maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/2/19 10:57 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Good luck! 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/2/19 1:48 p.m.

Not happening tonight. Track is probably not even opening due to weather. Pouring like piss out of a boot there....

Guess i spend time on aero instead!

spoiler starts with random curved metal tubing i found on trash day. I think it was some outdoor decoration thing. 

Dusterbd13-michael
8/4/19 8:31 a.m.

Significant changes inbound. 

Roll bar weight is right at 100lbs. Or was....

Dusterbd13-michael
8/4/19 10:00 a.m.

teaser. Because i ran out of stuff for the moment....

I REALLY like the contrast between the black carpet and tan interior. Really really really like it.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
8/4/19 10:17 a.m.

Black carpet really makes the tan parts "pop"smiley

Dusterbd13-michael
8/4/19 10:32 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

That is exactly what i am going for. Did black carpet and red interior in my 64 el Camino and LOVED IT. this is shaping up to be similar 

Dusterbd13-michael
8/4/19 1:58 p.m.

finally homing in on a spoiler designi like. 

And the car got the stampie seal of approval!

Dusterbd13-michael
8/5/19 6:27 p.m.

So, i traded the roll bar i built that won't clear a soft top for a hard dog duece AND a soft top and plastics and rain rail . Couldn't have begged for better!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/19 6:33 p.m.

Challenge level: Veteran

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/5/19 7:23 p.m.

Was cool to see this in person yesterday. The engine install really pops in person at how OEM it looks. Not just in the fab work but how it just perfectly fits the space. 

Dusterbd13-michael
8/5/19 7:36 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Im really proud of what dad and i built. We've always liked sleepers, and this is a pretty good one. 

Angrycorvair: nah. Intermediate. Im not nearly ready to play with the big dogs. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/5/19 8:00 p.m.

Bull shhhh.   It.

This car is awesome!

Did I tell you I'm going for a 3500?  I'll let you know it goes...  just in case you want some more horsepuppies.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/5/19 8:19 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Please do! What I really wonder about is whether the headers and the oil pan I made would fit on a 3500. Everything else I can make work. I think.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/5/19 8:33 p.m.

Also, ill get picturesof the score in the morning. I left the house at 4:30am and just got home. 400 miles in the truck, meeting with the state, and trading makes for a hell of a busy day..  

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/6/19 1:32 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Please do! What I really wonder about is whether the headers and the oil pan I made would fit on a 3500. Everything else I can make work. I think.

At that point you’ll probably want to see about mounting a Nissan diff for the better gearing 

Dusterbd13-michael
8/6/19 6:11 a.m.

Yeah, gearing is definitely a post challenge option to look at. 

However,.im still at getting ready for Gainesville. I made more work for myself. Hopefully today i cam figure out a harness bar option with the new roll bar, and start getting the teunk painted. 

Dusterbd13-michael
8/6/19 7:36 a.m.

deuce, rain rail, plastic stuff, and the metal top/rainrail strips

canvas top with glass window in nb frame. Really, really dark tint.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/6/19 7:54 a.m.

You want pictures of how Hard Dog puts Harness tabs on their bars? Or are you going to weld a bar in? 

Dusterbd13-michael
8/6/19 8:04 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Honestly, im thinking about making a bolt in addition. Make a couple of saddles, weld to 1.5 tubing, bolt to trunk side of hoops kinda like a muffler clamp. Maybe even USE muffler clamps. That way my wrap style harnesses still work, and its removable for street use. I cant see how that would tear apart in a front end collision or rollover. Thoughts?

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
8/6/19 8:26 a.m.

Just weld a small stopper tab to the rear of the bar to prevent your harness bar from descending with a heavy load. The muffler clamps will work perfect used that way.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/6/19 8:40 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Won't i want to limit up and down travel  or am i overthinking it again? 

And i think i like the muffler clamp idea! Easy button!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
8/6/19 11:15 a.m.

The little tab goes just below the clamp saddle after you locate the vertical position. you could limit upward travel similarly, but I think it un-necessary. If you are hanging upside down it is the lap belt's job, downward pressure on the shoulders causes spinal compression.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/6/19 11:46 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Kind of what I thought. The shoulder straps are to limit forward movement, the seat back brace is to limit rearward movement, and the lap belts are to hold you in if it goes upside down. At least that's the way the forces work in my head. If I'm wrong please tell me otherwise.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/6/19 5:09 p.m.

Brush painting a trunk is interesting. And surprisingly difficult. Sometimes i wish i would leave well enough alone.....

1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rHVCTXgLVnnp4qQyVsP7PxakV7VaXxeBWdJkeUX7kbbulFUSIiud96e5Bny8TDkv