1 ... 7 8 9
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
5/25/13 2:54 p.m.

Hi there, huge Rabbit fan from Quebec Canada here. When I was a bit younger, I went by an old lady driving a mint '81 Rabbit. I was looking for an MK2 Scirocco 16V back then but I knew I had to have that car. I chased her down, offered her 1000$ for the car and she took the bait. Stripped the care to bare chassis, seam welded the whole thing, put a cage in it and rebuilt the interior with a Corrado dash and seats. I put a 2.0L with a 1.8L 16V head on it, painted it Kawasaki green and terrorized the Mustang/Camaro community for while. Then, I ditched the injection and went with 2 double Mikkuni carbs blown trough by a G60 supercharger and started to scare even the modified Stangs and the likes. Then came upgrade #3, Audi TT dash and center console + complete drivetrain (including AWD) Sold the car for 12K and have been regretting it for the last 15 years.

I just read trough your whole tread and just love your project. May I add that you are an awesome girl and I wish you all the best with work, life and your little VW. Yours is an inspiring tale of working hard in less than optimal conditions, never giving up and success. Kudos to you as you are the quintessential definition of what it is to be a TRUE car enthusiast.

If you ever make it back east (with or without Gaïa) to see your relatives and friends, please tell me. I'd love to meet you in person and, if possible, see the product of your hard work and determination with my own eyes. My friends and me often cross the border to go ride or drive the New England mountain roads, would be nice to meet someone truly cool such as yourself along the ride

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/25/13 3:00 p.m.

welcome. you sound like you will fit right in

Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris New Reader
5/25/13 3:05 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: welcome. you sound like you will fit right in

If that was addressed to me, thank you very much for the welcome. I haven't owned a VW since but I will get an other MK1 someday. I'm deep into BMWs now...

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/25/13 3:07 p.m.

It was. Lots of the guys here have a strong DIY streak, and rabbits are old enough to interest many folks around here. Feel free to throw up a build with pictures to show us what you've done to your current BMW.

Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris New Reader
5/25/13 3:13 p.m.

It's an 2001 E36/8 chassis (read S54 powered M Coupe) I only have coilovers and sticky tires as of yet but have a second, crashed, one that I'm hoping of putting an LSsometin' engine in it... Also have a 240Z and an RB25DET to go in it.. I'll keep you guys posted.

Now, I'll stop bragging here, I don't want to commandeer this lovely lady's awesome thread.

Thanks again

Alex.

KRAZYHILLBILLY
KRAZYHILLBILLY None
5/25/13 5:14 p.m.

SWEET BUILD. I just got my 2.0 16 valve swap in my 78 two door done and love it now to finish the syncro project that takes up my garage space.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
5/26/13 2:26 a.m.

Hey! I just realized you are in Portland, OR. My fiance and I moved here about 4 months ago, lovely place. Sadly work is sending me to San Francisco within the next few months, but not before I get an HPDE in @ PIR! Anywho, love the build thread, great car, keep fighting the good fight.

Winston
Winston HalfDork
5/26/13 4:37 p.m.

I really love how dedicated you are to your Rabbit. Those wheels are sweet! They look like rally wheels. What color are you planning on painting them? White?

Speedline Corse

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw Reader
5/28/13 1:41 p.m.
Winston wrote: I really love how dedicated you are to your Rabbit. Those wheels are sweet! They look like rally wheels. What color are you planning on painting them? White? Speedline Corse

Exactly why I like them!

And DUH! Of course white. Good guess :)

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw Reader
5/28/13 1:42 p.m.
accordionfolder wrote: Hey! I just realized you are in Portland, OR. My fiance and I moved here about 4 months ago, lovely place. Sadly work is sending me to San Francisco within the next few months, but not before I get an HPDE in @ PIR! Anywho, love the build thread, great car, keep fighting the good fight.

Thank you! And yeah, hopefully we'll run into each other at PIR :) I am aiming for the first Sunday AutoX in July. Hope to see you there.

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw Reader
5/28/13 1:42 p.m.
KRAZYHILLBILLY wrote: SWEET BUILD. I just got my 2.0 16 valve swap in my 78 two door done and love it now to finish the syncro project that takes up my garage space.

Nice!!!

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw Reader
5/28/13 1:46 p.m.
Chuck_Norris wrote: It's an 2001 E36/8 chassis (read S54 powered M Coupe) I only have coilovers and sticky tires as of yet but have a second, crashed, one that I'm hoping of putting an LSsometin' engine in it... Also have a 240Z and an RB25DET to go in it.. I'll keep you guys posted. Now, I'll stop bragging here, I don't want to commandeer this lovely lady's awesome thread. Thanks again Alex.

Ha! No worries! I appreciate you bumping my thread, and honestly, I like the inspiration. Hopefully someday I will have plenty of bragging rights myself. Something to aspire to.

Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris New Reader
5/28/13 9:08 p.m.
anjaloveshervw wrote: Ha! No worries! I appreciate you bumping my thread, and honestly, I like the inspiration. Hopefully someday I will have plenty of bragging rights myself. Something to aspire to.

Let me tell you somethin' right there young lady!! You have PLENTY of braggin right. Look at all of what you accomplished!!! Not to many people, girls even less so, would have jumped both feet first eyes closed in a colossal project they know nothing about like you did...

Damn, you even got a job out of it... Who else can brag about that???

Keep going, you are an amazing individual. Be proud of yourself and what you accomplished.

Alex.

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw Reader
5/29/13 1:18 a.m.
Chuck_Norris wrote:
anjaloveshervw wrote: Ha! No worries! I appreciate you bumping my thread, and honestly, I like the inspiration. Hopefully someday I will have plenty of bragging rights myself. Something to aspire to.

Let me tell you somethin' right there young lady!! You have PLENTY of braggin right. Look at all of what you accomplished!!! Not to many people, girls even less so, would have jumped both feet first eyes closed in a colossal project they know nothing about like you did...

Damn, you even got a job out of it... Who else can brag about that???

Keep going, you are an amazing individual. Be proud of yourself and what you accomplished.

Alex.

Well, like all of us, I have had plenty of help, encouragement, and horribly bad influences to get me here. :) A majority of them being on the other side of the country, sadly. And I'm not done yet, so something still could go terribly wrong. :/ I haven't counted my chickens yet.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/29/13 6:24 a.m.

I'm the mascot of things going horribly wrong. Sure they may, but as long as you survive, you'll bounce back. Keep up the good work and don't be like me, letting the broke ones sit around.

Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris New Reader
5/29/13 10:37 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I'm the mascot of things going horribly wrong. Sure they may, but as long as you survive, you'll bounce back. ...

And you'll have learned something new...

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw Reader
5/31/13 1:08 p.m.
Chuck_Norris wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: I'm the mascot of things going horribly wrong. Sure they may, but as long as you survive, you'll bounce back. ...

And you'll have learned something new...

... and then someday you'll be bringing your cars to ME to have the wiring completed on your motor swaps ;)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/31/13 1:16 p.m.
anjaloveshervw wrote:
Chuck_Norris wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: I'm the mascot of things going horribly wrong. Sure they may, but as long as you survive, you'll bounce back. ...

And you'll have learned something new...

... and then someday you'll be bringing your cars to ME to have the wiring completed on your motor swaps ;)

Well, we certainly wouldn't be DRIVING them to you.

Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris New Reader
5/31/13 7:17 p.m.
... and then someday you'll be bringing your cars to ME to have the wiring completed on your motor swaps ;)

THAT's the spirit!!!!

caduceus
caduceus
4/12/14 11:43 p.m.

I just read this great thread today, and I'm very impressed, Anja! And I'm wondering what has happened since May 2013. Is Gaia on the road again?

I hope the whole project is a complete success!

vwfreak
vwfreak None
4/21/14 12:26 p.m.

You are the sexiest person I've ever seen in my entire life. Can you be even perfect?

1 ... 7 8 9
Our Preferred Partners
l8nO92pZNuCaH1wmCFEOvmPEi0B0I6Pw4Wr36UpBBMZNUt5spIiKt3DDDkdRXc8r