1 ... 12 13 14 15
Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/24/15 9:11 p.m.

Phase 4

STICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Courtesy of Mazdeuce

I thought some fun would keep me from taking the truck too seriously, and when Mr. Mazdeuce offered to do some vinyl, I couldn't say no.

However, I still need to add one more (small one) from him, and I was planning on a few "Grassroots Motorsports" stickers I had, but do you think anyone would subscribe after seeing the truck it was on? Maybe I'd be doing them a disservice

Anyhoo, some fuel line, hose clamps, bolts, and stickers and I'll probably call the build. I've got an Alfa in the garage and a VERY limited garage time schedule. With what time I DO have I'd really like to work on a "hobby auto" for a change (if this thing'll do me a favor and stay together, that is).

I'll put up a few pictures of the last little bits as soon as I can get to the parts store.

Hungary Bill
9/24/15 9:15 p.m.

Mazdeuce, Woody, and Duster:

thanks guys! the baby mittens DO keep the baby from scratching himself. We left them off the first night and it looked like he got in a fight with a miniature cat

Almost forgot the most important stuff though:

Hungary Simon. 8lbs 12oz. He was nice enough to be born on September 1st so I won't have to try very hard to remember his birthday

What a good kid.

On a slightly funny note: He was having trouble falling asleep one night so I was rocking him while watching Alfa GTV6 trackday videos on youtube. Knocked him right out. Now I have a bit of a "Simon Sleep Playlist" that I use when I want him to go to sleep and stay asleep. Mostly Alfa v6's, few RX-7's, and so on.

Good times

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/24/15 9:33 p.m.

Awesome & congrats!!!

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/24/15 10:27 p.m.

I found that Rick Astley also lulls babies to sleep. Your idea seems more tolerable for the parent though.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/15 6:33 a.m.

It's important to note that at this point, he doesn't know that kids songs and lullabies exist. Listen to what you want and it will become kid music to him.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
9/25/15 6:43 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

That's how my daughter got an appreciation for three dog night and cast iron filter.

She has very diverse musical tastes now.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel HalfDork
9/25/15 7:36 a.m.

I have a set of classic rock played on a xylaphone. Fat Bottom Girls always puts my son to sleep!.

Hungary Bill
9/30/15 4:45 p.m.

I love Fat Bottom Girls! The song aint bad either.

So, guys... I think the truck's going to be sitting the way she is for a while. She's a good runner, she doesn't stall that often, and most of the time she gets me to where I need going.

That being said, this happened today:

If I do make any drastic changes to the truck, I'll be sure to pick this thread back up. Thanks everyone. For all the parts, help, and motivation. I really couldn't have done it with out ya.

End Part 1

-Bill

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/15 4:49 p.m.

I enjoyed this thread.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
9/30/15 4:59 p.m.

Glad you liked the stickers, let me know what else you need. Nothing wrong with playing with the kids and just driving the cars as they are for a while.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
9/30/15 5:09 p.m.

That's the second best thing I've ever seen in the bed of a Toyota.

The first would get me banhammered if I still had pictures.

Drive the truck and enjoy. But I will expect a ressurection of the Alfa thread.

Hungary Bill
9/30/15 6:27 p.m.

Mazdeuce: That 5hp sticker REALLY came in handy. This thing doesn't make a lot of power, and the hills in Seattle are REALLY a killer with the bed loaded down the way it is. I'm convinced those extra 5 horses were the deciding factor with me getting to work on time today

Duster: as you wish

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
9/30/15 6:44 p.m.

Thanks Bill. That makes the sadness that is the close of this thread a little easier to bear.

So how does it feel to have the one that got away back home and with you every day?

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/30/15 8:32 p.m.

Good stuff man! Congrats on the new addition, and the successful carb rebuild. Sad to see this thread end, I was using it for the occasional inspiration with the wife's S10.... I hate that thing.

Hungary Bill
9/30/15 10:02 p.m.

Duster: I absolutely love it. Flaws and all I had to drive the Impala for two days last week, and when it was time to drive the Toyota again it was like a breath of fresh air. The darn thing is just so damn fun and... well fun to drive! It's like the little engine that could!

Spinout: Well, you never know. There's still lots of work that needs doin. Who knows, maybe one day I'll have the disposable income I need to start buying fun parts for her

Speaking of which, I have one last favor to ask of you guys. If, in the odd chance, I ever get to talking about wanting to lift the truck and stuff some oversize tires under her. Would you please remind me that I may be giving up my engine hauling capability? I don't think my cherry picker has much left to give

java230
java230 Reader
10/1/15 10:00 a.m.

Sad to see this end.

I didnt realize your in the Seattle area, ill have to keep an eye out.

Hungary Bill
10/1/15 4:19 p.m.

In reply to java230:

You know, there seems to be a lot of us in the area. One of these days we're going to have a W-Washington GRM get together. Aclockworkgarage and I have been trying to get together for some single-malt for what seems like forever now. Maybe we can add a few GRMers to that list and kill a bottle or two.

bgkast
10/1/15 4:24 p.m.

I tried a few times with little sucess and mostly gave up.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine HalfDork
10/1/15 6:57 p.m.
bgkast wrote: I tried a few times with little sucess and mostly gave up.

There was interest in Burrito's fiat thread too- Burrito/ethnic food wrap enthusiast, Ditchdigger/jumper k. balls, Turboswede/Bruce, among others. I'm totally in. We need to nail down a time and place and get this thing going. Maybe look at meeting in Oly as a somewhat central point between our Portland and Seattle contingent.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/2/15 7:03 a.m.

Nice work!

Tunakid #1 loved to listen to Huey Lewis and the News.

bgkast
10/2/15 10:58 p.m.
Mezzanine wrote:
There was interest in Burrito's fiat thread too- Burrito/ethnic food wrap enthusiast, Ditchdigger/jumper k. balls, Turboswede/Bruce, among others. I'm totally in. We need to nail down a time and place and get this thing going. Maybe look at meeting in Oly as a somewhat central point between our Portland and Seattle contingent.

Maybe the Lemay museum?

Mezzanine
Mezzanine HalfDork
10/2/15 11:11 p.m.

In reply to bgkast:

I am definitely down with that! Come Monday, I think I'll throw a thread up to see if we can settle on some dates and places. Perhaps a survey monkey or something to get a good idea of preferences.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
10/3/15 6:20 a.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: I love Fat Bottom Girls! The song aint bad either. So, guys... I think the truck's going to be sitting the way she is for a while. She's a good runner, she doesn't stall that often, and most of the time she gets me to where I need going. That being said, this happened today: If I do make any drastic changes to the truck, I'll be sure to pick this thread back up. Thanks everyone. For all the parts, help, and motivation. I really couldn't have done it with out ya. End Part 1 -Bill

Wait...you are going to swap an Alfa engine into a Toyota truck? And to think some people consider ME crazy?!

Hungary Bill
10/3/15 6:56 p.m.
bgkast wrote:
Mezzanine wrote:
Maybe the Lemay museum?

I'm in. They might have a "cruise in" or something we can crash with "grm" type autos

Hungary Bill
10/19/15 8:50 a.m.

um... I may or may not have just posted a craigslist ad looking for crap tube bumpers, a used roll-bar, and broken KC lights. I think you guys know where this is going.

I blame the Statler Toyota ad.

(and yes. I ordered the license plate frame)

1 ... 12 13 14 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wruLuaJilEAxMWPdP2dp47QXPKNEJKP60bmQc64RupSv8QWoMyFrNSHpznL82rRY