1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/21/12 5:29 a.m.
anjaloveshervw wrote: I think that next year you'll all see me with my rabbit :)

Great! We can swap Rabbit stories, tips, rides, etc.

If we can find someone to bring a third bunny, we'll be like Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/21/12 10:17 a.m.

The someone would need to build a V8-powered one so you could have a Thumper too :)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/21/12 10:43 a.m.

Damn.... Those rabbits do multiply fast...

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw New Reader
9/22/12 12:46 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Damn.... Those rabbits *do* multiply fast...

AAHAHAHA! You guys are hilarious :) !!!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
9/22/12 7:18 p.m.

This is awesome, but I can't wait for the Samurai build!

anjaloveshervw
9/23/12 12:08 a.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: This is awesome, but I can't wait for the Samurai build!

LOL its not going to be a huge deal like this one, I just want to swap a VW diesel into it :-) And a spring over and some gnarly wheels.... same thing you can see in the Mountains here in Oregon any day!!! ;) But yeah, I am psyched for it!

anjaloveshervw
9/23/12 12:20 a.m.

Alright, all, riddle me this....

So, don't mind the axles, they're all good...

What we have here is a picture of a couple of things that fit up between my oil pan and my crankcase. Item #1 is the black plastic thing, and the golden bronzey thing (#2) is the new Windage tray/oil pan gasket that I got from German Auto Parts.

NOW!

I bought #2 thinking that it was a replacement for the black plastic thingy, which sits up around the oil pump all snug, has that little baffle piece, and does kind of the same oil scraping action to the crankshaft, BUT only goes about halfway across.

2 obviously goes all the way across and covers the whole thing, so does its job better, I can only assume (having never driven with either of them, just getting a recommendation from someone, then reading about it in Greg Raven's book)

SO.

I install #2 in place of #1, put on the oil pan, and life is good.... until my room mate at my old place sees the old plastic piece in a pile of parts and says, basically, that OMG that piece needs to go in there. Well... I remember trying to put them BOTH on, and seriously, did NOT work.

I looked at the dumb plastic thing (#1) again last night and decided, well, maybe I'll give it another effort, maybe I didn't try hard enough the first time to figure out how they both fit together....

Nope.

Both pieces DO NOT fit on, I swear!!! I swear it!

But I am having a hard time letting this go... I know how important oil delivery is, and I am new to all this...

Will someone please help me out?

Do I need both pieces?

Do I have to modify one or both to have them both fit, or is there a way to get them both on there that I don't know of??

And seriously, do they not both serve the same purpose?? Umm... duh??

Just had to ask.... just had to.

anjaloveshervw
9/23/12 12:20 a.m.

Oh, and by the way everybody, Monday is my Birthday :-)

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
9/23/12 7:02 a.m.

You only need the metal one. The plastic one is the original equipment version and is replaced by the metal version. If you can find a copy of Per Schroeder's book "Volkswagen Sport Tuning for Street and Competition" there's a good picture of both on page153.
...and "Happy Birthday !!", too.

anjaloveshervw
9/23/12 10:39 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk:

Thats what I thought, thank you :)

Yes, I'd like his book.... I'll have to start saving my pennies!!

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/12 10:47 a.m.

Happy early birthday.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/23/12 9:28 p.m.

Modifying your oil sump it looks like. Replacing a restrictive well with one giving you a better flow maybe. Its kind of hard to tell the dynamics of the old one due to the fact that it is black and it looks like you took the photo with your phone.

Happy birthday.

midknight
midknight Reader
9/24/12 4:13 p.m.

Happy Birthday!!! Awesome project!

isaacsvwgti
isaacsvwgti New Reader
9/24/12 5:55 p.m.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VW BUDDY LOL

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/24/12 10:07 p.m.

Happy Birthday, Anja!

Sorry you're not closer. I'd toss you the keys to Roger.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
9/24/12 10:13 p.m.

Great to see another person from PDX on the forum, I'll keep an eye out for the rabbit when you get that bad boy done! I am out on the west side, but hopefully if I see your car anywhere its ripping up a parking lot! You ever gone out to the Bible Creek Hill Climb? It's a great event and a fun drive, I'll be at next years event for sure!

-Josh

anjaloveshervw
9/24/12 10:44 p.m.
CLNSC3 wrote: Great to see another person from PDX on the forum, I'll keep an eye out for the rabbit when you get that bad boy done! I am out on the west side, but hopefully if I see your car anywhere its ripping up a parking lot! You ever gone out to the Bible Creek Hill Climb? It's a great event and a fun drive, I'll be at next years event for sure! -Josh

Josh,

Yeah! I am new this year to the West Coast, but even though my car wasn't done (she's a girl, btw ;) hehe) I was there volunteering! I was the start girl!! I will be at Maryhill this coming weekend also. :)

Truly, yes, what a fantastic time!!

And absolutely keep an eye out for me. Not too much more to do to her, really, just a few things left here and there. You'll see me soon enough... and watch out ;) I'm not too bad on the race track!

anjaloveshervw
9/24/12 10:45 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Happy Birthday, Anja! Sorry you're not closer. I'd toss you the keys to Roger.

Aren't you fabulous!!! I want to make it out therenext year.... maybe we'll even be able to swap VW keys and talk rabbits. Don't I know that I have much to learn !! :)

Thanks for the Bday wished, I am 26 today! :-)

anjaloveshervw
9/24/12 10:46 p.m.
isaacsvwgti wrote: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VW BUDDY LOL

HAHA thanks!

I'd text you thanks if only I was up to date with the 21st century.... :-/ lol

Spinout007
9/25/12 1:39 a.m.

Did you get your subscription? :)

isaacsvwgti
isaacsvwgti New Reader
9/25/12 3:33 p.m.

In reply to anjaloveshervw: haha

anjaloveshervw
9/25/12 8:48 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: Did you get your subscription? :)

YES!!!! Yes, I did. Along with the newest version of Greg Raven's book (so I can return my borrowed one and write and highlight in mine!) as well as Per's book!! I scored this year :D

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/25/12 10:57 p.m.
anjaloveshervw wrote:
Spinout007 wrote: Did you get your subscription? :)
YES!!!! Yes, I did. Along with the newest version of Greg Raven's book (so I can return my borrowed one and write and highlight in mine!) as well as Per's book!! I scored this year :D

Waiddaminnit..you found a copy of Per's book? Every time I order one online, I get the usual stuff about being it being backordered (IOW: "we lied about having one in stock so you would click on our website..").

Should I just give up and look for used copies?

Spinout007
9/26/12 2:25 a.m.

Anja glad to hear it.

FGC I got my copy through amazon, brand new. Passed it on when I sold my challenger. Though this thread has me contemplating another vw.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/26/12 6:01 p.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

Would you like your VW back?

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1pLLKxtcbvr9LG8HE7N1pOf53PvMMgRiOQwFQSu8Cga4f9iDLzNnI4MGaWPWmP27