1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 76
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/21/20 9:41 a.m.

Also, we should have the rest of the body panels ready by the weekend. 

This may actually be a car in a couple of weeks!!!

7/24/20 9:04 a.m.

So, brake pads were mounted a little odd on the drivers side.  I pulled it apart,  inspected,  and reassembled. They went back together like they were supposed to. Ill drive it at lench and see. I did a nut and bolt check too. Nothing loose so far!

7/24/20 9:06 a.m.

installed the strut bar,  fixed headlights,  etc. Getting close to real update time i believe. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/24/20 9:15 a.m.

When you started the body on this, you did say you wanted this to be above and beyond previous build efforts. I had no idea how high that bar was set.

Pete

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/24/20 9:16 a.m.

That really is looking sweet!

7/24/20 9:29 a.m.
NOHOME said:

When you started the body on this, you did say you wanted this to be above and beyond previous build efforts. I had no idea how high that bar was set.

Pete

And yet i see every flaw....

Its on par with the duster. Its coming out nice. And i appreciate the feedback! You, dherr, tvr scott, cousin  Eddie, and a few others are the goal of quality i have set for Myself. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

And yet i see every flaw....

Its on par with the duster. Its coming out nice. And i appreciate the feedback! You, dherr, tvr scott, cousin  Eddie, and a few others are the goal of quality i have set for Myself. 

I'm genuinely flattered.

And I see every flaw in my project - no, in my life.  I really need to learn to let things go sometimes...

Stu Lasswell
Stu Lasswell New Reader
7/24/20 3:26 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) :

When you accept that EVERYTHING we humans do is flawed, it gets easier to ignore the minor ones.

7/24/20 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Stu Lasswell :

Amen!!!!

7/24/20 3:35 p.m.

Also, the drivers side hub is bent. Bad. Found my noise! Time to dig is the spares stash. 

Also, the drivers side hub is bent. Bad. Found my noise! Time to dig is the spares stash. 

At least you absolutely know where your problem is.  Diagnosis is 90% of the cure.

7/24/20 4:11 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) :

May not be the entire problem,  but its definitely not right! Pretty sure that what im hearing is the caliper being kicked around on the slides causing the noise. 

Stu Lasswell
Stu Lasswell Reader
7/26/20 9:14 p.m.

Not really related to this build, but here's a shot of Dusterbd13 autocrossing a previous build yesterday at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
7/26/20 10:14 p.m.

Ok, the in car video at about 3:45 when you get on the gas, I think I get it now

7/27/20 12:00 p.m.

And the throttle isn't even opening the whole way! Nor did i wind it up yet due to the brake noise. It should pull STRONG to 7800 rpm. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
7/27/20 5:05 p.m.

Just gonna have to come up there in your old Miata and trade you for ride around the block

So, third times a charm. Front wheel drive wheel bearings are odd.

Add $35.99 to the budget. 

I also am swapping out an axle seal, as its leaking. Draining the trans fluid. it came out black. After a mile. Thats not good. 

Put it all back together this morning. 

Knocking noise is gone!

Still have more trouble shooting eith the shifter to do, as we as a high pitch ringing sort of rattle to find, etc. But coming along beautifully!

Just getting better every time. 

And it DOES pull hard to 7800rpm. I think it will be faster off the bottle than the miata. 

Happy to see it's coming together.   What's up with the transmission?  

8/4/20 12:58 p.m.

Not sure. I think its just accumulation of 25 years of dirt being flushed through. May have picked up off color from the greased cv axles i put in, trying to limit possible issues.

Shifter being off caught me by surprise. as i had it fixed. 

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Crossover adjustment, and run atf+4 in trans for a few hundred miles and drain and replace with sincromesh should do the trick with trans. 

That was my thought with crossover cable. Somehow i didn't adjust it right. or tighten it enough. Came out of whack.

This morning,  for the first time,  there are no drips under the car!

We also did a minor adjustment to the throttle body and got full throttle (the actuation cam is adjustable!)

Trans fluid is full, and looks clean on my finger. So, think ill run it for a minute. 

Topped off power steering gluid yesterday which seems to have cured the intermittent power steering assist. 

Getting awfully close to real update time. Isn't it?

That was my thought with crossover cable. Somehow i didn't adjust it right. or tighten it enough. Came out of whack.

This morning,  for the first time,  there are no drips under the car!

We also did a minor adjustment to the throttle body and got full throttle (the actuation cam is adjustable!)

Trans fluid is full, and looks clean on my finger. So, think ill run it for a minute. 

Topped off power steering gluid yesterday which seems to have cured the intermittent power steering assist. 

Getting awfully close to real update time. Isn't it?

The nut on cable end needs to be snug, but not broken. Make sure where the touch I'd clean, I have seen them come out of adjustment when dirty. 

can't can't wait until it has a full front end. I think this time ill actually put the grille in. Maybe.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Grill is a must. 

1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 76

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WuCDofJCW9uaNDRrIlknBMysh8FNEWQC9oJzm9BEYB3ul2RSzuJ7j2QkL4pQ2qtf