1 ... 3 4 5
Mike924
Mike924 Reader
7/18/19 7:52 a.m.

I picked up a couple cans of this in black.  I will be taking the carpet out tonight and scrubbing it down with a wire brush to try and get most of the dirt and grime out of it.  Then maybe a quick spray with the hose, let it dry for a day and then spray it black.  Pictures to come. 

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/dupli-color-high-performance-vinyl-and-fabric-paint-0473603p.html#srp

adam525i
adam525i Reader
7/18/19 10:54 a.m.

I can't remember if I used that or something similar on the parcel shelf in my E28, the key to getting it to look decent is to spray it on and then really rub it in with a stiff brush, otherwise it won't come out even.

Good luck,

Adam

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
7/18/19 11:22 a.m.
adam525i said:

I can't remember if I used that or something similar on the parcel shelf in my E28, the key to getting it to look decent is to spray it on and then really rub it in with a stiff brush, otherwise it won't come out even.

Good luck,

Adam

Maybe need to get another BBQ Wire brush to use in order to rub it in fully then.  Not sure the Mrs. would appreciate me using the current one.  LOL

adam525i
adam525i Reader
7/18/19 11:38 a.m.

One of those stiff plastic scrubber brushes worked for me, I think something with metal bristles might be too aggressive.  You just want ot move the die and carpet fibres around so that it evenly coats all everything and not just the fibres that happens to be facing out. Speed Academy did a video where Pete tried this product on some suede seats and the vacuuming marks were permanently left in them as he just sprayed it on after cleaning without rubbing it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlxeUYNrdEg&t=283s

Adam

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
8/18/19 2:15 p.m.

Finally got off my rump, cleaned and painted the rear carpet of the 924.  

How it started.

halfway through painting

And full paint laid out

Small steps to making it look it's best.

1 ... 3 4 5
Our Preferred Partners
lc0xTMtp0Pn4kzFqjsOSxPZ6BlQoIWQj2atoDx1VER81GZvkmBYY805L2PKTE3b9