I hope this stuff washes off. Its EVERYWHERE. 

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/4/19 1:47 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Dont get it on your ...

Dusterbd13-michael
6/5/19 7:19 a.m.

if you're goung to make a paint run, make a good one. Outlined in blue tape. One continuous run. And a little one up front. This is todays goal. Think im going to try to find 800 grit sanding discs for the da for the hood orange peel. 

Dusterbd13-michael
6/6/19 7:58 a.m.

starting to like what i see! This is drivers door done at 1000 grit. 1500 and 2000 yet before buffing. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/6/19 8:40 a.m.

Awesome job!  I really look forward to seeing how this turns out.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/19 8:41 a.m.

nice work!

Dusterbd13-michael
6/6/19 9:07 a.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:

Same here! This is my first start to finish paint and body job completely solo. Im already happier with it than i ever was with the amc, even if it's not the color i thought it would be. 

Angrycorvair  thanks! Really want it to look good since its slow.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/19 9:10 a.m.

Its looking great! You are getting it done. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/19 9:37 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Same here! This is my first start to finish paint and body job completely solo. Im already happier with it than i ever was with the amc, even if it's not the color i thought it would be. 

yeah, if you're gonna make people watch you run 16's in the quarter, at least give them something pretty to look at.

Dusterbd13-michael
6/6/19 10:19 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

yeah, if you're gonna make people watch you run 16's in the quarter, at least give them something pretty to look at.

I hope it's that fast

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/8/19 11:16 a.m.

There's no way a sound clip on the internet can do justice to the sounds this car makes when the throttle is blipped in person. laugh

Y'all are going to love this at the Challenge.

Dusterbd13-michael
6/8/19 11:20 a.m.

Thanks seth! Ive never heard it from other than the drivers seat or underhood. Sounds awesome there.

It was great to see you and the kids.

When you get back to texas, i have a challenge sticker request....

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
6/8/19 12:04 p.m.

Crawford, do I have to come down there and slap you ? Talk of hoping for 16 second quarters, hoping it's fast is silly. This thing has to have more power than mine had, and I went 14.81 without attempting a clutch drop or any other abuse. It will autocross well on the SM7s, too. I predict you'll be top 5 in combined autocross and drag times.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/8/19 12:49 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

There's no way a sound clip on the internet can do justice to the sounds this car makes when the throttle is blipped in person. laugh

Y'all are going to love this at the Challenge.

Damn right.  I have a 3400 in an rx7.  It sounds like a rowdy old school Busch car.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/8/19 12:50 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

Crawford, do I have to come down there and slap you ? Talk of hoping for 16 second quarters, hoping it's fast is silly. This thing has to have more power than mine had, and I went 14.81 without attempting a clutch drop or any other abuse. It will autocross well on the SM7s, too. I predict you'll be top 5 in combined autocross and drag times.

I'm guessing high 13 or better.

Dusterbd13-michael
6/8/19 2:18 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

If it breaks into the Thirteen's I will spray it into the 12 second bracket if they'll let me do it with my safety gear.

Warren: I legitimately hope this thing is as good as everybody thinks it's going to be. It honestly doesn't feel like a top-five car in my opinion.

Dusterbd13-michael
6/8/19 5:25 p.m.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/8/19 6:08 p.m.

I love the green!

1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x2LuhjTH8F4YGM5ZURFCwI2tZYhCfTVkAzeBak2LKSeFAzt5dnHTkS42QUtRy85u