1 2 3 4
aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/18/15 8:36 a.m.

We are aware of this , but this build thread is about the car.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/18/15 12:20 p.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

Of course the thread is about the car. But READING the thread is about trying to discern your intentions.

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
10/18/15 2:10 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Trying to discern Steve's intentions can be be a dangerous thing...

I tried it once, and I'm still trying to get my shoes shipped back from Mexico.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
10/29/15 9:33 a.m.

So, how did this year go? I have not found any on-line video of the drags or slaloms with the MGB. Surely someone has footage?

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel HalfDork
10/29/15 10:27 a.m.

See thread in general area bout broken motor and aussie having to buy another car in FL for the challenge.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
10/29/15 12:03 p.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote: See thread in general area bout broken motor and aussie having to buy another car in FL for the challenge.

Missed that! Explains the lack of coverage.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
10/29/15 12:13 p.m.

Found the thread where he wants to buy a car while on the way down. Any conclusion to the story? Did Steve buy the Jag? Did hilarity ensue in any form?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/29/15 6:00 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME:

Drama, but not hilarity.

Steve ended up spending the weekend in a Metro, with a big smile on his face the entire time.

He and I were the last to leave the hotel, and I had to assist him in recovering from some roadside drama when the Metro decided to prematurely exit the trailer on I-95 heading northbound (at speeds far in excess of anything it had accomplished at the Challenge!)

No one was hurt, no car damage, but both of us seriously overdosed our daily allowance of adrenelaine considering the near-miss, and reloading the car on the trailer!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
10/30/15 12:33 a.m.

Steve, I totally read all your posts in my head with an Aussie accent now that I've met you.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel HalfDork
10/30/15 5:51 a.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: Steve, I totally read all your posts in my head with an Aussie accent now that I've met you.

You didnt already? His SN is AUSSIE STeve... Being South African, I take Steve Erwin and add a bit of a dick attitude to it. Damn Wallabies.

(I'm totally joking.)

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/30/15 6:12 p.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote:
sethmeister4 wrote: Steve, I totally read all your posts in my head with an Aussie accent now that I've met you.
You didnt already? His SN is AUSSIE STeve... Being South African, I take Steve Erwin and add a bit of a dick attitude to it. Damn Wallabies. (I'm totally joking.)

No E36 M3, I think that is a perfect description of me, snarl...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
2/11/16 8:20 p.m.

Finally got to trace the issues with the MGB today, we got it to crank and even fire but it would not run, we played with timing, checked spark, fuel is really old and needs to be changed and ran down the wiring.

Nothing would let it settle down and run, checking the oil led to a discovery though, yeah milky oil. Combined with the pushrod jumping off the rocker makes us think it was being run on nitrous and backfired, therefore jumping the pushrod and damaging the head gasket.

The thing is, it should not have been running on nitrous at the time. (That is another story though)

So now we need another upper gasket set and to do some close inspections on the pushrod but otherwise the problem might be easier than we were afraid of.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/20/16 8:58 p.m.

It's alive, running and all gears working

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/20/16 9:00 p.m.

Team Razorback will be present and accounted for, we will be bringing a surprise or two.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ucZj2hrddUlJzwogv4VbQDz6qN90f3PU2ADkyirsqXTGdFAATfFuVTn25xdGIVOc