DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
10/30/14 1:42 p.m.

Before, after, and Porsche / CTSV.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/30/14 2:51 p.m.

In reply to Mad_Ratel:

Thanks for reposting those MR. That made me happy. You're back on the list.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/30/14 2:55 p.m.

Caddy on the left, Porsche on the right, RX7 on jack stands with the hood open in the "work area" behind the Caddy. Then it'll look a bit more "shop like".

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/30/14 3:02 p.m.
Ian F wrote: Caddy on the left, Porsche on the right, RX7 on jack stands with the hood open in the "work area" behind the Caddy. Then it'll look a bit more "shop like".

I like this. I tried to take this picture before I left to pick the Deucelings up from school but it's bright and sunny which leaves the back of the garage a cave. I'm going to get out my big camera and my fast lenses and try to shoot in light that is more even inside/outside. I think the shot should work.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Reader
10/30/14 3:23 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: In reply to Mad_Ratel: Thanks for reposting those MR. That made me happy. You're back on the list.

but which one is that?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/30/14 7:47 p.m.

Three pictures with the three lenses I have. Shot around dusk to make the interior visible. I need to organize things and turn the 911 around (and wash it) but these are my general options.

one320b
one320b New Reader
10/30/14 8:14 p.m.

First one is the best.. agree on turning the Porsche around though..

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/30/14 9:13 p.m.
one320b wrote: First one is the best.. agree on turning the Porsche around though..

+1.

Does this mean I'm off the list?

peter
peter Dork
10/30/14 11:27 p.m.
one320b wrote: First one is the best.. agree on turning the Porsche around though..

Got a tripod? Needs less shake, more DoF.

(edit)

Actually, on further reflection, the second one. Step back a couple feet to get the whole door in, plus a glimpse of the siding. The angle on this one adds more interest to the shot.

You'll still need a tripod and some time though :)

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/31/14 5:37 a.m.

Agree on the tripod. I like the second one too, but I'm basically standing on the wagon to take this shot. My favorite lens, but fixed focal length. I like the general composition of the first shot, hood in the air and the car clearly on jack stands. I think moving the cars in front farther apart would let me see more of that. I'm going to play with this a bit.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Reader
10/31/14 6:11 a.m.

I'd switch the wagon and the Porsche. You'll see more behind the Porsche than you do the wagon.

and I personally prefer the rear to the front of the Porsche... :D

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/31/14 7:09 a.m.

I'll try them switched around. My main concern with the 911 is actually Jack and the 12 gauge garage. I bef GRM would consider us in the same category, and he has a nicer garage, nicer photography, and a nicer 911.
Ah well, I do have more parking space and a couple of wagons, so there's always that.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/31/14 8:26 a.m.

Hmm... think you could move Fergie into the shot? Even if he's parked outside?

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Reader
10/31/14 9:32 a.m.

hell looks like he has space to have the 911 sandwhiched between the two wagons...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
11/10/14 5:01 p.m.

The in-laws are staying upstairs now. They claim to be very happy with the accommodations. I'm happy because I get to sleep in my own bed instead of on an inflatable mattress in the living room. It's a win win. I could have tried to sneak a picture of them sleeping but that seemed a bit creepy.
Spent the day dragging branches from the trees that were cut down hudreds of posts ago. Father in law supervised the burning. Dog watched him. We all stayed safe.
I'm headed to Michigan tomorrow to shut up the cottage for the year. Bit of a winter storm brewing. Supposed to be 6-10 inches of snow between now and when I pull in the driveway tomorrow. Hoping it hasn't gotten cold enough yet for the pipes to burst. Should be an adventure.

Winston
Winston HalfDork
11/10/14 10:11 p.m.

Safe travels... You taking the \Vader-wagon?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
11/11/14 6:32 a.m.

Flying most of the way. My in-laws flew out of the same airport I'm flying into. I'll grab their car and drive up. I always feel like a spy when I fly in and take a car out of long term parking that I didn't put there.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
12/1/14 5:09 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Tree guy is here. Unfortunately the big pine tree fell about three feet too far to the left and landed right in the crotch of an oak tree that I didn't necessarily want gone. That big splinter sticking up is the oak tree. More room to park I guess and since he had to take it down, it was free. Which is sort of nice I suppose. I put the tape measure on the cut base of the pine before he started cutting it up and it was 90 feet to the crown. It was a very big tree. As soon as he gets that cut up there is only one more to come down and then it's building time! First boards up this weekend? Hopefully.

Remember last year when the tree guy came and made a mess? I just pushed it all off to the side and said I'd worry about it later. Well, later was this week. My back yard has never been cleaner. The brush pile that has been there for 14 years is gone. Yes, I did use fire. Many small very controlled fires. After Christmas it will be time to move on to the next part of the build, more covered parking!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
1/13/15 2:33 p.m.

Christmas, three birthdays, lice on the Deucelings, a brain tumor and it's removal for my mother in law, it's been busy.
I finally put Lloyd back together enough to drive out of the garage. I still need to put the belts in and get two more bolts for the seat, but he's outside for a bit.
I need to clean this up. I started with a clean garage and a dirty car. The car got cleaner and the garage got dirtier until they met at a mid point that was still a lot dirtier than was fun. Time to clean.
But first time to organize my tools. I spent way more time than is normal searching for tools during this project. No more! I'm starting to organize.
First I'm hanging things. I'm pretty happy with this now, but I'll work with it a bit and see how I like it. I've never been organized before, I'm kind of overwhelmed.

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
1/13/15 2:40 p.m.

Wow, that third-last shot really sells how deep this garage is.

It came out great, what an amazing place to work.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
1/14/15 3:02 p.m.

Laid out the strings for the other parking. It's going to be 19x48. If I put the piers 8 feet apart on the long side I open up an interesting idea. I could cut down a few trees, spread a TON of gravel, and have five 8x19 foot bays. I'm planning on entering on the short side for now, but the possibility is intriguing. I'd have to buy more cars......

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/15/15 10:01 a.m.

You going to do a flat roof here?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/15/15 10:12 a.m.

19x48... what I'd give for that kind of covered space... combined with the rest of the grosh, the whole structure would be larger than my entire back yard...

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Dork
1/15/15 10:58 a.m.

Keeps getting better.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
1/15/15 3:06 p.m.
hobiercr wrote: You going to do a flat roof here?

It's going to drop 3.5 feet over 20. Not flat, but flat-ish. I might have to blow the leaves off every now and again.

1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 107

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7EhbtjJKnlF59Wina0MHomTgrmAqTDDI6wKLhEJi0nojk6krQazRG5m0Wy0JstNf