MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/25/19 10:36 a.m.

Might as well start a build thread for my cars.  I currently only have 2 vehicles since I sold my 95 M to BoxheadTim, that will change soon....

Cars: 

2017 ND1 RF Club w/ BBS/Brembo and appearance package. Purchased as a New 17 in Feb 19.

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser. 428k miles on it currently. Purchased in June 18 with 420k miles.

Rallycross car will likely be a NA or NB since I have a brand new from Mazda hardtop for them. TBD.

MrChaos
5/25/19 10:52 a.m.

What I have done to the land cruiser so far is, I removed the front bug guard cause they are stupid, I also removed the side steps. Not pictured.

The horn stopped working in January after we got 6 inches of rain in a day. It decided it wanted to stay on all the time so i just pulled the fuse for it. Fast forward to last weekend, My dad and I resolved it and wired a horn to a button on the dash so I could pass the safety inspection so I could renew my registration for the year.

I used a harness with button that I got off Amazon that is meant for a sxs or an off road buggy with a pair of your basic Hella universal horns.

The harness had to be modified to reduce the length of some of the wires.

What a 428k mile engine bay looks like.

I have also ordered 5 tires for it. Replacing the stock size Michilen LTX A/T2 tires(275/70r16) with a set of General Grabber X3 M/T's in 285/75r16.

On the ND1 RF front. I installed the Flyin Miata weighted delrin shift knob and the Verus sound tube delete.

the shift knob just falls into my hand better than the stock one and wont burn me.  I am going to look into pulling the stupid silver ring from the base of the shifter and paint it/do something to make it not be like a mirror in the sun.

16oz = 1lb  It also sounds better in the car and since I drive the ND1 80ish miles a day it will be nice.

MrChaos
5/25/19 11:07 a.m.

ordered some vinyl to wrap the shift trim in the miata

Masonrk
Masonrk New Reader
5/25/19 12:59 p.m.

You planning to get the ND on track at all or is it more of a cruiser? 

Beautiful cars, I've got a serious love for those ND's. I'll need to try and drive one, someday. Maybe in 10 years I'll buy one as an autocrosser - how the tides would turn! 

Mason

MrChaos
5/25/19 1:32 p.m.
Masonrk said:

You planning to get the ND on track at all or is it more of a cruiser? 

Beautiful cars, I've got a serious love for those ND's. I'll need to try and drive one, someday. Maybe in 10 years I'll buy one as an autocrosser - how the tides would turn! 

Mason

no it is my daily. I drive it 80 miles a day 5 days a week. I'm not that interested in track stuff anyway. Rallycross is more of what I am interested in.

SiF
SiF New Reader
5/25/19 5:46 p.m.

I've got a 1999 100 series that I'm currently baselining now, but DD'd it all fall. I redid the entire front end and currently doing some rust repair since it's a New England truck, but interested to see someone else working on one here.

MrChaos
5/25/19 5:54 p.m.

In reply to SiF :

realistically mine needs a new starter. The first was replaced at 189k so this one has 240k on it and its about time for it to die.

MrChaos
5/28/19 12:22 p.m.

So I wrapped the shift trim of my ND and I think it came out really well.

It is a black camo vinyl rather than carbon fiber like everyone else does.

And installed. I think it looks much better than the silver trim.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/19 1:40 p.m.

You could say it's camouflaged.

I'll see myself out.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
5/28/19 6:05 p.m.

camo looks good. 

Land Cruiser looks better :D

MrChaos
5/30/19 1:10 p.m.

New Tires on the Land Cruiser. General Grabber X3's in 285/75r16 up from 275/70r16 stock size.  I have ordered a yellow box to fix the speedo.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/19 1:13 p.m.

Thoes look great! 

MrChaos
6/2/19 5:07 p.m.

Took the land cruiser off roading at a local spot and got some trail damage from a fallen tree that had been cut to jeep width. Just full sized off roader things.

MrChaos
6/21/19 8:31 a.m.

I am thinking for the rallycross car.

My number 1 idea right now is a NB automatic with a FM stage 1 turbo kit. It would be next year before I do anything though as I am pay off the RF first.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
6/21/19 9:44 a.m.

Great 100. I just sold mine with 535k on mud forum 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NMXGhviffXsb06ozqd7gLGoHpwymtOa6ri9MycswXprX5ZRwojVUZcXAEFr8VLe1