MidgetRoadster
MidgetRoadster None
1/20/13 10:37 p.m.

New to the site..

Building a 77 Midget with a carb'd draw-through turbo rotary and a 3.90 Miata Rear diff..

The goal is 1500,lbs in street trim with about 230-250 hp..

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/20/13 10:59 p.m.

Looking forward to this. It is exactly what I am thinking about for my next project (minus the turbo and carb).

MidgetRoadster
MidgetRoadster New Reader
1/20/13 11:06 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Hi Evan, going to keep It old School and very simple. Bryan Feldman style www.bryanf.com

Thank you for your Interest.You can check out the progress on my ride..as I am having trouble posting pics with my mac..on this site just in the reply/post area..

William

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/20/13 11:09 p.m.

Old school and simple is always good. I just want a bridgeported 13b with megasquirt in mine.

If you have the pics hosted on photobucket or a similar site you can click the camera icon above the post box and paste the photo url there.

MidgetRoadster
1/20/13 11:13 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

I will have to open a site to host the pics as they are all on my laptop only..Thank you for the advice.

William

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/21/13 9:34 a.m.

draw-thru = wet compressor. make sure you choose your turbo wisely. not all turbos can handle fuel on the seals.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd Reader
1/21/13 12:59 p.m.

Well, good going, MG Midget. . . like I knew you should!

MidgetRoadster
1/21/13 1:16 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

Angry Corvair..

Thank you for the advice about the Turbo set-up..I have designed several systems in the past that run draw through systems..low boost, no intercooler, short runners, no computers..

Bryan's systems are with-out question the finest set-ups I have ever seen.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/21/13 1:25 p.m.

I feel like you are stalking me..

Good luck on your build.
Mine has unfortunately stalled out due to family obligations and building a new garage. I should be back at it soon.

My original plan involved a Draw through Superchared setup for the 12a. Ended up getting a good deal on here on the 13B w/ Megasquirt that It has in it now

MidgetRoadster
1/21/13 1:35 p.m.

In reply to nocones:

I want to thank you for your advice on my car's construction plans..Your car's design is truly awe inspiring. After speaking to Mark Warner, author of Street Turbocharging..I should hit my HP mark without the complications of fuel Injection..

Hopefully..

Everyone at Locost is looking forward to seeing your car nocones..They look so forward to the updates, me included.

Talk soon

AngryCorvair
1/21/13 1:50 p.m.
MidgetRoadster wrote: In reply to AngryCorvair: Angry Corvair..Are you really a brake systems Engineer.. The only reason I ask, I am a Chemical Engineer for Williams Racing, I hold several Patents for Brake system design.

did i say something to make you think i'm not?

yes, i'm an applications engineer, so haven't done any component design but have done a lot of system sizing etc.

welcome!

MidgetRoadster
1/21/13 1:59 p.m.

There are just so few of us around that work in this Industry.

AngryCorvair
1/21/13 3:56 p.m.

In reply to MidgetRoadster:

looks pretty neat. i confess to not reading the whole document, so may i ask how the friction is retained on the removable backer?

MidgetRoadster
1/21/13 4:43 p.m.

I decided the post should go to the off topic section. You see in the drawing pics on Reader's rides, the cut lines..I plan to cut off the rear fins, I will call them that, and cut about a foot off the rear overhang right after the rear flare..

I am going to take several inches off the windshield as well to turn It into a real roadster..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X7G2yRb87fuEZN7VJi7iDmwbwlwBUWWPfWw7W2KMqVaaXpQ5MRrlICCTwdkPzu2a