1 ... 3 4 5
RossD
RossD MegaDork
3/6/18 10:46 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

I'm guessing 7-10 cans into that 30 pack.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/18 10:54 a.m.

Mouse continues to breathe 20+ seconds post-hit.  Probably trying to figure out WTF was in that peanut butter.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/6/18 11:25 a.m.

I want slow motion video. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
3/13/18 7:45 p.m.

No Mouser triggers in over seven days, no hits on bait either. Just might be outta mice. indecision

Mouser will stay in service tho as it's gone five days before w/ no triggers, bait or trail cam action. Maybe the rainy season will push in more. Mice are a regular thing here w/ over two acres of woods out back, can't get away from that no matter the amount of trying to seal up the house. Could be Mama Mouse is nursing pups in the nest too.

Had a theory about that. Just like a doe or bear sow will push out the juveniles when a new brood comes in I imagine mice could do the same. Once on their own the juveniles will act a fool, getting into all kinds mischief. That could explain the juvenile mice coming upstairs exploring and on food raids. Not that the house is unkempt tho, they just follow their nose.

Not missing the pitty-patter of little feet but I do miss the tha-whack of the Mouser firing. devil

Been a good Mouser season. Several misses at first led to tweaking and tuning the Mouser w/ air supply, barrel clamp, reflector and sensor aim, leveling, bait tactics and ammo. I gotta call the Mouser a win w/ six confirmed kills. That would be consistent w/ the Victor bait trap campaigns. Dunno if downsizing the Mouser is actually worth it now that bait will lure 'em in. Could be a project for next winter tho.

Still gonna do a ammo shootout w/ eraser tips, 5/16 steel shot, Rev's 3D printed ammo and drywall screws suggested earlier. Not gonna happen indoors tho after bouncing projectiles all over the kitchen. I'll set up a bench test w/ foam board in the garage when the weather improves and the Mustang moves outdoors again. Remote push button on a long cord will be safer and shop air at 100 psi will keep tests consistent. This oughta be FUN... like a grade school kid at the science fair. It's all scientific ya know. laugh

Have a few idears for another build. While I'd like to hunt w/ motion sensors, WiFi cam and an Airsoft RC tank w/ laser it's not very practical, these mice are crazy paranoid and just too fast as I learned from watching the trail cam videos. Maybe an outdoor version tho just to berkeley with the ground hogs... call it the Groundhogger. Really wanna build a RC tank now, not toy size tho, and it gotta be fast. Not interested in killing outdoor critters tho, maybe a wifi cam. I likes my rabbits, squirrels, birds and even the groundhogs. Deer, turkey and hawks show up occasionally too. Close up video would be a win. 

More on that later, could be next winters build tho. Gonna be warming here soon, gotta get ready for garage season and outdoor work. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
3/14/18 9:51 p.m.

Found these control valves and cylinders in another box of my pneumatics stash. That gives me idears...

Mouser II   ?

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/16/18 11:31 a.m.

This has been a fun ride, looking forward to updates!

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3SiY11ndPYai2HHuIyFgZFcM1CX9IoCxpeN3ZkLgFK27cotKcenVOZ3IkNVObqZR